Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
strategic promotion of political Islam (Read 28642 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: strategic promotion of political Islam
Reply #30 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 8:57pm

Quote:
You just need to realise some of your questions and claims are just outside the bounds of sensible discussion, and just become nothing but libel and slander. They do not deserve a response, and in most cases, one was already given long ago, Muslims grew tired of refuting the same old garbage long ago.

Sounds like you have been listening to your own rhetoric for far too long. You deliberatly avoid the difficult and novel questions and prefer the 'same old same old' arguments. You yourself post plenty of threads attacking the west that you admit are rubbish, and you happily respond to similar attacks against Islam. You actively participate in the silly repetitive arguments. You also respond to the difficult questions - its just that instead of answering them you go to elaborate lengths to justify non-answers.

Is this your new strategy - stick closely to the script and avoid the controversial topics?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #31 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 11:29pm

Foolosophy,

Quote:
And yet the USA has been involved on over 45 overt and covert wars since the end of WW2 resulting in over 14.3 million civilian deaths in other people's backyards.

Surely this can't be right. Muslims are the terrorists, America told us so.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:47pm

Foolosophy wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 8:32pm:
USA heading the lot - provide ONE example of the USA defending itself against an attack by another state on itS home soil?

Well, the invasion of Iraq, of course. The US acted unilaterally as a defensive, pre-emptive measure against a rogue state. Saddam had WMDs and a nuclear weapons program it was planning to use on America. The US acted by declaring a War on Terror and initiating a defensive strike against the terrorist state of Iraq.

If this was not the case, the US would have broken international law and its leadership would be liable for war crimes.

As Rumsfeld, Bush and Cheney have not been indicted, I think we can safely say that the US's actions were entirely above board.

IP Logged

Grey
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:51pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:47pm:
USA heading the lot - provide ONE example of the USA defending itself against an attack by another state on itS home soil?

Well, the invasion of Iraq, of course. The US acted unilaterally as a defensive, pre-emptive measure against a rogue state. Saddam had WMDs and a nuclear weapons program it was planning to use on America. The US acted by declaring a War on Terror and initiating a defensive strike against the terrorist state of Iraq.

If this was not the case, the US would have broken international law and its leadership would be liable for war crimes.

As Rumsfeld, Bush and Cheney have not been indicted, I think we can safely say that the US's actions were entirely above board.

Grin Very droll

"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live" - Irish Proverb

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #34 - Apr 17th, 2011 at 12:09pm

IP Logged

saku39

Australian Politics

Reply #35 - Apr 23rd, 2011 at 11:28am

freediver wrote on Apr 17th, 2011 at 12:09pm:

It would appear so based on the responses in this thread and numerous others.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 1:34pm

freediver wrote on Apr 6th, 2011 at 6:30pm:
Also Abu why did you use the term propaganda? Are you suggesting that the promotion of Islam should not be entirely open and honest about Islam?

What is wrong with the truth abu are you afraid of the reaction?

If Islam is the truth as muslims claim then why do you have to resort to lies in order to promote it?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #37 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 1:58pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:47pm:

Well you are only lying to yourself

A day without sunshine is like night.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #38 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 8:00pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 19th, 2012 at 1:34pm:
Also Abu why did you use the term propaganda? Are you suggesting that the promotion of Islam should not be entirely open and honest about Islam?

If Islam is the truth as muslims claim then why do you have to resort to lies in order to promote it?

Lies? Who said anything about lies?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 1:28pm

Watch this:

Abu, do you want Shariah law for Australia?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 1:36pm

abu_rashid wrote on Aug 19th, 2012 at 8:00pm:

Why would you use a word like propaganda if your intentions were totally honest?

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #41 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 1:43pm

Baronvonrort wrote on Aug 20th, 2012 at 1:36pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Aug 19th, 2012 at 8:00pm:

Why would you use a word like propaganda if your intentions were totally honest?

Propaganda doesn't imply you are lying?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #42 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 7:49pm

Quote:

This is a pretty good description of Abu:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Quote:
As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.

Obviously he thinks the outcome of his propaganda is 'good', and this justifies all the little deceptions he engages in.

IP Logged

bobbythefap1
Gold Member

Listen now to the rain
Reply #43 - Aug 20th, 2012 at 7:56pm

freediver wrote on Aug 20th, 2012 at 7:49pm:
Quote:

This is a pretty good description of Abu:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Propaganda

Quote:
As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda, in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience. Propaganda often presents facts selectively (thus possibly lying by omission) to encourage a particular synthesis, or uses loaded messages to produce an emotional rather than rational response to the information presented. The desired result is a change of the attitude toward the subject in the target audience to further a political agenda. Propaganda can be used as a form of political warfare.

Obviously he thinks the outcome of his propaganda is 'good', and this justifies all the little deceptions he engages in.

sounds like you and most righties

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #44 - Sep 30th, 2014 at 11:34pm

Gandalf

Can you give us your thoughts on what Abu Rashid said on the Aussie muslims forum in the op?

Does Hikmah = wisdom?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print