Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print
Tim Flannery reveals AGW SCAM (Read 41149 times)
sandysquirrel18

Australian Politics

Tim Flannery reveals AGW SCAM
Mar 26th, 2011 at 8:59am

On his very first morning as Julia Gillard’s $720,000 carbon tax salesman, Tim Flannery blows the entire
scam
wide open:

"If we cut emissions today, global temperatures are not likely to drop for about a thousand years".
Tim Flannery also said Julia Gillard was wrong in saying there were no respected climate-sceptic scientists.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/climate/no-fast-result-in-cuts-flannery/story-e6frg6xf-1226028366173

What a total farce this has all become.  Gillard acts like a raving maniac on Q & A so desperate is she to have her insidious tax grab passed.  Most people know this stinking Carbon Tax is nothing more than a tax grab to fund Labor and the Greens loony, wasteful Policies and has really nothing to do with global warming (oops, the Earth is not warming anymore).  Gillard is so desperate to balance the books after so much of Labor's disastrous, wasteful and mismanaged spending of Taxpayers money.

Will Tim Flannery be told to toe the Labor Party line if he wants to keep his huge tax funded income or will he do a typical Labor backflip and say that he didn't say or mean what he said at the Geelong Forum?

Ju-liar, you have no mandate to introduce this obscenity of a tax.  Haven't you got the guts to hold a new election and let the people decide for themselves?

On another note, tonight will be a fun night watching the NSW Election coverage and I and some of my friends have all our goodies lined up to have a super duper pigout as we watch the downfall of yet another disgraceful Labor Government

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Re: Tim Flannery reveals AGW SCAM
Reply #1 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:03am

sandysquirrel18 wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 8:59am:
   "If we cut emissions today, global temperatures are not likely to drop for about a thousand years".

So, you will jump on this statement - and yet conscientiously dismiss any and all claims about global warming!?

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Maeve

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:05am

On his very first morning as Julia Gillard’s $720,000 carbon tax salesman, Tim Flannery blows the entire
scam
wide open:

Tim Flannery also said Julia Gillard was wrong in saying there were no respected climate-sceptic scientists.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/climate/no-fast-result-in-cuts-flannery/story-e6frg6xf-1226028366173

What a total farce this has all become.  Gillard acts like a raving maniac on Q & A so desperate is she to have her insidious tax grab passed.  Most people know this stinking Carbon Tax is nothing more than a tax grab to fund Labor and the Greens loony, wasteful Policies and has really nothing to do with global warming (oops, the Earth is not warming anymore).  Gillard is so desperate to balance the books after so much of Labor's disastrous, wasteful and mismanaged spending of Taxpayers money.

Will Tim Flannery be told to toe the Labor Party line if he wants to keep his huge tax funded income or will he do a typical Labor backflip and say that he didn't say or mean what he said at the Geelong Forum?

Ju-liar, you have no mandate to introduce this obscenity of a tax.  Haven't you got the guts to hold a new election and let the people decide for themselves?

On another note, tonight will be a fun night watching the NSW Election coverage and I and some of my friends have all our goodies lined up to have a super duper pigout as we watch the downfall of yet another disgraceful Labor Government

I hope you are going to turn all your lights out for earth hour sandy   Wink

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:05am

oh gawd $720.000 pa no wonder she wants the Carbon Tax...

good on him he wont have the job for long.. and that will spell out everything we from the right already know about this govt..

what ever talkback says is the go.. oh and booby of course..he is like one of these cult leaders I always find..

."its believe me.. its what I say that counts not what I do..."

he would have to be the biggest hypocrite in the parliament..

jumping on planes and into limos at the drtop of a hat.. bet he has his aircon going 24/7...

havent seen solar or a windmill on top of parliament house yet..

my goodness they are taking their time..maybe they dont like the look of them offends their eyes..

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:07am

Equitist wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:03am:

So, you will jump on this statement - and yet conscientiously dismiss any and all claims about global warming!?

AND WHY NOT Grin Grin Grin Grin

No fast result in cuts: Flannery Mitchell Nadin, Stuart Rintoul From: The Australian March 26, 2011 12:00AM Increase Text SizeDecrease Text SizePrintEmail Share
Add to DiggAdd to del.icio.usAdd to FacebookAdd to KwoffAdd to MyspaceAdd to NewsvineWhat are these?THE Gillard government's chief promoter of the climate change debate has admitted even a global effort to cut carbon emissions would not lower temperatures for up to 1000 years.
Chief Climate Commissioner Tim Flannery also said Julia Gillard was wrong in saying there were no respected climate-sceptic scientists.

In an interview with Macquarie Radio yesterday, Professor Flannery told hosts Steve Price and Andrew Bolt that if Australia achieved its aim of a 5 per cent reduction of greenhouse gases on 2000 levels, it would have a negligible short- or even medium-term impact on world temperatures.

"If the world as a whole cut all emissions tomorrow, the average temperature of the planet's not going to drop for several hundred years, perhaps over 1000 years," he said.

Professor Flannery leads the Climate Change Commission, an organisation created by the Gillard government charged with "leading public dialogue covering the science of climate change, how climate change may affect Australia, how carbon pricing could interact with the Australian economy, and what other countries are already doing to reduce greenhouse gas emissions".

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
Related CoverageTax to make no difference to climate Herald Sun, 9 hours ago
Black pall over Labor carbon tax Courier Mail, 9 Mar 2011
Flannery quits as climate body chief Courier Mail, 5 Mar 2011
Where's Tim? The Australian, 3 Mar 2011
Tim Flannery The Australian, 15 Feb 2011
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
The commission is currently in Geelong, 75km southwest of Melbourne, the first of many host towns to hold discussion forums.

In the interview, Professor Flannery said he was not there to offer comfort to employees or talk about the carbon tax, but added he would speak about the broader economics of the situation.

Professor Flannery also admitted that the Prime Minister had incorrectly stated that her side of the argument was "backed by every reputable climate scientist in the world". He agreed that there were reputable scientists who did not necessarily believe in the science of climate change.

But Professor Flannery said doing nothing risked "triggering a change we can't control".

Before last night's forum, Professor Flannery had compared climate change deniers to flat Earth believers and said the level of debate on the issue in Australia showed "a lot of heat, but not much light".

Speaking to The Weekend Australian, he also defended the lack of a climate change sceptic on the federal government's new commission, saying deniers were not sceptical enough to allow for the possibility of climate change.

"Climate deniers say they know the future; they know what will happen; the climate isn't changing. That is not a scientific way of approaching things," he said.

About 500 people attended last night's forum, in an industry and trade-exposed city, filling the town hall to standing room.

At one point, a man in the audience asked how much he had profited from years of "scaremongering and alarmist false predictions", but it was an isolated comment and Professor Flannery was applauded when he replied that what was needed was a clear and level-headed discussio.

Grin Grin Grin Grin

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

Maeve

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:08am

TIM Flannery, an expert in bones, has made a fortune from books and lectures warning that we face global warming doom. He scared us so well that we last year made him Australian of the Year.
In March, Flannery said: “The water problem is so severe for Adelaide that it may run out of water by early 2009.”

In fact, Adelaide’s reservoirs are now 75 per cent full, just weeks from 2009.

In June last year, Flannery warned Brisbane’s “water supplies are so low they need desalinated water urgently, possibly in as little as 18 months”.

In fact, 18 months later, its dams are 46 per cent full after Brisbane’s wettest spring in 27 years.

In 2005, Flannery predicted Sydney’s dams could be dry in just two years.

In fact, three years later its dams are 63 per cent full, not least because June last year was its wettest since 1951.

In 2004, Flannery said global warming would cause such droughts that “there is a fair chance Perth will be the 21st century’s first ghost metropolis”.

In fact, Perth now has the lowest water restrictions of any state capital, thanks to its desalination plant and dams that are 40 per cent full after the city’s wettest November in 17 years.

IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:11am

Maeve wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:08am:
TIM Flannery, an expert in bones, has made a fortune from books and lectures warning that we face global warming doom. He scared us so well that we last year made him Australian of the Year.
In March, Flannery said: “The water problem is so severe for Adelaide that it may run out of water by early 2009.”

In fact, Adelaide’s reservoirs are now 75 per cent full, just weeks from 2009.

In June last year, Flannery warned Brisbane’s “water supplies are so low they need desalinated water urgently, possibly in as little as 18 months”.

In fact, 18 months later, its dams are 46 per cent full after Brisbane’s wettest spring in 27 years.

In 2005, Flannery predicted Sydney’s dams could be dry in just two years.

In fact, three years later its dams are 63 per cent full, not least because June last year was its wettest since 1951.

In 2004, Flannery said global warming would cause such droughts that “there is a fair chance Perth will be the 21st century’s first ghost metropolis”.

In fact, Perth now has the lowest water restrictions of any state capital, thanks to its desalination plant and dams that are 40 per cent full after the city’s wettest November in 17 years.

[/color]ONLY 1000  YEARS  LOL Grin Grin Grin

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #7 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:12am

LOL...at the bizarre habit of right whingers of engaging in endlessly-self-contradictory doublethink...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #8 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:28am

I see the right attack the man and not the science.....Flannery was honest and did a great job in conveying the need to act on climate change....I see no argument from the right that contradicts the science!!!

Against criticism a man can neither protest nor defend himself; he must act in spite of it, and then it will gradually yield to him.
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #9 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:30am

How many astro turfers do you think we have?

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:46am

Dsmithy70 wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:30am:

whats an astro turfer smithy??

as it happens I see no one from the hardleft is game to contradict the Australian of the Year...lol...

just attack the messenger.. oh well no one from the right will be surprised about that...nem is still giving her vote to the Labs in NSW hysterical..I would rather vote for my dog and he sleeps 23 hours a day.. and poops the rest.. sound familiar????.. lol.

anyway smithy never heard of astro turfer fill me in so I know what you guys are all talking about.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:46am

Sandy, I think you simply misunderstood what he said. To be clear, he did not say we would have no influence on the climate.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

sandysquirrel18

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:52am

Ah, you lefties don't get it do you?  What a laugh you are.  A passenger in the taxi I drive only said yesterday that the weather is very changeable lately, and I said, "don't worry, Gillard's tax will fix everything".  The climate goddess will look down on Australia, see that we are being taxed to the hilt and then put a stop to the shenanigans and give us perfect weather.  Did we have a good laugh.  But..............Flannery now tells us that we will have to wait for at least 1000 yrs for it to happen.  This gets more ludicrous every day..................but party on Labor and destroy your credibility even further.  Wait on, has Labor ever had any real credibility other than lies, deception, waste and mismanagement? Roll Eyes

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:56am

freediver wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:46am:
Sandy, I think you simply misunderstood what he said. To be clear, he did not say we would have no influence on the climate.

sorry FD.. but who in the hell would be game to predict what will take place in 1000 years from now...even 50 yrs is a big ask..

I think this was a PANIC BUTTON push by some who were hoping to get PANIC votes..and its now on a rollercoaster ride from hell.. and they cannot get off it.. it has gone feral as they say..

you cant have human caused climategate one day.. and no it isnt human casued the next.

we, our management! is trying to find a way of TAXing the miners because they have run out of options. we are taxed to the hilt and they know it... so they need to look at other options they think this will be popular with us all.. thats all.

booby is probably scratching his head and wondering why so many are not that way inclined

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #14 - Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:57am

cods wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:46am:
Dsmithy70 wrote on Mar 26th, 2011 at 9:30am:

whats an astro turfer smithy??

as it happens I see no one from the hardleft is game to contradict the Australian of the Year...lol...

just attack the messenger.. oh well no one from the right will be surprised about that...nem is still giving her vote to the Labs in NSW hysterical..I would rather vote for my dog and he sleeps 23 hours a day.. and poops the rest.. sound familiar????.. lol.

anyway smithy never heard of astro turfer fill me in so I know what you guys are all talking about.

Quote:
Astroturfing is a form of advocacy often in support of a political or corporate agenda designed to give the appearance of a "grassroots" movement. The goal of such campaigns is to disguise the efforts of a political and/or commercial entity as an independent public reaction to some political entity—a politician, political group, product, service or event. The term is a derivation of AstroTurf, a brand of synthetic carpeting designed to look like natural grass.

Astroturfers attempt to orchestrate the actions of apparently diverse and geographically distributed individuals, by both overt ("outreach", "awareness", etc.) and covert (disinformation) means. Astroturfing may be undertaken by an individual promoting a personal agenda, or highly organized professional groups with money from large corporations, unions, non-profits, or activist organizations. Very often, the efforts are conducted by political consultants who also specialize in opposition research. Beneficiaries are not "grass root" campaigners but distant organizations that orchestrate such campaigns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astroturfing

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Send Topic Print