Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print
Tim Flannery reveals AGW SCAM (Read 41148 times)
perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Re: Tim Flannery reveals AGW SCAM
Reply #135 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 7:44pm

freediver wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 6:58pm:
Quote:
FD,
I could go thru point by point, which would simply be a waste of my time, as your ideas are fixed and no amount of information will change your thoughts.

Suffice to say, you are WRONG!

So you can't make a rational argument, but still think you are right anyway?

Oh, I can make rational arguments, which I have done previously, but if someone has their mind/ideas fixed, then no amount of rational information will change that mind or ideas!

And, my time is very important, to me, so I prefer to use it, to the best advantage.

But, good luck with your ideas, even if they are already incorrect & time will prove them more so!

IP Logged

astro_surf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #136 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 8:01pm

philperth2010 wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 7:20pm:
I always wonder who was the first scientist to spruce this AGW scam before the rest of the scientific world jumped on board......If we are to believe the people who say AWG is a scam we must believe there is a conspiracy between the organizations who support AGW.....I would expect such a conspiracy would be highly improbable....The more plausible conclusion would be there is in fact a need to act on AGW!!!

Probability = Action.

Smiley

A good reputation is more valuable than money.
Publilius Syrus (~100 BC), Maxims

You mean Svante Arranheius, way back in the 1890s? But, yeah, I often wonder the same thing about other scientific "scams" like heliocentrism and evolution.
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2011 at 8:09pm by astro_surf »  

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:23am:
So tell me, you'd like to see more and more craphouse coloured people in Australia right?&&Yeah good idea moron.&&

IP Logged

astro_surf
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #137 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 8:04pm

Upon further reflection, I'm starting to suspect that my least reply was a textbook example of Poe; s Law in action!  Grin

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Sep 11th, 2011 at 11:23am:
So tell me, you'd like to see more and more craphouse coloured people in Australia right?&&Yeah good idea moron.&&

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #138 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 8:09pm

yes very good,the con is over with,just about.

many beloved ones are waking up...this is comforting

for humanity is just about to be self realized as the divine

frequencies and ViBrAtIoNs increase in every now moment..

in LOVE and LIGHT

namaste

-:)

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #139 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 8:31pm

perceptions_now wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 7:44pm:
freediver wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 6:58pm:
Quote:
FD,
I could go thru point by point, which would simply be a waste of my time, as your ideas are fixed and no amount of information will change your thoughts.

Suffice to say, you are WRONG!

So you can't make a rational argument, but still think you are right anyway?

Oh, I can make rational arguments, which I have done previously, but if someone has their mind/ideas fixed, then no amount of rational information will change that mind or ideas!

And, my time is very important, to me, so I prefer to use it, to the best advantage.

But, good luck with your ideas, even if they are already incorrect & time will prove them more so!

So you will happily waste your time responding with nonsense, but a rational argument is too much to ask of you?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #140 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:02pm

Equitist wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:50am:
Soren wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:46am:
You would have to triple the price of coal-generated energy to make renewables cost-effective.

If one factors in the billions of taxpayer-funded dollars injected into the coal and coal-fired-power industries to date, then renewables come out way in front in terms of cost-effectiveness as well as environmental responsibility and long-term economic sustainability...

But interestingly that is not what Gillard is suggesting. SHe just wants to tax carbon.

I am actually in favour of big tax breaks for R&D into alternative energy (not administered by the government, a la pink bats, I hasten to add, but by a body that knows what's what with energy research). I am also in favour of being careful and not wasteful with our existing energy (or food, other resources, soil, water etc). Not to mention that it is plenty expensive already as it is.

But I am against simply slapping a tax on carbon-based energy, especially the way it is proposed by this government. After 4 years, I just can't imgine this mob getting anything right.

Rudd as PM? Gillard as PM? Swan??? Garret??? Bob Brown as a coalition partner???? Costello was stupid to leave in a huff. He would be PM now.

IP Logged

Foolosophy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #141 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:13pm

The 150%  R&D tax rebate was reduced to 125% by none other than the wonderful Howard government in the late 1990's

10 years of Howard/Costello corner shop economics, signing a so called free trade agreement with the basket case USA, sellign off all commercial TV networks to private US and Canadian equity gropus, etc (a list too long to go into detail here)

That tag team of Australian imposters has sewn the seeds that is wrecking this nations soverienty and future prosperity.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #142 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:16pm

perceptions_now wrote on Mar 27th, 2011 at 6:44pm:
astro_surf wrote on Mar 27th, 2011 at 5:51pm:
What a surprise,
economic alarmists misrepresenting science to advance their agenda.
I sure didn't see that coming.

Gizmo,
I think Astro is talking to you!

No PN, astro is talking through his arse...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #143 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:33pm

Foolosophy wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:13pm:
The 150%  R&D tax rebate was reduced to 125% by none other than the wonderful Howard government in the late 1990's

Still, a much more effective and competent way to encourage development of alternative energy sources than taxing energy producers to compensate energy users for the increased taxes.
You must also have a BA from UQ, like Swan, to nod that one through as an alternative.

IP Logged

Foolosophy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #144 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:36pm

Soren wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:33pm:
The 150%  R&D tax rebate was reduced to 125% by none other than the wonderful Howard government in the late 1990's

Still, a much more effective and competent way to encourage development of alternative energy sources than taxing energy producers to compensate energy users for the increased taxes.
You must also have a BA from UQ, like Swan, to nod that one through as an alternative.

Does this offend you Soren?

"Even the best of the Gentiles should be Killed"
(Abodah Zara 26b)

Gee I wonder who still believes in that?

Or are you only offended by extreme Islamic dogma?

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #145 - Mar 28th, 2011 at 11:05pm

Foolosophy wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 10:36pm:

Does this offend you Soren?

"Even the best of the Gentiles should be Killed"
(Abodah Zara 26b)

Gee I wonder who still believes in that?

Or are you only offended by extreme Islamic dogma?

Hey, loony, you're passing the ball again to people only you can see.

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #146 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:12pm

Soren wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:02pm:
You would have to triple the price of coal-generated energy to make renewables cost-effective.

If one factors in the billions of taxpayer-funded dollars injected into the coal and coal-fired-power industries to date, then renewables come out way in front in terms of cost-effectiveness as well as environmental responsibility and long-term economic sustainability...

But interestingly that is not what Gillard is suggesting. SHe just wants to tax carbon.

I am actually in favour of big tax breaks for R&D into alternative energy (not administered by the government, a la pink bats, I hasten to add, but by a body that knows what's what with energy research). I am also in favour of being careful and not wasteful with our existing energy (or food, other resources, soil, water etc). Not to mention that it is plenty expensive already as it is.

But I am against simply slapping a tax on carbon-based energy, especially the way it is proposed by this government. After 4 years, I just can't imgine this mob getting anything right.

Rudd as PM? Gillard as PM? Swan??? Garret??? Bob Brown as a coalition partner???? Costello was stupid to leave in a huff. He would be PM now.

cOSTELLO WOULD BE pm BY NOW???? MATE, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THAT!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

cOSTELLO WOULD BE pm BY NOW???? MATE, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THAT!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Roll Eyes

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #147 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:20pm

The 150%  R&D tax rebate was reduced to 125% by none other than the wonderful Howard government in the late 1990's

Abbott has no alternative vision: the public perception is set and he will be gone very soon!

It is very hard to change public perception once they've labelled you as a time-waster!

The Libs are getting called ANTI MARKET FORCES  thanks to Abbott so Julia is just relishing this opportunity to pick him apart(i.e. do him ) slowly as he attempts to dive into, and then out of  Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked , the tail spin he has put himself in.

This is first class comedy!

HE IS FRIED AND YOU KNOW IT!

THIS IS A DOODLE!!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #148 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 12:20pm

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Mar 30th, 2011 at 8:12pm:
Soren wrote on Mar 28th, 2011 at 9:02pm:

cOSTELLO WOULD BE pm BY NOW???? MATE, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THAT!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

cOSTELLO WOULD BE pm BY NOW???? MATE, WE ALL KNOW YOU'RE SMARTER THAN THAT!!!!!  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Wink

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Roll Eyes

Costello would have beaten Gillard, hands down, too. Abbott did.
SHe would not be PM now if she had said" there will be a carbon tax under the government I lead". Even Christopher Pyne would have beaten her if she had said that before the election.

« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2011 at 12:27pm by Soren »  

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #149 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 1:15pm

Considering the original post declares that the AGW scam is revealed, and numerous posters have written posts supporting that statement, would any of them be game to try and flesh that argument out for me?

If they could offer a few snippets of information regarding how they came to believe this was indeed a scam, as I am sure they sincerely believe, then explaining how they arrive at that conclusion may be enlightening for me.

1: Who started it?

2: Why did they start it?

3: What are their objectives?

4: Do they have an End Game, or ultimate objective in mind?

5: How did they enlist so much support from the scientific community that were not a part of the original scam in the early days?

6: How do they maintain such a high degree of secrecy, so that no whistle blowers have emerged yet?

That is just some basic questions, but when you answer those, I am sure I will wish to know more, so here is your chance to share your knowledge about this scam.

I look forward to having someone brave enough to try and respond to any of these points, because you know that I currently do not think it is a scam, and would require answers to at least some of those questions to see me change my mind.

If you cannot answer any of the questions I posed, then alternatively you could just try and put in your own words what made you believe it is a scam, because I am not seeing it.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 
Send Topic Print