Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
japanese refugees for queensland, (Read 988 times)
sporadicmultiplusses

Australian Politics

japanese refugees for queensland,
Mar 22nd, 2011 at 11:00am

Japanese refugee plan to go before Prime Minister Julia Gillard By Gavin King From: The Cairns Post March 17, 2011 8:18AM

QUEENSLAND Senator Jan McLucas will meet Prime Minister Julia Gillard next week to discuss the proposal to open the Far North's doors to thousands of Japanese tsunami refugees.
Senator McLucas said the idea, floated by businessman Dean Pradal in response to the unprecedented humanitarian crisis in Japan, was worth exploring.

Under the plan, up to 5000 Japanese people left homeless by the tsunami could be housed in hotels and apartments across the Far North for up to six months, The Cairns Post said.

Up to 500,000 people are homeless after last Friday's earthquake and tsunami.

The relocation plan would need to be subsidised by the Federal Government's foreign aid budget, which is expected to contribute millions of dollars to the embattled country.

Senator McLucas applauded the Far Northern community for generating the offer of help for Japan, with similar sentiments on display in the wake of the Victorian bushfires, the floods and cyclone Yasi. "Japan is much more than a trading partner to Australia, they are our friends and they are in need of help," she said.

"The Far North has a particularly strong connection to Japan and it is heartening to see the goodwill on offer by locals.

"I will raise the offer with the Prime Minister when we're back in Parliament next week and explore whether such an idea is possible.

"Most importantly, we need to consider whether Japan would be accepting of this form of support and is something their local residents want."

Leichhardt MP Warren Entsch also supports the idea, saying he had spoken to Coalition leader Tony Ab

Now is this a worrying development if implemented?
I mean if the crisis with japans nuclear powerstations goes from bad to worse and there are meltdowns thereby contaminating large sections of japan then what?...could this japanese refugees for queensland proposal start as  a trickle and end in a flood? Shocked

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: japanese refugees for queensland,
Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 12:41pm

it all sounds wonderful on paper..however people need to stay where they are as they are needed to get the country back on its feet... whats the point of shipping people half way around the world when they would rather be where they are... we have to send HELP there for gods sake for as long as it will take..

there must be safe places for them in Japan lets start there.
the Japanese dont travel well they prefer there own country and life style..its time the world got its act together and had a fail safe plan for all emergencies..

we cant expect those that have lived through the horror to turn it around and rebuild straight away..

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #2 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 12:46pm

cods wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 12:41pm:
it all sounds wonderful on paper..however people need to stay where they are as they are needed to get the country back on its feet... whats the point of shipping people half way around the world when they would rather be where they are... we have to send HELP there for gods sake for as long as it will take..

there must be safe places for them in Japan lets start there.
the Japanese dont travel well they prefer there own country and life style..its time the world got its act together and had a fail safe plan for all emergencies..

we cant expect those that have lived through the horror to turn it around and rebuild straight away..

Who ever thought of this idea is clinically insane. Cool

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 12:56pm

What planet are these politicians on? The Japanese are quite capable of resettling their own refugees without shipping them thousands of miles from home. Given the Japanese work ethic in a couple of years there will be no trace of this disaster left.

Meanwhile, we have thousands of Australians urgently needing housing and other services. Why not concentrate on them instead of trying to score brownie points on the international stage?

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #4 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 1:04pm

The Australian Government and State, like the UK, Ireland, The US and most European regimes are outlaw and rogue driven by Imperialism rather than reason and law.  We in the West are the ones who require regime change, desperately for the sake of our peoples.  We deserve better than these nutjobs. Cool

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 1:26pm

You simply have to admire the intelligence of other countries like Japan and their Governments who have purchased Australian land and Australian businesses with 99 year leases with options to renew.

These countries and their Governments were thinking ahead as if something like a natural disaster happened to their country or its people, then their people would have somewhere permanent to live and agricultural land to feed its population living in the host country or by transporting food back to the mother country, and there is no a damn thing the host nation like Australia could do about it.

A definite strategic move by the Japanese by buying so many apartment building and farms in Queensland. 

At least this way they don’t have to go begging cap-in-hand like refugees seeking assistance like dumb-arse Aussies will, if something ever happens in Australia.

Other countries like Japan are planning for future disasters and buying as much agricultural land as they can get, and what is the Australian Government doing and its people doing, selling their limited fertile agricultural land to these other countries on 99 year leases.

You simply cannot get more backward and dumb-arse than that. 

Maggot mouth will always be more concerned about providing 4* accommodation to foreigners coming to Australia than she is in the 150,000 homeless Aussies.

IP Logged

billy the fish

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Mar 22nd, 2011 at 3:38pm

all this selling off took place under the Howard regime including the deal he proudly anounced of selling our gas to  china at a fixed price of 4 cents a litre for the next 30 years

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 7:43pm

Quote:
whats the point of shipping people half way around the world when they would rather be where they are...

How do you know what they want cods? Would you want to be there?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:03am

billy the fish wrote on Mar 22nd, 2011 at 3:38pm:
all this selling off took place under the Howard regime including the deal he proudly anounced of selling our gas to  china at a fixed price of 4 cents a litre for the next 30 years

I agree that politicians from the Libs & Labs have sold Australia at garage sale prices to make themselves seem like they can manage the Australian economy, when in fact they cannot without selling off publically owned assets or fertile Agricultural land.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #9 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 9:33am

I thought we send all Asian refugees to the Northern Territory
and all North American refugees to Queensland?
Huh

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print