Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Labor demonising those who question the science (Read 29621 times)
BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Re: Labor demonising those who question the science
Reply #90 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 6:25pm

chicken_lipsforme wrote on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 7:23am:
Well considering the experts have a 50/50 chance of getting tomorrows weather picked correctly, what chance to they have from guesstimating 200 years ago.
Although to give credit where credit is due, they are very good at picking yesterdays weather.

With logic like that I don't think you're going to remain too much of a roadblock!

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #91 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:27pm

Anyone catch Question Time today?

Labor's answer to every question started with "Climate Change deniers...."

Anyone who questioned the tax was labeled a Climate Change denier

Anyone who questions the GST in the future shall be known as Goods and Services denier

Gillard then labels the protesters as "extremists" for calling her a liar. So anyone who calls Gillard a liar is now labeled an EXTREMIST??

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #92 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:31pm

Maqqa wrote on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:27pm:

Anyone who questions the GST in the future shall be known as Goods and Services denier

maqqa, slr, mellie,
Well I question the ETS or ET's!

But, I think I can still introduce you, as a Climate Change denier!

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #93 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:36pm

perceptions_now wrote on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:31pm:
maqqa, slr, mellie,
Well I question the ETS or ET's!

But, I think I can still introduce you, as a Climate Change denier!

I've never hidden my ID so not sure what the issue is!

on the other point - I am not denying anything about the climate change

FACT - Climate change every minute of the day

FACT - you guys have yet to provide conclusive proof that global warming is mainly attributed to man

you can't even get your accusations right!!

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

mavisdavis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #94 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 8:17am

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 6:25pm:
Well considering the experts have a 50/50 chance of getting tomorrows weather picked correctly, what chance to they have from guesstimating 200 years ago.
Although to give credit where credit is due, they are very good at picking yesterdays weather.

With logic like that I don't think you're going to remain too much of a roadblock!

On the highway to Scamsville.

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #95 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 10:15am

BatteriesNotIncluded wrote on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 6:25pm:

A road to where I wonder.
Either way, it was never my intention to be a roadblock.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #96 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 10:36am

Maqqa wrote on Mar 23rd, 2011 at 10:27pm:

Gillard then labels the protesters as "extremists" for calling her a liar. So anyone who calls Gillard a liar is now labeled an EXTREMIST??

This is how they work maqqa.
But in the end it's only names, and it doesn't matter.
What does matter is when the scientists come up with something more credible than guesswork, estimates, extrapolation and computer modelling as the basis for their claims that the earth is in fact warming let alone that humans impact on the climate is as they we are then they can be taken a bit more serious.
It seems that the law of probabilities, predictions and extrapolation now takes precedence over cold hard facts in science today.
It also seems that their scientific standards have dropped somewhat.
If the Druids were still around today, they would be smiling at this.
Al Gore isn't too concerned anymore either, dispite the hysterical storm created by his book that he made millions from.
His nice new $8.8 million luxury Villa stands right on the beachfront in California, and I suspect he doesn't beleive it's going underwater anytime soon either.

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #97 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:33am

I liked how the talkback radio interviewers asked members of the crowd at the Carbon Tax Rally, if they were extremists?

Amazingly, none of them considered themselves extremists, lmao,  they were all the epitome of fair minded, and balanced Australians, in their own eyes.

Seriously, how many nutters think of themselves in that way, and how many think that they are amonga small handful of sane ones, and the other 99.99% of people are the wacky, delusional ones?

The crowd should have been polled to ask how many of them believed that AGW was really a giant conspiracy, organised by either, scientists wanting grant money, or by left wing extremists seeking to destroy western society, or a Zionist plot, for secret zionisty reasons, lol(my favourite of the lot).

I would also liked to have had the crowd polled to ask how many of them believed that Abbott had really accepted that AGW was real, or that he just has to say that now, because that is what the public expects a political leader to say, but deep down they know he still believes it is "ABSOLUTE CRAP", just like they do.

My guess would be that the majority of those who were there yesterday, would have been of the more extreme AGW denial mindset, and a very significant number would ascribe to one of the conspiracy theories, and would also believe that Abbott actually still agreed with them on those key points.

Extremists??

You decide.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Soren
Gold Member

Reply #98 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 8:45am

Bad news - world's not coming to an end, after all. Bummer.

Without sea-level acceleration, the 20th-century sea-level trend of 1.7 mm/y would produce a rise of only approximately 0.15 m from 2010 to 2100; therefore, sea-level acceleration is a critical component of projected sea-level rise. To determine this acceleration, we analyze monthly-averaged records for 57 U.S. tide gauges in the Permanent Service for Mean Sea Level (PSMSL) data base that have lengths of 60–156 years. Least-squares quadratic analysis of each of the 57 records are performed to quantify accelerations, and 25 gauge records having data spanning from 1930 to 2010 are analyzed. In both cases we obtain small average sea-level decelerations. To compare these results with worldwide data, we extend the analysis of Douglas (1992) by an additional 25 years and analyze revised data of Church and White (2006) from 1930 to 2007 and also obtain small sea-level decelerations similar to those we obtain from U.S. gauge records.
http://www.jcronline.org/doi/abs/10.2112/JCOASTRES-D-10-00157.1

By a couple of right-wing nutters, surely?  Er... no.

J. R. Houston, Director Emeritus, Engineer Research and Development Center, Corps of Engineers, 3909 Halls Ferry Road, Vicksburg, MS 39180, U.S.A. james.r.houston@usace.army.mil

R. G. Dean, Professor Emeritus, Department of Civil and Coastal Civil Engineering, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611, U.S.A. dean@coastal.ufl.edu

IP Logged

Please delete
Gold Member

Please delete this smacking

Reply #99 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 8:55am

Did you access the whole article? All you are quoting is the abstract.

IP Logged

Please delete
Gold Member

Please delete this smacking

Reply #100 - Mar 29th, 2011 at 8:56am

And I don't understand what the relevance is (but then I have a head cold, so my thinking is definitely sluggish)

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #101 - Mar 30th, 2011 at 9:13pm

mozzaok wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:33am:
I liked how the talkback radio interviewers asked members of the crowd at the Carbon Tax Rally, if they were extremists?

Amazingly, none of them considered themselves extremists, lmao,  they were all the epitome of fair minded, and balanced Australians, in their own eyes.

Seriously, how many nutters think of themselves in that way, and how many think that they are amonga small handful of sane ones, and the other 99.99% of people are the wacky, delusional ones?

The crowd should have been polled to ask how many of them believed that AGW was really a giant conspiracy, organised by either, scientists wanting grant money, or by left wing extremists seeking to destroy western society, or a Zionist plot, for secret zionisty reasons, lol(my favourite of the lot).

I would also liked to have had the crowd polled to ask how many of them believed that Abbott had really accepted that AGW was real, or that he just has to say that now, because that is what the public expects a political leader to say, but deep down they know he still believes it is "ABSOLUTE CRAP", just like they do.

My guess would be that the majority of those who were there yesterday, would have been of the more extreme AGW denial mindset, and a very significant number would ascribe to one of the conspiracy theories, and would also believe that Abbott actually still agreed with them on those key points.

Extremists??

You decide.

Andrew Bolt accused Tony Abbott two Sundays before last ON THE INSIDERS of acting on Climate Change without believing in Climate Change.

It's not a secret or anything!

It is Australias worst kept secret that Tony is acting on Climate Change without believing in Climate Change.  Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Cool Grin Grin

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #102 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:22am

Amazingly, none of them considered themselves extremists, lmao,  they were all the epitome of fair minded, and balanced Australians, in their own eyes.

Extremists??

You decide.

Well they must be extremists and nutters.
Who wouldn't want another tax burden placed upon struggling working families.
Let them eat cake.

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #103 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 9:13am

chicken_lipsforme wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:22am:

Amazingly, none of them considered themselves extremists, lmao,  they were all the epitome of fair minded, and balanced Australians, in their own eyes.

Extremists??

You decide.

Let them eat cake.

Well if Abbott had supported the mining tax we could have used that revenue to combat CC.
No burden on any struggling working families, but no the billionaires & the multi national companies bottom line came before Australians for Tony & his supporters, how about you chook were you in favour or one of the ones predicting complete economic collaspe as the miners & shareholders took their bat & ball home because instead of a 10 billion 1/2 year profit it may have been 8, no sense working for that piddly profit eh.(that's PROFIT not turnover)

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #104 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 9:54am

Dsmithy70 wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 9:13am:
chicken_lipsforme wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:22am:

Extremists??

You decide.

Let them eat cake.

Well if Abbott had supported the mining tax we could have used that revenue to combat CC.
No burden on any struggling working families, but no the billionaires & the multi national companies bottom line came before Australians for Tony & his supporters, how about you chook were you in favour or one of the ones predicting complete economic collaspe as the miners & shareholders took their bat & ball home because instead of a 10 billion 1/2 year profit it may have been 8, no sense working for that piddly profit eh.(that's PROFIT not turnover)

There was no air tax when Abbott wasn't supporting the mining tax.
And that was right up until the election.

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print