Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print
Labor demonising those who question the science (Read 29403 times)
Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Re: Labor demonising those who question the science
Reply #105 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:01am

chicken_lipsforme wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 9:54am:
Dsmithy70 wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 9:13am:
chicken_lipsforme wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:22am:
mozzaok wrote on Mar 24th, 2011 at 11:33am:
I liked how the talkback radio interviewers asked members of the crowd at the Carbon Tax Rally, if they were extremists?

Amazingly, none of them considered themselves extremists, lmao,  they were all the epitome of fair minded, and balanced Australians, in their own eyes.

Seriously, how many nutters think of themselves in that way, and how many think that they are amonga small handful of sane ones, and the other 99.99% of people are the wacky, delusional ones?

The crowd should have been polled to ask how many of them believed that AGW was really a giant conspiracy, organised by either, scientists wanting grant money, or by left wing extremists seeking to destroy western society, or a Zionist plot, for secret zionisty reasons, lol(my favourite of the lot).

I would also liked to have had the crowd polled to ask how many of them believed that Abbott had really accepted that AGW was real, or that he just has to say that now, because that is what the public expects a political leader to say, but deep down they know he still believes it is "ABSOLUTE CRAP", just like they do.

My guess would be that the majority of those who were there yesterday, would have been of the more extreme AGW denial mindset, and a very significant number would ascribe to one of the conspiracy theories, and would also believe that Abbott actually still agreed with them on those key points.

Extremists??

You decide.

Well they must be extremists and nutters.
Who wouldn't want another tax burden placed upon struggling working families.
Let them eat cake.

Well if Abbott had supported the mining tax we could have used that revenue to combat CC.
No burden on any struggling working families, but no the billionaires & the multi national companies bottom line came before Australians for Tony & his supporters, how about you chook were you in favour or one of the ones predicting complete economic collaspe as the miners & shareholders took their bat & ball home because instead of a 10 billion 1/2 year profit it may have been 8, no sense working for that piddly profit eh.(that's PROFIT not turnover)

There was no air tax when Abbott wasn't supporting the mining tax.
And that was right up until the election.

That does not answer my question, did you support Australia's struggling families who you are now using to support your argument or did you blindly follow Tony and support multi billionaires continuing to profit handsomely?

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #106 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:05pm

Dsmithy70 wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 10:01am:
I liked how the talkback radio interviewers asked members of the crowd at the Carbon Tax Rally, if they were extremists?

Amazingly, none of them considered themselves extremists, lmao,  they were all the epitome of fair minded, and balanced Australians, in their own eyes.

Seriously, how many nutters think of themselves in that way, and how many think that they are amonga small handful of sane ones, and the other 99.99% of people are the wacky, delusional ones?

The crowd should have been polled to ask how many of them believed that AGW was really a giant conspiracy, organised by either, scientists wanting grant money, or by left wing extremists seeking to destroy western society, or a Zionist plot, for secret zionisty reasons, lol(my favourite of the lot).

I would also liked to have had the crowd polled to ask how many of them believed that Abbott had really accepted that AGW was real, or that he just has to say that now, because that is what the public expects a political leader to say, but deep down they know he still believes it is "ABSOLUTE CRAP", just like they do.

My guess would be that the majority of those who were there yesterday, would have been of the more extreme AGW denial mindset, and a very significant number would ascribe to one of the conspiracy theories, and would also believe that Abbott actually still agreed with them on those key points.

Extremists??

You decide.

Let them eat cake.

Well if Abbott had supported the mining tax we could have used that revenue to combat CC.
No burden on any struggling working families, but no the billionaires & the multi national companies bottom line came before Australians for Tony & his supporters, how about you chook were you in favour or one of the ones predicting complete economic collaspe as the miners & shareholders took their bat & ball home because instead of a 10 billion 1/2 year profit it may have been 8, no sense working for that piddly profit eh.(that's PROFIT not turnover)

That does not answer my question, did you support Australia's struggling families who you are now using to support your argument or did you blindly follow Tony and support multi billionaires continuing to profit handsomely?

It was because of the mining multi billionaires, that Howard was able to leave so much of a surplus behind ($20B) when he left which did support struggling families.
And further support them in the three income tax cuts working families received.
You know about the surplus, the one Rudd & Swan & Gillard wasted like a couple of fat kids in a lolly shop with a pocket full of change.
So we would like our multi billionaires to keep profiting handsomely whilst paying their taxes.
And we want their companies to grow and expand accordingly to support Australias struggling working families.
Because this country will need them once again to pay off Labors financial mismanagement.
Whats that saying from a past election some years ago.
Q. How does Labor start a small business.
A. Give them a large business first and just watch them. Grin Grin
That's as funny now as it was then.
And unfortunately so bloody true.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #107 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:18pm

chicken_lipsforme wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:05pm:

Extremists??

You decide.

Let them eat cake.

It was because of the mining multi billionaires, that Howard was able to leave so much of a surplus behind ($20B) when he left which did support struggling families.
And further support them in the three income tax cuts working families received.
You know about the surplus, the one Rudd & Swan & Gillard wasted like a couple of fat kids in a lolly shop with a pocket full of change.
So we would like our multi billionaires to keep profiting handsomely whilst paying their taxes.
And we want their companies to grow and expand accordingly to support Australias struggling working families.
Because this country will need them once again to pay off Labors financial mismanagement.

And there we go again.
Conviently forgetting the worlds biggest economic meltdown since the depression.
We also will ignore that those tax cuts given by Howard also fueled inflation which in turn caused interest rates to rise causing more money to go out of those struggling budgets than was returned by the cuts in the 1st place.
The rest is just bullsh!t
Business prospers under whatever government of the day.
Oh & your also forgetting that Swan is fixated on returning the budget to surplus by 2013 which also happens to be an election year, so you liberal mangers of debt will not be required.
P.S I'm not supporting Swan in his quest I'm one of the silly people who think our country could quite easily service a modest debt & even be better for it, but if he doesn't get that surplus I'm sure you'll be here to whine Wink

REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #108 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:40pm

Dsmithy70 wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:18pm:
chicken_lipsforme wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 2:05pm:

Extremists??

You decide.

Let them eat cake.

And there we go again.
Conviently forgetting the worlds biggest economic meltdown since the depression.
We also will ignore that those tax cuts given by Howard also fueled inflation which in turn caused interest rates to rise causing more money to go out of those struggling budgets than was returned by the cuts in the 1st place.
The rest is just bullsh!t
Business prospers under whatever government of the day.
Oh & your also forgetting that Swan is fixated on returning the budget to surplus by 2013 which also happens to be an election year, so you liberal mangers of debt will not be required.
P.S I'm not supporting Swan in his quest I'm one of the silly people who think our country could quite easily service a modest debt & even be better for it, but if he doesn't get that surplus I'm sure you'll be here to whine Wink

Like a rat up a drainpipe smithy.
And whining louder than ever.
And Swan may well be committed to a surplus by 2013, but like everything else with this mob, it will turn to custard.
Personally, I wouldn't trust Swan to balance the office petty cash tin let alone this countries budget.
The man has the ring of a dunderclumper around him.

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #109 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 3:04pm

Quote:
Like a rat up a drainpipe smithy.
And whining louder than ever.

Grin noice

Quote:
And Swan may well be committed to a surplus by 2013, but like everything else with this mob, it will turn to custard.

It would not surprise me

Quote:
Personally, I wouldn't trust Swan to balance the office petty cash tin let alone this countries budget.
The man has the ring of a dunderclumper around him.

Agreed

Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

stryder
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #110 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:05pm

Quote:
However as every government on Earth has agreed the science is correct and action is required I fail to see how they could all be so wrong....I do not think all these countries would be advocating such a drastic change in the world economy unless there was truth in it....why would they do this to there own economies if climate change was crap....I think it is more a case of seeking an advantage than accepting there is a problem.....The debate is being driven by self interest not the science???      

Lots of people dont completely trust politicians and governments a 100% on a wide range of issues, AND PHILPERTH ON THIS ISSUE ALONE WANTS TO SURRENDER LOGIC AND OBJECTIVITY AND BELIEVE IN THE GOVERNMENT A 100%

First and foremost, there is NO DEFINATIVE COMPLETE COLD HARD IRREFUTABLE PROOF THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS CAUSED BY HUMANS.

Oh we have legions of scientist who believe without a doubt and are politically motivated enough to service the green leftist side of politics with endless questionable data and conclusions.

I mean HOW CAN A TAX ON CARBON IS GOING TO ASTRONOMICALLY REVERSE THIS CLIMATE CHANGE THAT THEY BRAG ON ABOUT AROUND THE GLOBE. ???

HELL, THERE IS NO WAY TO EVEN MEASURE IF THIS CARBON TAX COULD HAVE ANY EFFECT REVERSING CLIMATE CHANGE AT ALL AND TOP OF THAT, COMPROMISING OUR HIGH SUCCESSFUL RESOURCES INDUSTRY WITH A CARBON TAX AND A MINING TAX IS SHEER LABOR STUPIDITY.

No wonder Labor got kicked as hard as they did last saturday.

And these laborites never listen and learn,  Grin
« Last Edit: Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:31pm by stryder »  

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #111 - Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:16pm

There is definitive proof that ancient humans created the concept of an omniscient and omnipotent doG - and yet today some of you seem convinced that the reverse is true...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #112 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 8:36am

stryder wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:05pm:
Quote:
However as every government on Earth has agreed the science is correct and action is required I fail to see how they could all be so wrong....I do not think all these countries would be advocating such a drastic change in the world economy unless there was truth in it....why would they do this to there own economies if climate change was crap....I think it is more a case of seeking an advantage than accepting there is a problem.....The debate is being driven by self interest not the science???      

Lots of people dont completely trust politicians and governments a 100% on a wide range of issues, AND PHILPERTH ON THIS ISSUE ALONE WANTS TO SURRENDER LOGIC AND OBJECTIVITY AND BELIEVE IN THE GOVERNMENT A 100%

First and foremost, there is NO DEFINATIVE COMPLETE COLD HARD IRREFUTABLE PROOF THAT CLIMATE CHANGE IS CAUSED BY HUMANS.

Oh we have legions of scientist who believe without a doubt and are politically motivated enough to service the green leftist side of politics with endless questionable data and conclusions.

I mean HOW CAN A TAX ON CARBON IS GOING TO ASTRONOMICALLY REVERSE THIS CLIMATE CHANGE THAT THEY BRAG ON ABOUT AROUND THE GLOBE. ???

HELL, THERE IS NO WAY TO EVEN MEASURE IF THIS CARBON TAX COULD HAVE ANY EFFECT REVERSING CLIMATE CHANGE AT ALL AND TOP OF THAT, COMPROMISING OUR HIGH SUCCESSFUL RESOURCES INDUSTRY WITH A CARBON TAX AND A MINING TAX IS SHEER LABOR STUPIDITY.

And these laborites never listen and learn,  Grin

Trust politicians?
There only in on the act because they can smell money.

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #113 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 3:06pm

STEVE CANNANE: But when I went back to Greg Hunt today, he said he defines 100 square kilometres as a hundred by a hundred, not 10 by 10.

source: http://www.abc.net.au/lateline/content/2011/s3179336.htm

WHAT THE?  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Embarrassed

STEVE CANNANE: But when I went back to Greg Hunt today, he said he defines 100 square kilometres as a hundred by a hundred, not 10 by 10.

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

BatteriesNotIncluded
Gold Member

MediocrityNET: because
people died for this!

Reply #114 - Apr 1st, 2011 at 3:09pm

stryder wrote on Mar 31st, 2011 at 7:05pm:
Quote:

And these laborites never listen and learn,  Grin

dON'T MARKETS MOTIVATE PEOPLE ASWELL ?!!?  Wink Wink Cheesy Grin Grin

*Sure....they're anti competitive as any subsidised job is.  It wouldn't be there without the tax payer.  Very damned difficult for a brainwashed collectivist to understand that I know....  (swaggy) *

IP Logged

Maqqa
Gold Member

14% - that low?!

Reply #115 - Apr 3rd, 2011 at 9:00am

and who is the latest to be demonised?

GARNAUT!

The same Garnaut who they depended on during the 2007 election.

Bill 14% is not the alcohol content of that wine. It's your poll number

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 
Send Topic Print