Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print
How do you get a troll off your case on this forum (Read 11398 times)
Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
How do you get a troll off your case on this forum
Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:07am

Mods .. I would love some feedback .. please?

I've tried telling the idiot in question to sod off for over a week now .. but she isnt getting the message.

I've tried IGNORING the idiot in question .. BUT that only exacerbated the issue .. coz she then started attacking me FOR ignoring her AND she saw fit to take her crap 1 step higher by including my husband in her personal attacks.

THEN she started on children .. which resulted in me telling her exactly what I thought of her low blows.

ANY ADVICE MODS?

An ignore button perhaps??

I'm out of ideas here ...

If I let myself be bought then I am no longer free.

HYPATIA - Greek philosopher, mathematician and astronomer (370 - 415)

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Re: How do you get a troll off your case on this forum
Reply #1 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:10am

Lisa,
As a mod you should have the power to get them banned.
Surely FD will listen to you?

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #2 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:13am

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1300015604/30#32

That topic provides some insight into my OP.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #3 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:15am

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1299853193

That topic's an interesting read .. again providing some insight into my OP.

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #4 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:21am

This will be interesting. If I'm banned - I've got a huge list of your abuse & stalking of new members that I'll submit to FD on his other board.

- Mantra

Also .. I don't appreciate being blackmailed or threatened FOR reporting the person in question.

ENOUGH!

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #5 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:26am

Nothing good can come of drawing extra attention to a communication breakdown between two posters - nor from inviting Mods and others to participate and/or take sides - but now that this has raised its ugly head, here's my 2c worth...

Firstly, just because people don't openly comment upon altercations, this should not be assumed to mean that people are not taking notice - nor that they are not forming negative opinions of the most vocal complainant/s...

Sorry, but what was that about complaining over a certain someone interrupting conversations on a public forum - surely that provides an indication of a one-sided perspective on a mutually dysfunctional cyber relationship!?

This is not my war - and there will definitely be no winners - so I intend that this will be the last post I make on this...

Hence, I would reiterate my recommendation of a public declaration of a truce - followed by an extended period of no direct or indirect interaction by either party...

Note: that truce would need to extend to no public references to interrruptions, or declarations drawing of attention to any snide or otherwise ambiguous comments, whatsoever.

Yer, I know, folks: too much wishful thinking!

Lips Sealed

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Annie Anthrax
Gold Member

Take the plan, spin it
sideways

Reply #6 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:26am

Mantra's been on this forum a lot longer than you. If I remember correctly, it's only been a couple of weeks since you were pretty much sycophantic where she was concerned.

Why is it that almost everyone here seems to have a problem with you? Maybe you should take some time to think about that.

I can't do this, but I'm doing it anyway.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:27am

You might have to ignore them and post around them because you will surely end up being banned if you respond in the way they want you to. I try to ignore but it's hard sometimes.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #8 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:30am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:27am:
You might have to ignore them and post around them because you will surely end up being banned if you respond in the way they want you to. I try to ignore but it's hard sometimes.

Pansi .. I've tried that .. she came back baiting and trolling and attacking worse than ever ( and escalating the abuse by including my husband and also tried to include children too).

It needs to be sorted out .. I've reported her crap to 3 Mods .. irrespective of the fact that she has NOW tried to blackmail/threaten me about it all.

Ya dig?

It's passive aggressive behaviour at its best. Why? Because this all started some weeks back when SHE entered a topic I was in discussing an issue with another poster .. and she saw fit to make gross generalisations about me which were inappropriate and totally unfounded.

And I told her that they were.

The result? NON stop BS ever since. And here we are ...

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #9 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:33am

Fine - I'm prepared to ignore Lisa totally if she stops making snide comments in completely irrelevant threads referring to me as a troll, moron, idiot, lowlife etc. and shrieking GGF & SOD off in nearly every post.

I notice she cops a lot worse from other posters - but the big difference is that they're male.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #10 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:36am

I know I said I would try not to...but...

Here's another hint: very few people feel compelled or entitled to make notifications to Mods - and the majority of the people who do so tend to make notifications in relation to extreme instances of socially-unacceptable behaviours towards 3rd parties and/or the severe demonisation and vilification of minority groups - rather than to repeatedly seek to involve the Mods in petty interpersonal squabbles...

Lips Sealed

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Lisa Jones
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #11 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:41am

FFS .. stop generalising again. What is it with you?

It's really freaking me out. Now I am pro male?? Is that what's at the core of all the BS I am copping?

Do you seriously think that if you were a MALE I'd take your BS?

GET SOME SERIOUS HELP .. and FAST. As I said before .. a ban isnt gonna help what you have .. but some medication will.

I don't wtf is wrong with you .. it's freaking me out.

And threatening me/blackmailing me?? It's gone beyond scary now.

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #12 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:41am

Equitist wrote on Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:36am:
Here's another hint: very few people feel entitled to make notifications to Mods - and most people do so in relation to extreme instances of socially-unacceptable behaviours towards 3rd parties and/or the severe demonisation and vilification of minority groups - rather than to seek to involve the Mods in petty interpersonal squabbles...

I agree. I have rarely bothered them over the years and prefer to deal with it here, but there are some who run to them continually because they can't handle anyone who disagrees with them.

Forums aren't easy places at times and perhaps my tolerance for Lisa isn't as high as it should be.

There are 4 people in as many years that I have complained to FD about. Lisa was being abusive to other members for a long time before I butted in.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #13 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:42am

"If you're going to San Francisco.....

Be sure to wear.... Some flowers in your hair...."

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #14 - Mar 14th, 2011 at 11:44am

PS  I wonder if FD has access to site stats on how many times individual posters have hit the 'nanny button' - cos I'd be curious to know how many people habitually and/or hypocritically cry wolf v's those who rarely or never feel inclined to involve Mods...

I cannot claim that I have never pressed said button on here - but I don't think that the number of times I have done so could be counted on more than one hand...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 10
Send Topic Print