Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Green jobs come at a price (Read 394 times)
salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Green jobs come at a price
Mar 1st, 2011 at 6:19pm

Quote:
The report’s key finding is that for every job created in the UK in renewable energy, 3.7 jobs are lost. In Scotland there is no net benefit from government support for the sector, and probably a small net loss of jobs.

http://www.versoeconomics.com/verso-0311B.pdf

Will there be enough people working to support those who will find themselves on the unemployed scrap heap? I don't think so.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

mavisdavis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Green jobs come at a price
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 7:12pm

What did you expect from the Greens?  Did you expect sensible, professionally considered policies?  Or dodgy, emotive spin designed to entrance the simple minded?

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 8:49am

funny I keep reading where our mini emperor keeps telling us that this will increase jobs... maybe its at centrelink to keep up with the crowds..lol..

I reckon we could end up with just soup kitchens.. money has no value now.. after Carbon Tax it will have even less.

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #3 - Mar 2nd, 2011 at 9:16am

In spain it was 2 real jobs lost for every artificial greeny selfthrasher put on a lurk

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print