Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
She Was Too Proud To Go On The Dole. (Read 4188 times)
Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: She Was Too Proud To Go On The Dole.
Reply #15 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 6:45pm

Public servants' sweet $300 health deal to spend on whatever they choose

FEDERAL public servants are being paid a $300-a-year "healthy lifestyle subsidy", but there's nothing to stop them spending the money on chocolate and beer.

Victorian Liberal senator Mitch Fifield said the payments, which cost taxpayers $1 million a year, should be subject to greater accountability.

Officials from the Department of Families, Housing, Community Services and Indigenous Affairs told a Senate committee they did not ask staff to prove the money was spent on healthy living.

"There would be nothing now stopping someone from using the $300 to buy deep-fried Mars bars?" asked Senator Fifield during the hearing.

"No," was the reply from department secretary Dr Jeff Harmer.

"While obviously we can't guarantee that they're not buying Mars bars, we don't want to employ the additional staff to make sure that they aren't."

Dr Harmer explained that many staff would use the subsidy for "gym membership and things like that".

Senator Fifield said the payment could "be easily rorted by bureaucrats".

"A payment to support good health is one thing, but there is no way to guarantee this money isn't spent down at the pub. Clearly, there is no accountability when it comes to this bonus," he said.

A department spokeswoman said later that employees were encouraged to have a healthy lifestyle because of the benefits this provided in terms of productivity and work attendance.

Public servants have received the payment for almost a decade but, until last year, were required to provide receipts.

They now receive an automatic payment to their bank account under efficiency changes made as part of their collective agreement with the union.

http://www.news.com.au/national/free-cash-fat-fight/story-e6frfkvr-1226012312095

................................................................................

A million could buy a few houses for the homeless.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #16 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 6:52pm

Pansi - this is quite common.

Our company gives you $500 for a healthy lifestyle.

You have to spend it first and then show the receipt to get it - it's not just dished out as cash.

For example I show my gym membership and they give me $500.

It's a good idea I think.
Companies should help people have healthy lifestyles.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 7:24pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 6:41pm:
I'm sure if she had to choose between a cleaning job and armed robbery, she would take the job. Sometimes there is no choice. Have you seen people standing on the highway with a sign saying "work wanted". That would be hard to do.

Sometimes no work means no work whatsoever.

How about public servants given $300 each for health initiatives, so they can join a gym or take yoga classes, no proof needed, sure they'll all do the right thing....it's seriously a weird world.

wrong for sure.

but the excuses....puhlllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease.for sicking a knife in someones face.

are you making excuse for the AFL as well pansi... shouldnt pick and choose after all.?????

we all handle stress differently after all.. so we can all use that as an excuse..I cant handle anymore taxes so I will go and stick a knife in someones face and get all kinds of sympathy....why they may even have a whip round for me to pay my ill gotten debts.

and no I havent seen people standing with signs no work..we have a bloody good welfare system in this country some say too good.. but its there..

her lawyer claims she was too proud... lol.. but not to proud to carry a knife and stick it in someones face and take their hard earned cash..

and where is all the sympathy plus excuses.. it never fails to amaze me..

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 26th, 2011 at 7:27pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 6:52pm:

You have to spend it first and then show the receipt to get it - it's not just dished out as cash.

couldnt some shonkie operators work a deal on that though we have had the show a receipt for a night spent in a hotel.. when they never did.. it happens.. what ever happend to people being responsible for their own wellbeing..now all that is passed on to consumers of your product andrei which in turn is passed on again..will it ever stop?

IP Logged

mavisdavis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 7:57am

cods wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 7:27pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 6:52pm:

couldnt some shonkie operators work a deal on that though we have had the show a receipt for a night spent in a hotel.. when they never did.. it happens.. what ever happend to people being responsible for their own wellbeing..now all that is passed on to consumers of your product andrei which in turn is passed on again..will it ever stop?

Will your fantasising ever stop?

IP Logged

djrbfm

OzPolitic

Reply #20 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 12:45pm

CENTRELINK?
c&ntz.
j.

IP Logged

laborfornever

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:46pm

This case confirms what I have written many times in the past.

There will come a time when so many jobs have left our shores when ppl have no money no where to live that after a short period of time they turn to crime.

ppl will be robbed bashed murdered etc for small amount sof food and money.

I ask you, if you had not eaten for 5 days had no home lived in your unregistered car and found your self in a situation where a lone member of the public was walking by who clearly had something you wanted what would you do???

You only have to look at what happens when society breaks down like in new Orleans??

The day of us being like Sth Africa is not far away????????

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #22 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:55pm

I don't think it's 'Pride'.....

The title should be "She Was Too STUPID To Go On The Dole"....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 5:59pm

laborfornever wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:46pm:
This case confirms what I have written many times in the past.

There will come a time when so many jobs have left our shores when ppl have no money no where to live that after a short period of time they turn to crime.

ppl will be robbed bashed murdered etc for small amount sof food and money.

I ask you, if you had not eaten for 5 days had no home lived in your unregistered car and found your self in a situation where a lone member of the public was walking by who clearly had something you wanted what would you do???

You only have to look at what happens when society breaks down like in new Orleans??

The day of us being like Sth Africa is not far away????????

We can't continue the way we are going with wage increases every other week. We will either have the smallest best paid work force in history, or we will have everyone working for $3 an hour.

Or we could have a blend of agriculture, industrialisation and innovative technology/knowledge and go ahead like Japan and South Korea.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Feb 27th, 2011 at 6:18pm

gizmo_2655 wrote on Feb 27th, 2011 at 3:55pm:
I don't think it's 'Pride'.....

The title should be "She Was Too STUPID To Go On The Dole"....

to be honest gizmo I dont believ either she wanted over $3000 she wouldnt get that from centrelink in a hurry... for a lawyer to get paid out of the public purse to say this kind of crap really bugs me.. give her the fright of her life. make her face the people she did this too and explain to them how important it was that she may have taken their lives. for a few measly dollars...

should m ake them feel a whole lot better.. as our court system doesnt

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print