Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Gays To Blame For God's Anger (Read 2762 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Gays To Blame For God's Anger
Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:14pm

http://www.christchurchquake.net/html/theWarning.html

/\
l
l

'Despicable': website blames Christchurch quake on gay community

A website that claims Christchurch's devastating earthquake was an act of God triggered by the tolerance of homosexual behaviour in the city has been denounced as ''despicable and appalling'' by New Zealand's gay and lesbian community.

The website ''Christchurch Quake'' - registered on September 20 to an address in Utah in the USA - suggests the destruction was a result of ''lesbians running loose on the South Island as if they own the place'' and general ''amoral'' behaviour.

Among other inflammatory accusations, the website alleges that the earlier September earthquake, which coincided with the start of Gay Ski Week in Queenstown, was a warning from God to ''End the Evil - or else!''.

The website claims the September earthquake warning had not been heeded, leading to Tuesday’s 6.3-magnitude earthquake, which has killed at least 76 people, with reports of up to 300 still missing.

It also suggests other natural disasters in New Zealand, including the Pike River mine disaster which killed 29 men in November, was triggered by the country’s relaxed attitudes.

Jay Bennie, who runs the Auckland-based gay and lesbian website GayNz.com, said the people of Christchurch were already under enough stress without reading such outrageous comments.

‘I think it’s despicable, I think it’s appallingly insensitive, not only to gays and lesbians but to the suggestion that the people of Christchurch, by embracing gays and lesbians to certain degrees in their society, have brought this upon themselves. How cruel,’’ he said.

‘‘I’m originally from Christchurch, I’ve got family and friends down there. They’re all okay, but I know the stress they’re going through. They don’t need people like this trying to heap moral judgments and their own personal neuroses onto them and the others who are suffering in Christchurch.’’

Mr Bennie said he believed religious conservatives were responsible for the website, which says Christchurch was founded by a group of devout Anglicans who built for a purpose a cathedral at its centre.

‘‘They wanted to build a city where God was at the centre of their lives, physically and spiritually. Even the name of the city reflects their intention,’’ it says.

Mr Bennie said many religious conservatives lived in the American mid-west, and felt threatened by changing social attitudes.

‘‘The sort of people who do this, my understanding is that they have a tendency to see the world as a very unsafe place for them and their families because of changing social trends,’’ he said.

‘‘This feeds into their sense of doom, the-end-of-the-world-is-nigh kind of possibility, and that gays and lesbians are seen as a particular threat to the family.

‘‘It’s very strong in the American mid-west, as a lot of these conservative, evangelical, Pentecostal kind of religious elements are there, and that that flavour spreads around the world and then pops up in places like New Zealand and Australia and anywhere that there is a disaster that they in their minds can somehow connect.’’

http://www.theage.com.au/technology/technology-news/despicable-website-blames-ch...

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Gays To Blame For God's Anger
Reply #1 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:24pm

I wouldnt even dignify these idiots existence by repeating what they have to say.

Im actually thinking about printing this idiots article on soft paper and using it to wipe my ass with it.

These people are no more representative of christians as suicide bombers are of muslims.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

mavisdavis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:25pm

Verge wrote on Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:24pm:
I wouldnt even dignify these idiots existence by repeating what they have to say.

Im actually thinking about printing this idiots article on soft paper and using it to wipe my ass with it.

These people are no more representative of christians as suicide bombers are of muslims.

Woody thinks they`re all the same. Cheesy

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #3 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:30pm

mavisdavis wrote on Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:25pm:

I would ask for my money back from that mind reading course if I where you.

IP Logged

mavisdavis
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:33pm

____ wrote on Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:30pm:
mavisdavis wrote on Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:25pm:

I would ask for my money back from that mind reading course if I where you.

The print was too small, and hard to read.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #5 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:49pm

Surely, doG is angrier with all the paedo priests/clergy being harboured within 'the Church' - you know the ones who've vainly committed sex crimes against innocent children in doG's name!?

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Life_goes_on
Gold Member

400kms south of Yobsville, Qld
Reply #6 - Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:57pm

Geez, just type "God" for f-ck sake.

You won't explode if you type "God".

Typing that "doG" sh!t just makes me believe that you actually believe in that sky spook nonsense.

"You're just one lucky motherf-cker" - Someone, 5th February 2013

Num num num num.

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:12pm

For once global warming and climate change isn't being blamed and for that those issues will get the week off. However, I think that Bob Brown will raise the issue of global warming somehow being behind the recent unrest in the middle east.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #8 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:16pm

Can you prove that it WASN'T gods punishment for tolerance of homos?

It might sound abusrd, but then, so did the idea that the earth was round.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #9 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:19pm

I wonder how much truth there is in the claims that pumping out too much of the hydraulic oil, that moderates and buffers the shifting of the earth's crust, will contribute to more frequent and severe earth quakes....

Perhaps it is not the angry sky doGs we need to worry about but the belly-aches of wounded mother Gaia!?

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #10 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:21pm

Life_goes_on wrote on Feb 24th, 2011 at 8:57pm:
Geez, just type "God" for f-ck sake.

You won't explode if you type "God".

Typing that "doG" sh!t just makes me believe that you actually believe in that sky spook nonsense.

Hint: doG/Godmatic/doGmatic

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #11 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:22pm

salad in wrote on Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:12pm:
For once global warming and climate change isn't being blamed and for that those issues will get the week off. However, I think that Bob Brown will raise the issue of global warming somehow being behind the recent unrest in the middle east.

I'm suprise too, he did manage to blame the rain in QLD on global warming totally ignoring thet pesky la nina thing.  Grin

Give the clown a couple more days to formulate an irrational response connecting every event natural and man made to global warming.

Interviewer, So how's your day been goin' Bob?

Bob Brown, Bloody terrible of course, global warming cause me to get a toothache; labor should tax mining companies to pay my dental bill.

Interviewer: eeerrrmmm Ok Bob, thanks for your time, back to you in the studio.

Grin

IP Logged

aikmann4
Gold Member

canberra
Reply #12 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:23pm

he's right equitist - doG is retarded. it is dumb.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #13 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:39pm

I notice it's been shut down ...

www.christchurchquake.net/

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #14 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:41pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Feb 25th, 2011 at 12:39pm:
I notice it's been shut down ...

www.christchurchquake.net/

Those hommers have no tolerance for free speech, freedom of expression or freedom of religion.

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print