Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Ed Harrylatest retail victim (Read 2684 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Ed Harrylatest retail victim
Reply #30 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 10:56am

Quote:
< that could be so veg but at the end of the day when clothing was a big industry in this country no one would pay the price... so dont blame the shops that not really fair..>

That is true cods. The underlying point I was making re; the rents never seem to go down  when retail themselves  are suffering. Why should one lot make losses but not others that basicaslly need them to survive. It is a domino effect. All parties must take the losses to survive this issue , one would think.

of course veg and its like public holidays.. the rent collection doesnt take a holiday either.. so for every public holiday a business doesnt do business. he still pays out the same rent and electricity and insurance. and workers comp..and wages of course.. and as crook says  the business is also expected to pay leave loading for peoples holidays, so they earn more not to work.. its becoming a disease in this country I fear..

where the hell is our pride and doing our bit for this country.. dont tell me its only on the footy field...we won... we won... I didnt actually do anything.. but we won...I am so proud.

I dont get any pleasure at all seeing a company go out of business.

I dont care if they are the $1 dollar shop.. the all do their bit to keep this show going.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #31 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 10:57am

cods wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:31pm:
it probably cost about the same as the money this mob have sent down the drain in 3 years..as our soldiers would be paid no matter where they are..btw most that I know cant wait to go back there..I know someone who has not long come back from 4 months in Iraq and is now off to Afghanistan for 4 months... you can quiver in your shoes and whinge and whinge.. but not all our fighting men are like you and want to hide behind rocks.

have you been to Iraq lately for a holiday and enjoyed the new found freedom and democracy ?? Wink LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 11:03am

Quote:
< that could be so veg but at the end of the day when clothing was a big industry in this country no one would pay the price... so dont blame the shops that not really fair..>

That is true cods. The underlying point I was making re; the rents never seem to go down  when retail themselves  are suffering. Why should one lot make losses but not others that basicaslly need them to survive. It is a domino effect. All parties must take the losses to survive this issue , one would think.

that's because shopping centers are a front for greedy landlords. what is being sold in the shop is irrelevant because more than likely it is being made for next to nothing in some chinese sweatshop. But why should the consumer be supporting greedy landlords in the exorbitant price of the goods ?? The answer is they shouldn't be because it is totally ridiculous !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 11:03am

cods wrote on Feb 26th, 2011 at 10:31pm:
it probably cost about the same as the money this mob have sent down the drain in 3 years..as our soldiers would be paid no matter where they are..btw most that I know cant wait to go back there..I know someone who has not long come back from 4 months in Iraq and is now off to Afghanistan for 4 months... you can quiver in your shoes and whinge and whinge.. but not all our fighting men are like you and want to hide behind rocks.

have you been to Iraq lately for a holiday and enjoyed the new found freedom and democracy ?? Can't wait to get back there eh Wink LOL

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print