Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print
All Terrorists are Muslims… (Read 29867 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: All Terrorists are Muslims…
Reply #45 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 9:48pm

Abu can redefine his way out of any argument. Who'd have thought that Muslims terrorists were upset about something and didn't just wake up one day and decide to slaughter people?

Abu, explain to us how Spain is an occupied Muslim territory....

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Jibreel

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 10:00pm

abu_rashid wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 9:40pm:
No it's not more accurate, since the study was about America, not the world. You, and the bogus refutation article you linked to, are trying to change the parameters of the initial report.

The article shows that they misrepresent sources when dealing with terrorism in the US.

And we all know deep down that the hyper-inflated figures for Muslims worldwide are referring to resistance movements in occupied countries, fighting invaders and their collaborationist puppets. They are more to do with defending national sovereignity than they are to do with Islam.

That's another seperate issue. The fact is the report that Danios uses sees no problem with citing them as a reliable source. And they class them as "ethnic and religiously-motivated global terror acts"

Quote:
1,065 Palestinian acts of terror are listed, and 2,326 incidents from India (most revolving around the disputed Kashmir territories). We can safely add the Palestinian acts to the Muslim list.

Again more cases of people being invaded and occupied, just resisting their occupiers, calling that terrorism is just criminal on your part.

Even discounting the political terrorism, the figures are massive.

Quote:
From January 1st 2000 through August 31st 2010, the breakdown of ethnic and religiously-motivated global terror acts is:

Islamic: 16,177

Hindu: 18

Jewish: 52

Christian extremist: 288

Neo-Nazi/white supremacist: 5

Tribal/clan/ethnic: 542

Other: 7

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #47 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 11:36pm

Quote:
The article shows that they misrepresent sources when dealing with terrorism in the US.

The article shows that some people don't know the difference between attacks in the U.S and attacks in the entire world, that's about all it shows.

Quote:
That's another seperate issue.

Right... as are the supposed statistics on worldwide terrorist acts (ie. the entire basis of the beef with the original article).

Quote:
Even discounting the political terrorism, the figures are massive.

The figures are massive[ly distorted], agreed. For instance it's claimed there's well over 1000 "terrorist attacks" by Palestinians, yet only 52 by Jews. Clearly Jews bombing civilians into tiny little particles is not terrorism, whilst Palestinians resisting occupation of their homes is. Ditto for Kashmir, Iraq, Afghanistan, and all the other places these figures are fabricated from.

So American Christians bombing the living daylights out of innocent Muslim civilians is not on the list, but the families of those Muslims then responding to those brutal unhuman attacks is... And you wonder why such tripe would be disputed?

Come on Jibreel, be a little more honest with yourself.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #48 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 11:44pm

Quote:
Abu can redefine his way out of any argument.

The original article says nothing at all about worldwide terrorist attacks, only about U.S attacks. How am I the one redefining anything?

You obviously don't even have the slightest idea what the thread is about fd.

Quote:

fd, explain to us how secular democrats believe that incest is an enjoyable past time.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #49 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 9:04am

freediver wrote on Apr 14th, 2011 at 9:48pm:
Abu can redefine his way out of any argument. Who'd have thought that Muslims terrorists were upset about something and didn't just wake up one day and decide to slaughter people?

Australia, is an occupied moslem territory.

According to some moslems.

Some moslems claim that moslems were in Australia before European settlement.

Not related to that claim [above], but an 'interesting' headline....
n.b. the moslem 'victimhood' expressed, implied, in Dr Ameer Ali statements....

Quote:

Australia a Muslim nation
October 08, 2006
AUSTRALIA is a Muslim nation, the head of Prime Minister John Howard's Muslim advisory board says.
Dr Ameer Ali says most Australians practise Muslim values but the Muslim community is being alienated and disadvantaged by Islamophobia.
Dr Ali said multiculturalism was Australia's destiny but Muslims, as latecomers, were being disadvantaged.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20545617-1702,00.html <--- original link is now dead

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2006/10/ameer-ali-australia-is-a-muslim-nation.html

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 10:39am

Yadda wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 9:04am:

This is true, effende. Macassan traders from Indonesia were here before the Dutch. Records go back to the 17th century, but they were here earlier.

I'm not sure if islam was propagated in Australia. The Macassans were here to buy dried sea slugs - delicious!

IP Logged

Foolosophy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #51 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 10:58am

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 10:39am:

This is true, effende. Macassan traders from Indonesia were here before the Dutch. Records go back to the 17th century, but they were here earlier.

I'm not sure if islam was propagated in Australia. The Macassans were here to buy dried sea slugs - delicious!

With a nice chilled Chardonay

IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #52 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:53am

Not related to that claim [above], but an 'interesting' headline....

Quote:

Australia a Muslim nation
October 08, 2006
AUSTRALIA is a Muslim nation, the head of Prime Minister John Howard's Muslim advisory board says.
Dr Ameer Ali says most Australians practise Muslim values but the Muslim community is being alienated and disadvantaged by Islamophobia.
Dr Ali said multiculturalism was Australia's destiny but Muslims, as latecomers, were being disadvantaged.

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,20545617-1702,00.html <--- original link is now dead

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2006/10/ameer-ali-australia-is-a-muslim-nation.html

Most Australian practise muslim values?  Well I can't recall the last time I cut someones head off on live TV or raped a nine year old girl I claimed was my wife.  Roll Eyes

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:24pm

[/quote]

Ridiculous. How can Dr Ali possibly say we're Islamophobic?

Give me one example where anyone here has said anything bad about Islam. One.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #54 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:46pm

Belgarion wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 11:53am:

Most Australian practise muslim values?
  Well I can't recall the last time I cut someones head off on live TV or raped a nine year old girl I claimed was my wife.  Roll Eyes

This is just another example of the duplicitous nature of all moslem communication.

#1,
A 'don't frighten the horses' message, is always conveyed to the broader non-moslem community;

"Don't worry. We are just like you. Most Australians practise muslim values."

#2,
But an entirely different message is conveyed when speaking to the moslem community;

Quote:

"[a respected moslem community spokesman has] called on Australian Muslims to spurn secular democracy and Western notions of moderate Islam...
...[moslems in Australia were told] that democracy is "haram" (forbidden) for Muslims, whose political engagement should be be based purely on Islamic law.
"We must adhere to Islam and Islam alone," Mr Hanif [said]"

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2010/07/australia-members-of-hizb-ut-tahrir-say-countr...

+++

To all good moslems the contents of the Koran are regarded as the direct words of Allah, and its contents should direct the daily lives and actions of all good moslems.

The Koran instructs believers to follow the instruction and guidance of their clerics, implicitly,
AND,
the Koran instructs believers to NOT enquire for themselves, about truth, and about the source of ISLAM's moral authority.
For a moslem, faith is entirely dependent upon, obedience to Allah, and to the clerics.

Quote:

"We sent not a messenger, but to be obeyed..........they can have no (real) Faith, until they make thee judge in all disputes between them, and find in their souls no resistance against Thy decisions, but accept them with the fullest conviction."

Koran 4.064, 65

Allah's commandment to all moslems
'NEVER THINK FOR YOURSELF, NEVER QUESTION ISLAM's AUTHORITY'

"O ye who believe! Ask not questions about things which, if made plain to you, may cause you trouble.....
Some people before you did ask such questions, and on that account lost their faith."
Koran 5.101, 102

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #55 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 1:31pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 12:24pm:

Ridiculous. How can Dr Ali possibly say we're Islamophobic?

Give me one example where anyone here has said anything bad about Islam. One.

Islamophobia condemned....

Quote:

Islamophobia

Exposing the Islamophobes

“Nothing in our faith says it’s OK to kill anyone.”
(Ahmed Bedier of the Council on American-Islamic Relations)

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/Pages/Islamophobia.htm

....and explained.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #56 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 4:05pm

Quote:
The figures are massive[ly distorted], agreed. For instance it's claimed there's well over 1000 "terrorist attacks" by Palestinians, yet only 52 by Jews. Clearly Jews bombing civilians into tiny little particles is not terrorism, whilst Palestinians resisting occupation of their homes is.

By it's very definition, the actions of a government military force, committed on civilians of another country can not be 'terrorism'....
The actions of NON Government militia groups or individuals can be terrorism....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Apr 15th, 2011 at 4:22pm

Yadda, you fit every DSMIV criteria for Islamophobia, including:

1. Distorted affect - feelings of being persecuted or unnecessarily targeted by Muslims
2. Obsessive thinking - an inability to focus on other areas or subjects not relating to Muslims
3. Absolutist thinking - a belief that Muslims can only act a certain way and a perception that this is inherent to their nature  
4. Catestrophic thinking - sees the worst in all situations involving Muslims and/or a belief a that Muslims are behind all disasters or setbacks
5. Delusions of grandiosity and/or persecution - a belief that Muslims are inherently inferior and/or a belief that the subject is continually being persecuted by Muslims
6. Unrealistic perception of others - a belief that all opponents are Muslim or agents of Islam
7. Self justification of pathology - a belief that Islamophobia is normal/natural and that all people should hate Muslims

Note the last point - that Islamophobia is perceived to be a normal state of mind. This self justification protects the ego from coming to terms with the subject's unbalanced state.

The DSMIV recommends Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and states that SSRI anti-depressive medication has proved clinically beneficial in 13% of cases, but only when used in conjuction with psychotherapy.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #58 - Apr 16th, 2011 at 12:39pm

Quote:
By it's very definition

Which definition?

Let me guess, the one concocted by a state that routinely strikes fear & terror into the hearts of civilians by bombing them into oblivion? How convenient... Now they wouldn't have any agenda in fabricating a definition that puts them beyond the pale of being defined as terrorists would they?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #59 - Apr 17th, 2011 at 8:16am

Mattyfisk wrote on Apr 15th, 2011 at 4:22pm:

Yadda, you fit every DSMIV criteria for Islamophobia, including:

1. Distorted affect - feelings of being persecuted or unnecessarily targeted by Muslims.....[yadda, yadda, yadda, yadda]

Dictionary;
phobia = = an extreme or irrational fear of something.

Dictionary;
irrational = = not logical, not reasonable.

Moselms - The victims of 'Islamophobia' EXAMPLE #1,

Moselms - The victims of 'Islamophobia' EXAMPLE #2,

Moselms - Victims of 'Islamophobia', exacting revenge upon a wicked 'Islam-o-phobe'

Nick Berg, a bound and helpless captive, moments before he was murdered, by those claiming to be moslem 'holy warriors'.

Dictionary;
warrior = = a brave or experienced soldier or fighter.

+++

The world Karnal lives in....

THERE IS NO JUSTIFICATION FOR SUSPECTING THAT MOSLEMS WANT TO, INTEND TO, HARM NON-MOSLEMS

To all good moslems the contents of the Koran are regarded as the direct words of Allah, and its contents should direct the daily lives and actions of all good moslems.

The Koran is the source and the justification, for moslem hatred of the the wicked 'Islamophobes'...

"....Lo! Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith."
Koran 2.98

"....those who reject Allah have no protector."
Koran 47.008
v. 8-11

"...And why should ye not fight in the cause of Allah...Those who believe fight in the cause of Allah, and those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil: So fight ye against the friends of Satan:.."
Koran 4.74-76

+++

Karnal,

You claim that i am an 'Islamophobe'.

And that good moslems, are the victims of 'Islamophobia' [an irrational fear of moslems / ISLAM] ???

Karnal,

Who's worldview is not based in reality ???

My worldview, according to you ???

Who's worldview is based on the hatred of objective truth ???

My worldview, according to you ???

I'm happy to let those who view our respective posts, judge who's worldview better reflects what is true,
...regarding 'Islamophobia'.

Yadda said...
Quote:

My opinion, is that, the [false] opinions we hold, and the [false] opinions we broadcast, reveal much about ourselves, and about the 'worth' of our own 'worldview'.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Send Topic Print