Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print
All Terrorists are Muslims… (Read 29865 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

All Terrorists are Muslims…
Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:05am

All Terrorists are Muslims…Except the 94% that Aren’t

Posted on 20 January 2010 by Danios

CNN recently published an article entitled Study: Threat of Muslim-American terrorism in U.S. exaggerated; according to a study released by Duke University and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, “the terrorist threat posed by radicalized Muslim-Americans has been exaggerated.”

Yet, Americans continue to live in mortal fear of radical Islam, a fear propagated and inflamed by right wing Islamophobes.  If one follows the cable news networks, it seems as if all terrorists are Muslims.  It has even become axiomatic in some circles to chant: “Not all Muslims are terrorists, but nearly all terrorists are Muslims.” Muslims and their “leftist dhimmi allies” respond feebly, mentioning Waco as the one counter example, unwittingly affirming the belief that “nearly all terrorists are Muslims.”

But perception is not reality.  The data simply does not support such a hasty conclusion.  On the FBI’s official website, there exists a chronological list of all terrorist attacks committed on U.S. soil from the year 1980 all the way to 2005.  That list can be accessed here (scroll down all the way to the bottom).

http://bit.ly/9tKmIp
Terrorist Attacks on U.S. Soil by Group, From 1980 to 2005, According to FBI Database

According to this data, there were more Jewish acts of terrorism within the United States than Islamic (7% vs 6%).  These radical Jews committed acts of terrorism in the name of their religion.  These were not terrorists who happened to be Jews; rather, they were extremist Jews who committed acts of terrorism based on their religious passions, just like Al-Qaeda and company.

Yet notice the disparity in media coverage between the two.  It would indeed be very interesting to construct a corresponding pie chart that depicted the level of media coverage of each group.  The reason that Muslim apologists and their “leftist dhimmi allies” cannot recall another non-Islamic act of terrorism other than Waco is due to the fact that the media gives menial (if any) coverage to such events.  If a terrorist attack does not fit the “Islam is the perennial and existential threat of our times” narrative, it is simply not paid much attention to, which in a circuitous manner reinforces and “proves” the preconceived narrative.  It is to such an extent that the average American cannot remember any Jewish or Latino terrorist; why should he when he has never even heard of the Jewish Defense League or the Ejercito Popular Boricua Macheteros?  Surely what he does not know does not exist!

The Islamophobes claim that Islam is intrinsically a terrorist religion.  The proof?  Well, just about every terrorist attack is Islamic, they retort.  Unfortunately for them, that’s not quite true.  More like six percent.  Using their defunct logic, these right wingers ought now to conclude that nearly all acts of terrorism are committed by Latinos (or Jews).  Let them dare say it…they couldn’t; it would be political and social suicide to say such a thing. Most Americans would shut down such talk as bigoted; yet, similar statements continue to be said of Islam, without any repercussions.

The Islamophobes live in a fantasy world where everyone is supposedly too “politically correct” to criticize Islam and Muslims.  Yet, the reality is the exact opposite: you can get away with saying anything against the crescent.  Can you imagine the reaction if I said that Latinos should be profiled because after all they are the ones who commit the most terrorism in the country?  (For the record: I don’t believe in such profiling, because I am–unlike the right wing nutters–a believer in American ideals.)

The moral of the story is that Americans ought to calm down when it comes to Islamic terrorism.  Right wingers always live in mortal fear–or rather, they try to make you feel that way.  In fact, Pamela Geller (the queen of internet Islamophobia) literally said her mission was to “scare the bejeezus outta ya.” Don’t be fooled, and don’t be a wuss.  You don’t live in constant fear of radicalized Latinos (unless you’re Lou Dobbs), even though they commit seven times more acts of terrorism than Muslims in America.  Why then are you wetting yourself over Islamic radicals?  In the words of Cenk Uygur: you’re at a ten when you need to be at a four.  Nobody is saying that Islamic terrorism is not a matter of concern, but it’s grossly exaggerated.

Related Posts:

Europol report: All terrorists are Muslims…Except the 99.6% that aren’t

RAND report: Threat of homegrown jihadism exaggerated, Zero U.S. civilians killed since 9/11

Update:

A reader by the name of Dima added:

Quote:
The FBI Terrorism Report shows…[that] the highest number of terrorist incidents in the U.S. by region (90) took place in Puerto Rico.

Second Update:

An Islamophobe commented on this article, saying that the statistics are flawed because the FBI included small acts such as “stealing rats from a lab” as an act of terrorism.  Of course, this is patently false.  Here is a breakdown of the terrorist attacks by type (the pie chart is from the FBI’s official website and can be accessed here):

http://bit.ly/eT8w0R
Terrorism by Event, From 1980 to 2005, According to FBI Database

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Re: All Terrorists are Muslims…
Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:45am

This just demonstrates that the precautions and travel restrictions that the US has in place is working.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:56am

abo terrorism boomerang in the world trade centre

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 8:19am

Quote:
[An Islamophobe commented on this article, saying that the statistics are flawed because the FBI included small acts such as “stealing rats from a lab” as an act of terrorism.  Of course, this is patently false.

I'd have to go along with the "Islamophobe".....Arson and robbery are almost always crimes committed for PROFIT, and while they may induce fear in the victims, that's hardly terrorism...

The same goes for assaults and shootings....

The FBI has relaxed the definition of Terrorism to the point where it's meaningless on these charts....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 8:41am

An important question;

HOW DO MOSLEMS DEFINE 'TERRORISM' ???

+++

The truth about ISLAM, from the lips of good moslems;

Cleric preaches that violence is part of Islam
01/05/2007
In documents seen by The Daily Telegraph, al-Muhajiroun claimed: "Terrorism is a part of Islam" and "Allah made it obligatory to prepare and to terrify the enemy of Allah".
The article advised: "The kuffar of USA and UK are without doubt our enemy. There is no such thing as an innocent kafir, innocence is only applicable for the Muslims. Not only is it obligatory to fight them, it is haram [forbidden] to feel sorry for them."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1550211/Cleric-preaches-that-violence-is-...

Such a doctrine is supported by many, many Koran and Hadith verses.

THE SOPHISTRY

Good moslems have declared to non-moslems, that they condemn 'terrorism'.

But moslems do not reveal that ISLAMISTS define non-moslems as the terrorists! - Truly!

Because ISLAMISTS have defined 'terrorism' as; Resisting Allah's will!! - Truly!

When non-moslems try to resist the ISLAMISATION of their society, or try to prevent ISLAMIST violence, good moslems present such actions to the moslems community, and other moslems, as 'oppression' and 'violence' against moslems by non-moslems!

Hence such action is non-moslem terrorism - in the eyes of good moslems.

more on this moslem SOPHISTRY here...

"Sharia Australia"
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1295543010/13#13

Bashir calls bombers 'counter-terrorists'
June 26, 2007
HARDLINE Islamic cleric Abu Bakar Bashir said today that extremists blamed for Indonesian bombings were role models for other Muslims and feted them as "counter-terrorists."
"There are no terrorists in Indonesia. What there are, are counter-terrorists," Bashir said.
......But he called on Indonesian Muslims to refrain from accusing people of terrorism, saying it would be tantamount to assisting the US.
Bashir spoke at a press conference to announce plans, together with 13 lawyers from the "Team for the Defence of Muslims," to file a suit demanding that Indonesia's counter-terrorism police unit be disbanded.
Lawyer Munarman alleged that the counter-terrorism squad was financed opaquely by the US, sought to make war against Islam and used torture to secure admissions from suspects.
He also said that the squad was discriminatory as it only acted against Muslims, adding the team planned to file the suit on tomorrow at the South Jakarta district court.
Bashir has redoubled his efforts to get Sharia law enforced in Indonesia, the world's most populous Muslim nation, since his release from prison.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,21973518-23109,00.html

All non-moslems should be told, and should come to understand and know, that moslems and non-moslems define certain common words very, very differently.

To a moslem words like these, mean...

Peace = = Submission to Allah is the only peace recognized in Islam.

Righteousness = = Is following the Way of Allah. A moslem can be a killer and murder of non-moslems and yet be regarded by all good moslems as a righteous person.

Good works = = To be good for a moslem is to submit to Allah's will and then follow the 'right' path established by the examples set by the Prophet. [Murdering critics and murdering other assorted 'enemies', pirating against peaceful non-moslem communities, paedophilia, raping women captives which were secured in raiding parties, etc. ALL THESE ACTIONS BY MOHAMMED ARE CATALOGUED AND RECORDED IN THE HADITH.]

Source for how moslems define the meaning of words differently,

Google,
Islam 101: A Lexicon for Dummies

July 28, 2006
Islamic Dictionary for Infidels
"...the quest of converting the entire world to Islam is an immutable fixture of the Muslim worldview. Only if this task is accomplished, if the world has become a "Dar al-Islam," will it also be a "Dar a-Salam," or a house of peace." "

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2006/07/islamic-dictionary-for-infidels.html

Moslem communities [within host countries] will always insist that they want to see peace cover the whole earth.

But those moslems, do not reveal that all moslems define 'peace', as submission to Allah's will.
i.e.
'Peace' = = mankind's SLAVERY, under ISLAMIST political rule.

And, all good moslems will openly condemn terrorism.

But good moslems deceitfully NEVER, EVER, reveal to non-moslems how good moslems define terrorism.
i.e.
Those who resist Allah's will, and resist the violent spread of ISLAM, are the terrorists!!  - in the eyes of good moslems.

ISLAM = deceit.

No ISLAM...Know Peace.
Know ISLAM...Throw up.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 8:54am

JC Denton wrote on Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:56am:
abo terrorism boomerang in the world trade centre

What are you talking about? You blokes were worse than the Irish.

That Pemulway with the bulletproof shirt, Charles Perkins making whites share their swimming pools with your lot, Eddie Mabo taking over everyone's backyards.

You should be ashamed.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Feb 18th, 2011 at 7:29pm

Quote:
saying that the statistics are flawed because the FBI included small acts such as “stealing rats from a lab” as an act of terrorism

So how do they compare on body count?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Beertruk

Reply #7 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 6:25pm

But the majority of terrorist attacks are carried out by muzlims.

Unlike Christianity, which preached a peace that it never achieved, Islam unashamedly came with a sword.&&- Stephen Runciman

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #8 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 8:35pm

Abu, this is a logical fallacy. Just because all Muslims are terrorists does not mean all terrorists are Muslims.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #9 - Feb 21st, 2011 at 11:40pm

Quote:

Your illiteracy is no excuse for your stupidity.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #10 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 8:34am

freediver wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 8:35pm:
Abu, this is a logical fallacy. Just because all Muslims are terrorists does not mean all terrorists are Muslims.

Hey FD!

I think that we should give Abu this one.
/sarc off

i.e.
In the title of this thread, Abu is almost correct.

All good moslems, every single one of them, must embrace terrorism, as 'the way of Allah'.

And if moslems do not embrace terrorism [terrorising 'disbelievers' for Allah], then they are not real moslems.

THAT logic [that all GOOD moslems are terrorists], is confirmed by ISLAM itself, and by ISLAM's own foundation texts.

e.g.
"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."
Koran 9.29

"If anyone desires a religion other than Islam (submission to Allah), never will it be accepted of him;...."
Koran 3.85

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

"O Prophet! strive [fight] hard against the unbelievers and the Hypocrites, and be firm against them. Their abode is Hell...."
Koran 9.73

"Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves....."
Koran 48.29

"Allah hath purchased of the believers their persons and their goods;...they fight in His cause, and slay and are slain:...."
Koran 9.111

The Hadith...
"Allah 's Apostle said, " I have been ordered to fight with the people till they say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah,' ...."
hadith/bukhari #004.052.196

From the Hadith, Mohammed himself confirms that terrorising the enemies of Allah, is the way of ISLAM.....

".....I have been given superiority......; I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me:"
hadithsunnah/muslim/ #004.1062

"I have been made victorious with terror (cast in the hearts of the enemy), and while I was sleeping, the keys of the treasures of the world were brought to me and put in my hand."
hadithsunnah/bukhari/ #004.052.220

++++

AND, contemporary moslems seem to agree, ISLAM is about terrorism [against Allah's 'enemies']...

Cleric preaches that violence is part of Islam
01/05/2007
In documents seen by The Daily Telegraph, al-Muhajiroun claimed: "Terrorism is a part of Islam" and "Allah made it obligatory to prepare and to terrify the enemy of Allah".
The article advised: "The kuffar of USA and UK are without doubt our enemy. There is no such thing as an innocent kafir, innocence is only applicable for the Muslims. Not only is it obligatory to fight them, it is haram [forbidden] to feel sorry for them."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/1550211/Cleric-preaches-that-violence-is-...

Such a doctrine is supported by many, many Koran and Hadith verses.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Beertruk

Reply #11 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:32pm

abu_rashid wrote on Feb 21st, 2011 at 11:40pm:
Quote:

Your illiteracy is no excuse for your stupidity.

So that is your best answer to " But the majority of terrorist attacks are carried out by muzlims."...you dont have anything better that?
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:44pm by Beertruk »  

Unlike Christianity, which preached a peace that it never achieved, Islam unashamedly came with a sword.&&- Stephen Runciman

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #12 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:39pm

Quote:
I am 'stupid' because???

You were incapable of reading the article, and its proof that the vast vast majority of terrorist attacks clearly are not carried out by Muslims.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Beertruk

Reply #13 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 7:48pm

Ohh..I read the article...we KNOW that the majority of muslims are not terrorists...BUT the majority of terrorist attacks are carried out by muslims...there you are...muslim spelt with an 's'.
« Last Edit: Feb 22nd, 2011 at 8:10pm by Beertruk »  

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #14 - Feb 22nd, 2011 at 10:10pm

Obviously you're a bit thicker than the usual goons we get around here.

The article says 94% of terrorist attacks (not of Muslims) in the U.S are carried out by other than Muslims.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 7
Send Topic Print