Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Do you feel ripped off by superannuation?

Yes    
  2 (100.0%)
No    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 2
« Created by: Bobby. on: Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:29pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Superannuation rorts. (Read 3188 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Superannuation rorts.
Reply #30 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:08pm

Verge wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 11:09am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 10:32am:
Verge wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 10:58pm:
Sorry but the application of the law is correct.

Wanting to change it to suit super funds requires the re-writing of an entire system.  Its not that simple.

Law is the law, and in this case it has been applied correctly.  I wouldnt lose to much sleep though Bobby, the bounce back in funds in the last 12 months espically would have offset many if not all of these.

the bounce back is pointless because as soon as another crash comes along it can take them a week to pull your money out of the market and by that time all of the potential profits have been lost Sad It really is a low caliber form of investment which is exposed to all kinds of risk Sad But of course the thieves running these super funds seems to like to help themselves no matter what happens to your money Sad

What annoys me more is they take a "management fee" based on your balance, and not the earnings they make you.

I would rather see someone take say, 10% of your earnings, as opposed to 1.5% of your balance.  Make them earn their money.

yes it's legalized theft of peoples savings which has the blessings of the government behind it Sad this really is a shoddy arrangement for the average punter Sad No wonder government employees don't use it. It's for losers Sad

I wonder if you had all of the investment in gold bullion how would they chisel off their management fees ?? Wink Somehow they need some of the investment to be in cash otherwise they can't steal it off you if all of it is in gold or silver etc. Wink

But I have just read from Money Morning that in china it is the complete opposite where the chinese government is encouraging all of the punters to invest in gold and silver etc. None of this rubbish like AXA Pacific or Bernie the poofs superannuation scam !!

We really are wally brains to put up with all of that kind of sh.t !!

« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:14pm by Sir lastnail »  

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #31 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:21pm

Nail.
Quote:
Bernie the poofs superannuation scam

It's the suuuppperrrr  of the fuuutuuurrrree.

That's funny Nail    Grin

The fact is that Verge thinks it's  OK if you lose money & the Govt
takes some more as well in tax.
The Govt creamed billions out of superannuatioin while people were losing their a#ses.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:46pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:21pm:
Nail.
Quote:

It's the suuuppperrrr  of the fuuutuuurrrree.

That's funny Nail    Grin

The fact is that Verge thinks it's  OK if you lose money & the Govt
The Govt creamed billions out of superannuatioin while people were losing their a#ses.

Im saying the application of the taxation law is a correct one and I think all entities should be taxed in the same fashion, just with different rates applicable.

Why havent you picked up yet that an individual who holds an asset for 12 months or more only pays tax on 50% of the gain, yet a super fund pays it on all?

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #33 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:55pm

Verge wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:46pm:
Nail.
Quote:

Im saying the application of the taxation law is a correct one and I think all entities should be taxed in the same fashion, just with different rates applicable.

Why havent you picked up yet that an individual who holds an asset for 12 months or more only pays tax on 50% of the gain, yet a super fund pays it on all?

Because the rules are so complicated that even people who study them for years get them all wrong.
There are too many public servants who sit around writing more & more complicated tax laws
& who don't produce anything but just make life harder for others
running a business, or wage slaves like me.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 4:49pm

Bobby. wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:55pm:
Verge wrote on Feb 16th, 2011 at 2:46pm:
Nail.
Quote:

Because the rules are so complicated that even people who study them for years get them all wrong.
There are too many public servants who sit around writing more & more complicated tax laws
& who don't produce anything but just make life harder for others
running a business, or wage slaves like me.

And right there my friend is my Im very well looked after by my employer, and the more they change the rules for taxation and accounting, the more expensive we become.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - Feb 16th, 2011 at 9:05pm

Verge.
Quote:
the more they change the rules for taxation and accounting,
the more expensive we become.

I am always reminded at pay increase times of the amount I
cost for compulsory superannuation & that that money
cannot be paid directly to me.
The fact that the super money cannot be touched until retirement
at possibly 67 years of age worries me.
Who knows if I will even be alive then to spend it?
I am sure others think the same way.

Also - I have paid taxes all my life so that others could get a pension
& yet I may be denied the same privilege.
Does that seem fair?

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 5:38am

<<None of this rubbish like AXA Pacific or Bernie the poofs superannuation scam !!>>

Maybe you should talk to your bum chum Bernie the poof nails. I am sure you can cut a deal.

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #37 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 5:46am

Bill Shorten is trying the get the AWU's backing to support his intention to raise super to 15%.

What do you think about this?

His justification for this is that politicians have to pay 15%, so why shouldn't the general public also.

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #38 - Feb 17th, 2011 at 3:54pm

mellie wrote on Feb 17th, 2011 at 5:46am:
Bill Shorten is trying the get the AWU's backing to support his intention to raise super to 15%.

What do you think about this?

His justification for this is that politicians have to pay 15%, so why shouldn't the general public also.

I don't know what the pollies get now but they used to get
$7 for every dollar they contributed - all unfunded & now in the future fund.
That's another rort & another topic.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print