Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
A Poor Aussie Bloke Cant Get A Job, He Said. (Read 3272 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: A Poor Aussie Bloke Cant Get A Job, He Said.
Reply #15 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:29am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 10:20am:
Manual labour work is better positioned in low labour cost countries Lastnail.

Pure economics tells you this.

Even after factoring in the supply chain increases, the savings are ten times over.

The jobs we sent to India in my last role had a cost of $40k p/a in Melbourne and $500 p/a in India.

That's $39k savings PER HEADCOUNT.

Multiply that by 1,000 jobs and you have savings of $39,000,000 to shareholders in headcount alone!!!!!!

But don't you still expect the people here being done out of a job to keep paying ripoff retail prices for stuff built on the cheap in 3rd world countries ?? You want the 3rd world labor costs and the 1st world retail prices !!

You can't have it all your way Hicks !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:31am

Sir lastnail wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:26am:
Verge wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:10am:
And you were the one saying it was a global market was it not?

The main issue I picked up on was not the cheaper rate, but the faster completion of work.  What is your response to that?

They arent out of a job, head an hour up to Brisbane and they will be working their ring out on the flood damaged buildings.  They are out of this job because they are too slow.  When you have contracts and deadlines to meet you can not drag the chain.

Yes but Gerry Harvey goes scouring around 3rd world countries looking for the cheapest deals he can find whilst charging 1st world retail prices to locals who have been done out of a job by a 3rd world labor force !! Then when he realizes that they no longer get paid enough to pay his ripoff prices he hatches up a plan to stitch them up to credit using entrapment and predatory lending practices !! Either way people living in this country are being screwed every which way Sad

You can't have it all of your way !! Something has to give !!

What people do with their own personal finances is their business, and its one I just recently used myself.

Also, GE is offerred at hundred of different businesses, so get over it already.

It still doesnt answer the question why the Aussie workers werent getting the work done quickly enough?

I used to support them until recently when an engineering firm I was dealing with took three weeks to get a fee proposal to me and would take another three weeks to do when an Indian engineer was able to do it for a third of the price and post the plans to me three days after I made contact with him.

Service in this country is crap, and our work ethic is just as bad.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:36am

Faster, faster.  Hurry, hurry.  Its very interesting that no one thinks of safety.  Its all very well to expect workers to work faster, but I wonder if anyone has thought that it could actually be dangerous.  Especially on a building site of all places.   Sad

IP Logged

laborfornever

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:38am

If the work on this project is as shoddy as the Gold Coast shining tourist light the Q1, god help the owners of the units.

The Q1 is basically falling apart the units are hastely cobled together with the lowest cost being the common factor.

Hell there aren't even power points in the bathroom.

The walls are falling off tiles lifting everywhere.

Google it and see for your self.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:43am

Verge wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:31am:

The main issue I picked up on was not the cheaper rate, but the faster completion of work.  What is your response to that?

They arent out of a job, head an hour up to Brisbane and they will be working their ring out on the flood damaged buildings.  They are out of this job because they are too slow.  When you have contracts and deadlines to meet you can not drag the chain.

Yes but Gerry Harvey goes scouring around 3rd world countries looking for the cheapest deals he can find whilst charging 1st world retail prices to locals who have been done out of a job by a 3rd world labor force !! Then when he realizes that they no longer get paid enough to pay his ripoff prices he hatches up a plan to stitch them up to credit using entrapment and predatory lending practices !! Either way people living in this country are being screwed every which way Sad

What people do with their own personal finances is their business, and its one I just recently used myself.

Also, GE is offerred at hundred of different businesses, so get over it already.

It still doesnt answer the question why the Aussie workers werent getting the work done quickly enough?

I used to support them until recently when an engineering firm I was dealing with took three weeks to get a fee proposal to me and would take another three weeks to do when an Indian engineer was able to do it for a third of the price and post the plans to me three days after I made contact with him.

What about people expecting to profit from a property bubble by doing no work ?? Just buy a property one year and wait to make 20% in a years time from doing NO work !! That's what has been ingrained into our culture so much so that we no longer manufacture anything here. How do you expect others to pull their sleeves up and work hard when it has been drummed into them that the road to riches comes from doing NO work !!

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:43am

Quote:
Faster, faster.  Hurry, hurry.  Its very interesting that no one thinks of safety.  Its all very well to expect workers to work faster, but I wonder if anyone has thought that it could actually be dangerous.  Especially on a building site of all places.   Sad

You obviously have never done tiling in your life have you mate.  Dont give me the OH&S B-S.  Tilers are in once everthing is lined out you fool.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:45am

Sir lastnail wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:43am:

The main issue I picked up on was not the cheaper rate, but the faster completion of work.  What is your response to that?

They arent out of a job, head an hour up to Brisbane and they will be working their ring out on the flood damaged buildings.  They are out of this job because they are too slow.  When you have contracts and deadlines to meet you can not drag the chain.

What about people expecting to profit from a property bubble by doing no work ?? Just buy a property one year and wait to make 20% in a years time from doing NO work !! That's what has been ingrained into our culture so much so that we no longer manufacture anything here. How do you expect others to pull their sleeves up and work hard when it has been drummed into them that the road to riches comes from doing NO work !!

Seriously is that the best you have.

Its not their fault?  Come off it, what happened to personal respsonsibility in this country?

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:45am

Quote:
Faster, faster.  Hurry, hurry.  Its very interesting that no one thinks of safety.  Its all very well to expect workers to work faster, but I wonder if anyone has thought that it could actually be dangerous.  Especially on a building site of all places.   Sad

You have to look after the CEO's interests first. The CEO can't afford to lose 1 million off his 10 million dollar deal Wink LOL

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:48am

Sir lastnail wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:45am:
Quote:
Faster, faster.  Hurry, hurry.  Its very interesting that no one thinks of safety.  Its all very well to expect workers to work faster, but I wonder if anyone has thought that it could actually be dangerous.  Especially on a building site of all places.   Sad

You have to look after the CEO's interests first. The CEO can't afford to lose 1 million off his 10 million dollar deal Wink LOL

Saba Tiling only has a turnover of $25 million, hardly big business.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:50am

Verge wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:45am:
Sir lastnail wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 11:43am:

The main issue I picked up on was not the cheaper rate, but the faster completion of work.  What is your response to that?

They arent out of a job, head an hour up to Brisbane and they will be working their ring out on the flood damaged buildings.  They are out of this job because they are too slow.  When you have contracts and deadlines to meet you can not drag the chain.

Seriously is that the best you have.

Its not their fault?  Come off it, what happened to personal respsonsibility in this country?

It's true. Monkey see monkey do !!!

the bad work ethics come from, the top down !!

I have proof of this by comparing CEO's and workers wages in a Korean ship building yard Wink

http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/stories/richardcarleton/259329/ship-ahoy

Quote:
RICHARD CARLETON: By now, you're probably thinking that Korea can do all this because they pay their staff peanuts. Well, that's what I thought and I was wrong, too. True, they work a 44-hour week. But they are very well-paid. I asked a manager at Daewoo just how much the average shipyard worker earns in a year.

DAEWOO MANAGER: US$50,000 for labour.

RICHARD CARLETON: US$50,000 for a labourer?

DAEWOO MANAGER: Yes. That's average.

RICHARD CARLETON: That's almost A$70,000 for a shipyard worker?

DAEWOO MANAGER: Yes.

RICHARD CARLETON: That's very high.

DAEWOO MANAGER: Yes, I think so.

RICHARD CARLETON: Now considering $40,000 or $50,000 is a good salary in Australia, Korea can hardly be called a low-wage country. The Koreans I spoke to were rightly proud of all this and more than happy to talk about it. But they were a little uncomfortable discussing just one thing — the boss's salary. So I asked Peter Bartholomew. If the average welder is getting $70,000, what is the boss getting — the man with 20,000 employees?

PETER BARTHOLOMEW: Maybe three times that, four times that, but not much more than that, frankly speaking.

RICHARD CARLETON: No $20 million?

PETER BARTHOLOMEW: No, not even $1 million, thank you. The money they make goes back to making more money. It goes, really, back into the core of the shipyard.

RICHARD CARLETON: That's sort of perfect capitalism in the theory, isn't it?

PETER BARTHOLOMEW: I don't know if it's perfect but it sure works.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:11pm

what's wrong Verge ? The cat's got your tongue !!

don't like how the other half lives ??

maybe use this as a reality check Wink

We are always told how he have to pay CEO's with division 1 lottery wins otherwise they will go somewhere else. Well they certainly won't be running companies in Korea Wink

And remember they are the ones making ships. We make two thirds of f.ckall here and still like to beat our chest about it as well as rewarding word smith CEO's in proportion to the cost of their suits and how much sh.t that comes out of their mouths Sad

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:14pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:11pm:

We are always told how he have to pay CEO's with division 1 lottery wins otherwise they will go somewhere else. Well they certainly won't be running companies in Korea Wink

And remember they are the ones making ships. We make two thirds of f.ckall here and still like to beat our chest about it as well as rewarding word smith CEO's in proportion to the cost of their suits and how much sh.t that comes out of their mouths Sad

I think the story has merit.

I voted Labor in 2007 with a driving factor being shareholders get a voice on executive renumeration, something which has been on the back burner since when it comes to the ALP.
The shareholders should get a say no doubt.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:29pm

Verge wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:14pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:11pm:

I think the story has merit.

I voted Labor in 2007 with a driving factor being shareholders get a voice on executive renumeration, something which has been on the back burner since when it comes to the ALP.
The shareholders should get a say no doubt.

you're missing the point. We set poor examples for workers from the top down and then expect workers to bend over and take it up the arse Sad

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:41pm

<<you're missing the point. We set poor examples for workers from the top down and then expect workers to bend over and take it up the arse>>

Be careful nails you know that kind of talk turns boobiebatpoo on.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Feb 15th, 2011 at 6:12pm

whatsforme wrote on Feb 15th, 2011 at 5:41pm:
<<you're missing the point. We set poor examples for workers from the top down and then expect workers to bend over and take it up the arse>>

Be careful nails you know that kind of talk turns boobiebatpoo on.

no I have no idea. is this one of your fantasies again ??

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print