Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print
time to scrap first home and baby bonus (Read 5705 times)
cods
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: time to scrap first home and baby bonus
Reply #90 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 6:31pm

you have an interestingly narrow view. Howard DID successfully sell the GST by wining the election. any other definition simply seeks to overturn a simple fact. and the democrats died because their mandate was the 'keep the bastards honest' otherwise known as making govts keep their promises. They died for two reasons. one, because they tried to block the GST which half of their supporters (liberals) voted FOR and two, because they morphed into a left-wing party with policies to match. and left-wing parties do poorly in australia. Even the Greens owe half of their vote to nothing more than anti-labor sentiment. 

xxx

didnt they also have a problem with their leader jumping into bed with a labor pollie and then jumping ship mid term and falling flat on her face..lol..hilarious.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: time to scrap first home and baby bonus
Reply #91 - Jan 30th, 2011 at 10:30pm

Scrapping the FHOG wont free up builders by that much, they are literally flat out on BER projects.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 
Send Topic Print