Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
time to scrap first home and baby bonus (Read 5710 times)
Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Re: time to scrap first home and baby bonus
Reply #15 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:40am

Please delete wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:38am:
freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:28am:
whatsforme wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:13am:
freediver wrote on Jan 28th, 2011 at 10:22pm:
The first home owners grant and the baby bonus should be the first targets for budget cuts to pay for rebuilding flood damage. The first home owners grant is especially suitable as scrapping it would free up builders that are going to be in high demand. Neither of these handouts are necessary. They are both vote buying scams.

Free up builders? Maybe you best check the facts before you post dribble.  As for the baby bonus. Yep DUMP it.

Yes, scrapping the FHOG would free up builders.

It's unusual to see so mujch agreement on a topic.

I genuinely believe that most people - even the recipients - know that these handouts are inherently "wrong".

oooooooh, that's just nasty!  Grin

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:41am

<<Now whatsforme is also insulting the moderator! >>

Batpoo. Freediver is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself. He doesn't go running to his mother, Lisa or nails to back him up.

Get some balls boobie. Go to the knackery if you have to but find some somewhere.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #17 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:54am

For low income families the Baby bonus can be the difference between babies being well provided for and going without essentials, I agree that it should not go to those who do not need it.

I find it a bit confusing that so many want to not assist first home buyers but are happy to provide building assistance to people who chose to build in a flood zone and want to do it again.

Do not make the error of assuming I would not assist them but maybe not at the expense of lower income families first home assistance, I would means test the payment as I am against welfare for those who do not require it.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #18 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:02am

whatsforme wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:41am:
<<Now whatsforme is also insulting the moderator! >>

Batpoo. Freediver is big enough and ugly enough to look after himself. He doesn't go running to his mother, Lisa or nails to back him up.

Get some balls boobie. Go to the knackery if you have to but find some somewhere.

And then you add
Quote:
Some facts....as for posters agreeing with you check out who they are. Pansi, Nem, batshit, philperth. Take out Nem and collectively there wouldn't be two brain cells between them.

whatsforme,
I didn't agree with anyone.
You really are an obnoxious troll.
I find it hard to believe that you haven't been banned.
Freediver must be a really forgiving person.

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:24am

<<whatsforme,
I didn't agree with anyone.

Is that because your lover nails isn't here?

You really are an obnoxious troll.

I agree boobie. Without you, nails, vegetable and a few others I maybe nice but hey there is plenty of fodder here to work with.

I find it hard to believe that you haven't been banned.

Banning is for mummys girls like you. Like I said...get some balls.

Freediver must be a really forgiving person.

Boobie freediver has balls and unlike you has a sense of humour

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:32am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 8:54am:
I find it a bit confusing that so many want to not assist first home buyers but are happy to provide building assistance to people who chose to build in a flood zone and want to do it again.

I don't think we should be doing that either.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #21 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:35am

For low income families the Baby bonus can be the difference between babies being well provided for and going without essentials, I agree that it should not go to those who do not need it.

Do not make the error of assuming I would not assist them but maybe not at the expense of lower income families first home assistance, I would means test the payment as I am against welfare for those who do not require it.

It depends how you use it, whether it was worthwhile.

I can honestly say hand on heart that the $5k we got for our first child in Australia was spent on baby related items.
Air con for the baby room, complete fit out of the nursery, cot, baby strollers, toys, clothes etc.

It was spent correctly. That's the point of it.

If people use it right, I have no problem with it.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:43am

freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:32am:

I don't think we should be doing that either.

I believe that new building regulations will come into force.
Houses in flood prone areas will be required to be built on tall stilts.
Can't give a link right now.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:49am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:35am:

I can honestly say hand on heart that the $5k we got for our first child in Australia was spent on baby related items.
Air con for the baby room, complete fit out of the nursery, cot, baby strollers, toys, clothes etc.

You seem to be missing the point. It paid for an expensive unnatural environment for your baby that is harmful to it's health and the environment. People can spend an enourmous amount of money on new stuff for a baby that they grow out of in a few months time. Just because you spent it on the baby does not mean the handout was justified. This is someone else's money you are spending.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #24 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:52am

freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:49am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:35am:

You seem to be missing the point. It paid for an expensive unnatural environment for your baby that is harmful to it's health and the environment. People can spend an enourmous amount of money on new stuff for a baby that they grow out of in a few months time. Just because you spent it on the baby does not mean the handout was justified. This is someone else's money you are spending.

Really?
My wife and I paid $8k per month in taxes one year.

If it wasn't our money, then someone else was spending ours....

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #25 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:54am

freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:49am:
You seem to be missing the point. It paid for an expensive unnatural environment for your baby that is harmful to it's health and the environment

You're going to have to run that by me again?
We bought baby items for our little girl, who was born in the middle of summer.

What exactly of those items are harming the baby's health??????

Because by the way she is now 2 and is very healthy.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #26 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:56am

Air conditioning is a significant contributor to the obesity epidemic. It is also a significant contributor to both global warming and the urban heat island effect. Your child is not allergic to the natural environment.

Even if you do spend it on the 'right' things, that is not a justification for taking money from some other family to spend on your family.

Quote:

And this is a good idea? The government takes $10000 from you, wastes half of it on bureaucracy, then gives you back the remaining $5000. Explain why you support this please?

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #27 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:01am

freediver wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:56am:
Air conditioning is a significant contributor to the obesity epidemic. It is also a significant contributor to both global warming and the urban heat island effect. Your child is not allergic to the natural environment.

Even if you do spend it on the 'right' things, that is not a justification for taking money from some other family to spend on your family.

Quote:

And this is a good idea? The government takes $10000 from you, wastes half of it on bureaucracy, then gives you back the remaining $5000. Explain why you support this please?

The Government takes $100,000 off us over a year.
If the baby bonus didn't exist - do you think our tax rates would go down?

No of course not. So we deserve the $5k back at least given we paid for it many times over.

As regards air con. If you think my little newborn was going to sleep in a room without aircon through a Melbourne summer then you can whistle dixie.
We bought it for her room and it was lovely and cool at 19C each night and through the afternoons. Even when it was 40C outside.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #28 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:04am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jan 29th, 2011 at 9:52am:
Really?

If it wasn't our money, then someone else was spending ours....

Didn't thay tell you - your money went into pensions and Hospitals - you were given my money.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #29 - Jan 29th, 2011 at 10:04am

Quote:
If the baby bonus didn't exist - do you think our tax rates would go down?

Yes. For starters, they wouldn't have to introduce this new tax. This is a pretty feeble minded excuse for government largesse.

Quote:
We bought it for her room and it was lovely and cool at 19C each night and through the afternoons. Even when it was 40C outside.

I'm sure your daughter will thank you when she finds herself unable to go outside unless it is 19 degrees. You can always buy her an Xbox instead with what little is left of your wages after the government has taken them away and given them back.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print