Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Setting an Example on Climate Change (Read 220 times)
sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Setting an Example on Climate Change
Jan 27th, 2011 at 1:57pm

Setting an example on climate change
By Jonathan Holmes

You may have seen the full page ads in the papers on Tuesday morning:
How do you change the equivalent of 57,302 light bulbs? Start with one.

That's how News Ltd, the Australian province of Rupert Murdoch's global empire, proudly announced that it is now 'a carbon neutral business'. And if you follow the invitation in the ads to visit News Ltd's website www.1degree.com.au, you can read about all the wondrous things that the company is doing to reduce its carbon footprint, from applying infrared paint "to reduce heat absorption through the press hall roof" at its Chullora press plant in Sydney, to running 'an incredibly popular bike discount scheme' at the Adelaide Advertiser, "with 30 staff rushing to take up the offer".

Read the FULL STORY: http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2011/01/27/3122609.htm?site=thedrum

Note: This is not really about climate change, but more about how newspapers run an agenda in their advertising, and how News Ltd has decided to switch sides when it comes to reporting on climate change.  Don't believe everything you read in the newspaper: unless you're a gullible fool.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Setting an Example on Climate Change
Reply #1 - Jan 27th, 2011 at 8:43pm

Sounds like a good thing to me. The Australian has always been a bit backwards on climate change.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print