Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
a 'peaceful' offer, backed by violence (Read 3586 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
a 'peaceful' offer, backed by violence
Jan 23rd, 2011 at 9:12am

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 22nd, 2011 at 9:59pm:
Calanen,

Quote:
He said that the invitation to Islam must be peaceful, but if not accepted, then there is violence. That is entirely Islamic.

Not unless he's already formed his own government and is enacting the foreign policy of a Caliphate, no it is not.

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 22nd, 2011 at 10:34pm:
Quote:
So in that situation it is true?

In certain contexts it could form part of the foreign policy of an Islamic Caliphate yes. Not in all situations. It is for those states who act with hostility towards the Caliphate.

Can you elaborate please Abu? What counts as hostility towards the Caliphate? If they allowed someone to publish Muhammed cartoons would that count?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: a 'peaceful' offer, backed by violence
Reply #1 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 1:49pm

Me... speculating on possible future foreign policy of an as yet unformed Caliphate... why?

Honestly, fd, what do you think it will do for you?

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 3:50pm

I am not asking you to speculate. I am asking you tell us about Islam and add a few details to what you have already explained.

Islam does provide guidance on this, right? Or were you making it up as you went along?

Is the west justified in interfering in middle eastern politics to prevent the return of the Caliphate, given its inevitably violent foreign policy? Would a true Caliphate make the Americans look like boy scouts in comparison?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #3 - Jan 23rd, 2011 at 11:32pm

Quote:
I am not asking you to speculate. I am asking you tell us about Islam and add a few details to what you have already explained.

Islam does provide guidance on this, right? Or were you making it up as you went along?

I am no fortune teller. The foreign policy would be dictated by the times and circumstances.

Quote:
Is the west justified in interfering in middle eastern politics to prevent the return of the Caliphate, given its inevitably violent foreign policy? Would a true Caliphate make the Americans look like boy scouts in comparison?

Judging by the violent reaction to Western interference, no. They'd be much better off getting their dirty little paws out of the hive.

Anyway you obviously don't have much of a working knowledge of the Caliphate, and it's history do you? Are you aware for instance that the Caliphate allied with Britain for much of the time they both existed together? Do you not know about the Crimean war, where British and Caliphate soldiers fought side by side?

Muslim hostility towards the West (the British realm) did not begin until the 1940's.. and I think we all know what the British did during that time to incite that opposition. The Americans have further exasperated it, but what's clear is the hostility was created by the Western interference.

Whether the West is ever going to accept responsibility for that or not is probably a better indicator of the kind of relationship the West and the impending Caliphate will share. We are forging that relationship now... not doing a good job of it so far though are we?

The reconstitution of the Caliphate is inevitable, it's not a matter of if, but when. Attacking and trying to eradicate it, is only going to lead to getting off on the wrong foot. I honestly don't think the West can afford that.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 12:28am

Abu, given your references to the caliphate and its relations with the west, what are your thoughts on Mustafa Kemal?

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #5 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:52am

Given that he abolished the Caliphate, obviously my thoughts about him are not very pleasant.

He's just like all the other puppets the West groomed to take over the Muslim world though. Only difference is he took over the capital, and he went to some bizarre extremes to eradicate Islam from society. Like the "fez ban" which led to the infamous "fez riots".

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Belgarion
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 1:15pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 24th, 2011 at 6:52am:
Given that he abolished the Caliphate, obviously my thoughts about him are not very pleasant.

He's just like all the other puppets the West groomed to take over the Muslim world though. Only difference is he took over the capital, and he went to some bizarre extremes to eradicate Islam from society. Like the "fez ban" which led to the infamous "fez riots".

I don't think the west did much grooming of Kemal, in fact he had several foreign policy arguments with Britain, and his democratic reforms (now sadly being undermined) ensured Turkey largely avoided the fate of the rest of the islamic world.

As for the caliphate, surely this is a concept that has had its day. Would you argue that the British Empire should be re-established?

"I may not agree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Voltaire.....(possibly)

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jan 24th, 2011 at 9:23pm

Quote:
I am no fortune teller. The foreign policy would be dictated by the times and circumstances.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print