Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Global government (Read 1239 times)
hawil
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Global government
Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:28pm

Would a global government improve the world society or just become another gravy train for more politician?
Is the UN the way to go to establish a global government?
The UN is just a puppet to the USA and will stay so in the future as long as the USA is the leading world power.

What would improve Democracy most, would be a law, requiring all the politicians to answer their corresponce within a certain time and honestly, not political gobbledegook.
The politicans may say that would be too onerous, but makig a habit of asking everybody that I know, how many of them have contacted their MP's, either directly or by e-mail, or other correspondence, and so far, nobody told me that they did so.
The apathy of the public is the biggest threat to Democracy.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Global government
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:47pm

Yes, complacency could be the biggest threat to democracy. I send emails to the PM and Tony Abbott on important issues. I send emails to the Qld premier (waste of time and effort)   Sad and the state opposition, local MP's and other state departments.

If we don't tell them how we feel about certain issues, how will they know if they are on the right track. Anyway, it's usually a waste of time, but hey! it gets it off my chest. Besides, we really can't complain if we are willing to put up with the crap they deal us.

I think you were joking about the politicians giving an honest answer.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:59pm

Yes to a democratic one world government.

Nationalism sucks ... it just gives us the opportunity to keep our fellow humans down.

Best way to cut out the lies of some politicians is through transparency of the money system. Have a cashless society and make all money transactions public on the net.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 2:54pm

____ wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:59pm:
Yes to a democratic one world government.

Nationalism sucks ... it just gives us the opportunity to keep our fellow humans down.

Best way to cut out the lies of some politicians is through transparency of the money system. Have a cashless society and make all money transactions public on the net.

I doubt you would find any real democratic government, be it National or Global!

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 2:57pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:47pm:
Yes, complacency could be the biggest threat to democracy. I send emails to the PM and Tony Abbott on important issues. I send emails to the Qld premier (waste of time and effort)   Sad and the state opposition, local MP's and other state departments.

If we don't tell them how we feel about certain issues, how will they know if they are on the right track. Anyway, it's usually a waste of time, but hey! it gets it off my chest. Besides, we really can't complain if we are willing to put up with the crap they deal us.

I think you were joking about the politicians giving an honest answer.

Hi Pansi & yes Sloth would ceratinly qualifym but there are a few others, including -

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 3:36pm

PRIDE?

What the hell is wrong with pride dopey.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 6:19pm

whatsforme wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 3:36pm:
PRIDE?

What the hell is wrong with pride dopey.

Ahh, a perfect example, of mis-placed pride, self-commendation &  a failure to acknowledge the good in others!

Are we having a good day, Baha, that is you & yourself?

IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 8:32pm

hawil wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:28pm:
Would a global government improve the world society or just become another gravy train for more politician?

The talent pool is pretty shallow now so a move to world government would only mean the current lot would move up the ladder. Things would not improve with the likes of the Brussels Eurocrats, Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, Obama, and any number of South American 'statesmen' at the helm. It might be another 100 years before we see an honest person worthy enough to lead the world.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print