Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
what about new law! (Read 4981 times)
layeazy

Australian Politics

what about new law!
Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:20am

What about this for a great idea in western society to practice religion of any kind their should be a penalty or fine?

Would this help stop the weak and uneducated in believing in some higher force lol. The whole comprehension of their being a god is so funny to myself and scientist. That us as a race are so important that we need a higher being there is completely ignorant and without merit.

Its the 20th century can we move on!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: what about new law!
Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:08pm

Quote:
What about this for a great idea in western society to practice religion of any kind their should be a penalty or fine?

How about this for a better law? We outlaw stupidity and feeble mindedness, like that displayed in your post above.

Quote:
The whole comprehension of their being a god is so funny to myself and scientist.

Yourself and scientist?  Grin

Just for the record, there's plenty of scientists who believe in God. In fact one of my good friends is a quantum physicist who converted to Islam from atheism.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 4:52pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 1:08pm:
Just for the record, there's plenty of scientists who believe in God. In fact one of my good friends is a quantum physicist who converted to Islam from atheism.

Its amusing how religious people claim scientists believe in God yet they never produce anything more than hearsay as evidence for anything including God.

A survey was done with the National Academy of Science members in 1998 the result was 93% did not believe in God.
(Cannot post link as i am new)

A long history of clashes with science and religion you should research Copernicus,Galileo and Darwin to see how the church reacted to science contradicting the bible.

Your Quran has the same mistakes yet we cant tell you because muslims react with violence so we will just quietly ridicule it.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #3 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 5:29pm

Quote:
A long history of clashes with science and religion you should research Copernicus,Galileo and Darwin to see how the church reacted to science contradicting the bible.

I noticed you brought only examples from the Western/Christian world, yet then attempted to expand your claims to include the Muslim world, based on those examples. Not very scientific of you...

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 7:43pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 5:29pm:
Quote:

I noticed you brought only examples from the Western/Christian world, yet then attempted to expand your claims to include the Muslim world, based on those examples. Not very scientific of you...

You should research Copernicus and Galileo because your Quran contains the same mistakes as the Bible and how many hundreds of years ago did they point that out.

It would be considered Blasphemy for a muslim to speak out about the errors in the Quran muslims kill people for that just look at what happened in Pakistan recently that might explain why no muslims are critical of the Quran.

Abdus Salam was the first muslim to win a nobel prize in Science he worked on Pakistans nuclear project he got the award for Physics.
Abdus was an Ahmadi muslim they are considered heretics in Islam they are persecuted from Pakistan to Indonesia and the fact is they cannot call themselves muslims where they originated from in Pakistan so the word "muslim" was removed from his grave.
Can you tell the other forum members why the Ahmadi muslims are considered as heretics and persecuted Abu?

Ahmed Zawail is the only other muslim to win a nobel prize in science for chemistry i think he currently works for Barack Obama.

We look at the embryology in the Quran it is very similar to the works of Galen and Aristotle and the fact is it is completely wrong.
Allah failed with embryology he also failed biology and seeing how muslims react with violence to critcism of the Quran we will just ridicule you behind your backs for our own safety.

Quran 18:86
Yusef Ali - when he reached the setting  of the sun,he found it set in a spring of murky water
Pickthal - when he reached the setting place of the sun,he found it setting in a muddy spring
Shakir -when he reached the setting place of the sun,he found it going down in a black sea
Do you expect a rational person to believe Allah wrote the Quran?
Anyone can search for Quran 18:86 and read it online for themselves

Sahih Bukhari vol 4 book 54 number 421
Does the sun really prostrate itself under Allahs throne and ask for permission to rise again?

Mathematical error in Quran 4:11 Allah cant do simple fractions.

With science if your work contains just one mistake it is wrong it gets thrown out.

Abu can you tell me what Islam has contributed to science or mathematics in the last 300 years?

Salaam.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 8:24pm

Abu

Evolution is a Scientific fact the theory of evolution explains how it happens.

Quran 15:26 -
Yusefali -We created man from sounding clay,from mud moulded into shape
Pickthal - Verily we created man of potters clay of black mud altered
Shakir - And certainly we created man of clay that gives forth sound,of black mud fashioned into shape

Quran 15:27-  do you want to explain what Jinns are or should I?
Fairy tales perhaps?

Quran 15:28
Yusefali- Behold! thy lord said to the angels: "I am about to create man from sounding clay from mud moulded into shape.
Pickthal - When thy lord said unto the angels:I am creating a mortal out of potters clay of black mud altered.
Shakir - And when your lord said to the angels: Surely i am going to create a mortal of the essence of black mud fashioned in shape.

Do you believe the sahih hadiths on the health benefits from drinking camel urine?

People should google "Camel urine" and see for themselves how popular it is.

We will try not to laugh in front of you we understand muslims can be Gelotophobic.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:03pm

Quote:
Yusef Ali - when he reached the setting  of the sun,he found it set in a spring of murky water

So what did he do with it? Just leave it there in the mud?

Quote:
Abu can you tell me what Islam has contributed to science or mathematics in the last 300 years?

If you see Abu's Islam and science 'clarification' thread you will see they made grat contributions. A shining example is the guy who glued feathers to his arms and jumped off the tallest building he could find. He demonstrated sopme interesting facts about blood spatter patterns, but they forget to write them down. This also helped the science of flight, by proving that you can't fly by glueing feathers to your arms and jumping off the tallest building you could find. He no doubt saved the life of at least one of the wright brothers.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:06pm

layeazy wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:20am:

Would this help stop the weak and uneducated in believing in some higher force lol. The whole comprehension of their being a god is so funny to myself and scientist. That us as a race are so important that we need a higher being there is completely ignorant and without merit.

May I know why you post in red?

Anyway, being a New Age Muslim means I am opposed to your idea.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #8 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:08pm

Quote:
You should research Copernicus and Galileo because your Quran contains the same mistakes as the Bible and how many hundreds of years ago did they point that out.

So post them.

The Qur'an does not contradict science at all. That's why Muslims were calculating the circumference of the earth whilst you Christians were still burning eachother alive for daring to suggest the earth was not flat.

Quote:
It would be considered Blasphemy for a muslim to speak out about the errors in the Quran..

No, it would be considered unfactual.

Quote:
We look at the embryology in the Quran it is very similar to the works of Galen and Aristotle and the fact is it is completely wrong.

So why have so many modern embryologists found it so amazing?

Quote:

Can you tell me why you delineated your question at the point when Islamic civilisation had gone into decline?

I don't think anyone doubts Islamic civilisation declined and has vanished (centuries ago)... so asking this question merely indicates you're either being facetious, or you're just a simpleton.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #9 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:12pm

Quote:

Btw, I noticed you still don't go back to this. Please show me where the long clash between religion and science were in the Islamic world. Researching the facts will show you that scientists and science (after all the scientific method was developed in the Islamic world) flourished under Islam, and were not persecuted and held to be blasphemous as they were in the Christian West.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #10 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:50pm

layeazy wrote on Jan 16th, 2011 at 9:20am:

Well that's the silliest 'idea' I've heard for a while.

Tell me, how do 'educated' folk explain how the universe came to be? 

The big bang you say?

What caused the big bang?  Where did the stuff that went BANG! come from?

Who will decide what we are allowed to believe?
« Last Edit: Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:57pm by ... »  

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #11 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 8:44pm

Quote:
after all the scientific method was developed in the Islamic world

What is the scientific method?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #12 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 12:10pm

Testing hypotheses with a repeatable and reliable experimental process.'

Muslim scientists were the first to develop this process.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 2:42pm

... wrote on Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:50pm:
Tell me, how do 'educated' folk explain how the universe came to be?  

The big bang you say?

What caused the big bang?  Where did the stuff that went BANG! come from?

Muslims claim the Quran mentions the Big bang theory in some obscure verse written 1400 years ago.

The question should be asked why did they wait 1400 years to say the Quran mentions the big bang theory?

Google "Islam and the big bang theory" if you want a verse explaining it.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2011 at 2:54pm by Baronvonrort »  

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 18th, 2011 at 2:53pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:12pm:
Quote:

Btw, I noticed you still don't go back to this. Please show me where the long clash between religion and science were in the Islamic world. Researching the facts will show you that scientists and science (after all the scientific method was developed in the Islamic world) flourished under Islam, and were not persecuted and held to be blasphemous as they were in the Christian West.

There has been no science from Islam for over 500 years therefore no clashes with Islamic teaching.

If we look at the timeline of the history of the scientific method Islam has contibuted nothing for a very long time.
Muslims like to talk about past glory because they have nothing new.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timeline_of_the_history_of_scientific_method

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print