Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Immoral To Profit From Workers This Way (Read 3519 times)
imcrookonit
Ex Member

Immoral To Profit From Workers This Way
Jan 10th, 2011 at 5:09pm

Government delays staff car parking charges in eight hospitals after

Following pressure from hospital workers, the government has announced it will delay introducing staff car parking charges at eight of its metropolitan hospitals.

Staff at Armadale, Bentley, Graylands, Rockingham, Kaleeya, Swans and Shenton Park, who have not had to pay for parking before, have had the financial pain of parking costs delayed until the beginning of 2012. Staff at Osborne Park Hospital only have temporary reprieve. They will have to start paying parking fees on 11 April 2011.   Sad

The Barnett government had originally wanted to introduce and drastically increase car parking fees for hospital staff from 1 January 2011. But after more than 3500 letters were sent to health bosses by hospital workers as part of a joint union campaign, the government has delayed the introduction of the fees for some hospital workers.Health department collects petitions

Unfortunately there is no change to the increases for staff wanting to park at Royal Perth, Sir Charles Gairdner, Fremantle, Princess Margaret and King Edward Memorial Hospitals.

Staff at each of these hospitals will see their parking fees rise every six months. By July 1 2014, staff at RPH, Fremantle and SCGH will be paying $7.50 daily for parking their car in the staff car park.   Sad

The joint health unions (LHMU, HSU, CFMEU, AMWU and CEPU) will be continuing their campaign against the introduction of and increases in the fees.

Carolyn Smith, assistant secretary of the LHMU, said: “We will still be following through with underpayment claims for any union member who has been charged the increased fee from 1 January 2011.

“We believe the increases are grossly unfair in the current economic climate. It is immoral for this government to be profiting from workers in this way.   Sad

“Many of these people are shift workers, meaning that public transport is out of the question for them. If they want to continue working at these hospitals, some of them will be forced to make sacrifices which is a ridiculous state of affairs in a state as rich as WA. Sad

“The delays are good news for our members at these eight hospitals. It gives us more time to persuade the government that the parking increases are an insult to people already trying to afford this government’s utility price hikes.”

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Immoral To Profit From Workers This Way
Reply #1 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 7:29pm

Why don`t you get a job & pay all their fees Sookonit.  Then you`ll have a purpose in life.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #2 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 7:47am

I bet management are not included in this greedy grab.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #3 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 7:51am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 7:47am:

There's that wide-sweeping anti-management brush again.

I worked til 2am last night finalizing our 2011 figures for how much extra per hour beyond 5pm? $0.
See if a floor worker would stay up til that time for no extra dollars per hour.

Never in a million years.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #4 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:01am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 7:51am:

I worked til 2am last night finalizing our 2011 figures for how much extra per hour beyond 5pm? $0.
See if a floor worker would stay up til that time for no extra dollars per hour.

So do you agree or not are management impacted by this grab?

Remember in hospitals almost everyone will be working till 2 am that's if they get off early.

Actually management probably will not be working in a hospital till 2 am at all ever.

They will still get their on site labelled parking valued at 10 X the value of staff parking for free more than likely.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:03am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:01am:

Remember in hospitals almost everyone will be working till 2 am that's if they get off early.

Actually management probably will not be working in a hospital till 2 am at all ever.

They will still get their on site labelled parking valued at 10 X the value of staff parking for free more than likely.

Yet you dont have any proof if this do you DNA.  There was nothing to suggest parking was free during the day was there?

And I think you will find most change overs in hospitals happen around 10pm at night, not 2am.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #6 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:08am

Yes I agree, you have found yourself in an absurd position, you have my sympathy.

The corporate world is slowly but surely winning the battle in getting more and more people to work for free.

This practice should have been stamped out when it first raised its ugly head.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #7 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:18am

Verge wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:03am:
Dnarever wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:01am:

Yet you dont have any proof if this do you DNA.  There was nothing to suggest parking was free during the day was there?

And I think you will find most change overs in hospitals happen around 10pm at night, not 2am.

Comprehension is not that difficult:

"I Bet"

This indicates a wager which is infering that I believe the odds are very good that my speculation is correct.

Are you saying that you believe I am wrong?

Would you be willing to take that bet?

We have all seen the on site parking adjacent to admin and other buildings with parking spaces individuallt signed which have an obvious higher value than the staff parking areas.

There is no mention in the story as you say so are these spaces included or excluded from the system?

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:49am

Why don`t the sookonits of this world grow a pair of balls & wake up to how well off we all are, so well off in fact that we`re effectively pricing ourselves out of our jobs. Stop being so pathetic.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #9 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:08am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:49am:
Why don`t the sookonits of this world grow a pair of balls & wake up to how well off we all are, so well off in fact that we`re effectively pricing ourselves out of our jobs. Stop being so pathetic.

The old toughen up and cop the indirect pay cut while the more important people are exempt from the impact.

You have said Testicles - don't sleep - were all ok.

Then

Quote:
We are pricing ourselves out of Jobs

Well there is a new one we are pricing our selves out of employment by not wanting to take pay cuts. How damn inconsiderate we are.

OR  

Dummy, side step, accelerate - out of here.

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:13am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:08am:
aussiefree2ride wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:49am:

The old toughen up and cop the indirect pay cut while the more important people are exempt from the impact.

You have said Testicles - don't sleep - were all ok.

Then

Quote:
We are pricing ourselves out of Jobs

Well there is a new one we are pricing our selves out of employment by not wanting to take pay cuts. How damn inconsiderate we are.

OR  

Dummy, side step, accelerate - out of here.

Pay cuts. Nope can't see where aussie said that. But of course I should know that you can see things that aren't written.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:17am

They`re obsessed with what everyone else is doing & getting. Perfectly stupid because it`s so easy for anyone with talent to advance themselves in this country.  Even the useless drones can earn a living & do well here.  Just the hyper whimps who do all the whining..

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #12 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:49am

whatsforme wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:13am:
Pay cuts. Nope can't see where aussie said that. But of course I should know that you can see things that aren't written.

Aussie
Quote:
we’re effectively pricing ourselves out of our jobs.

Aussie is saying we are pricing ourselves out of jobs.

The Topic is about effectivly reducing wages.

The inference that Aussie makes is that we should be happy to effectivly reduce income in order to be more compedative , either that or he is off topic and on about something else possibly the need to grow testicles.

I hope to not run into too many nurses with newly grown testicles - thanks all the same.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #13 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:52am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:49am:

Ummm, should we not be trying to reduce average wages??

That's essentially what I have been working on for the last - well since the start of Dec.

The thing is when you have plateaued revenue (which my area has) and we have a projected growth in shareholder return needed - then the difference has to come in either COGS or Op expenses right?

What's the biggest driver in Op Expenses?

Heacount and salaries and wages.

Effectively, if you can drive those downwards, your operation margin improves, you become a more efficient company and you generate greater intrinsic value for shareholders.

Well that's my powerpoint anyway and the big dogs in Los Angeles liked it.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 10:02am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:49am:
whatsforme wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 9:13am:

Aussie
Quote:
we’re effectively pricing ourselves out of our jobs.

Aussie is saying we are pricing ourselves out of jobs.

We have priced ourselves out of jobs.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print