Send Topic Print
The mongerel Habib. (Read 15860 times)
codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The mongerel Habib.
Reply #165 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 9:39am

Dsmithy70 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 6:09pm:
[quote link=1294431198/150#157 date=1294728151]Dsmithy70 wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 1:25pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 1:19pm:
This whole Arizona thing is shocking it really is.

It just beggars belief that we have a society here where we produce a guy like that.

He will have a very very difficult time avoiding the death penalty for this.

Of course he'll get the death penalty.
Americans love executing the mentally ill, they protest less

xxxx

pretty mean even for a leftie..

I read quite a few crime books based on American crime.. and believe me their process of getting someone to the death chamber is very very long..and in most case they dont happen.. we hear about the worst and in some cases the person requests the death penalty.. I have yet to read a case where they killed a mentally ill person...look at Manson..

beggars belief what he did, yet he is still alive.just because some States have the death penalty doesnt mean they all do.not sure about Arizona.

http://www.azcorrections.gov/inmate_datasearch/newDeathRow.aspx
Yep they do

Quote:
Since 1983, over 60 people with mental illness or retardation have been executed in the United States.

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=53
Again yep they do [/quote]

yeah I read that smithy and as it states there are so many levels of mental illness..all would have had a court case.. all would have run the gauntlet of their justice system.. some for 10 years or more..  lets get this right I dont believe the death penalty is the answer not by any means.. but I do believe LIFE should mean LIFE.. not part there of..

however it all comes down to knowing the difference between right and wrong...maybe you are right and the slightest thought of mental anything should auromatically take them off death row.

its a tough one I wouldnt want to make it..not sure why they still have death penalty over there they must have worked it out by now it doesnt stop murders does it?

why are we talking murder on this thread????lol I have forgotton.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #166 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 9:47am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 12th, 2011 at 9:26am:
[ link=1294431198/150#156 date=1294727721]

anyway I will leave it to all those who believe in this man.. I trust he will never let you down.

It is not about believing this man - it is about believing in fair reasonable and legal processes.

If he were guilty of anything charge him and convict him in a respectable legal process.

Hansard 07.

My concerns about these matters extend back to early 2002 when, as Labor spokesman on justice and customs, I first raised issues about the treatment of both Mr Habib and David Hicks. In the five years since then a great deal of information has come on the public record about the US Central Intelligence Agency’s extraordinary renditions program—the seizure and illegal transfer of terrorist suspects to third countries where they can be integrated outside of normal legal frameworks and indeed subjected to a range of techniques that by any definition amount to torture.
[/quote]

well for me dna and you can believe what you like..

but what should the Howard govt have done???..

even the gentleman quoted above.. doesnt say what the govt should have done..

they did approach the US govt time and again..

could they[Howard] make them change the laws made to enable them to incarserate those they saw as a threat to their nation?

would we allow the yanks for instance to get involved with the way we want to protect our nation....would you stand by for that?.

maybe Howard should have asked for a shootout with Bush..at the OK Corral

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #167 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 10:49am

whatsforme wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 8:00pm:
"No one can provide proof that Habib was a terrorist, just allegations. Some choose to believe..."

So what proof do you have he was tortured?  His word...thats worth sh1t.

Not exactly. When your "word" is full of traceable details, details that have been confirmed by Australian consular officials, it's worth more than sh!t.

It's very hard to lie convincingly in a police interview. Most criminal cases are cracked through interviews - either of witnesses or the suspect themselves.

Habib's story - the times and dates - have been confirmed. There is some question about what he was doing in Pakistan, but the events he described following his arrest match up.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #168 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 10:55am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 1:19pm:
This whole Arizona thing is shocking it really is.

It just beggars belief that we have a society here where we produce a guy like that.

I guess it does. This man wasn't a "terrorist suspect" - he is an "ordinary" white man. His family had lived in the country for generations. There was no smoke to indicate the presence of fire.

I'd say it questions your entire perspective on surveillance, security and terror, A.H.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #169 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 10:59am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 12th, 2011 at 10:49am:
"No one can provide proof that Habib was a terrorist, just allegations. Some choose to believe..."

Not exactly. When your "word" is full of traceable details, details that have been confirmed by Australian consular officials, it's worth more than sh!t.

It's very hard to lie convincingly in a police interview. Most criminal cases are cracked through interviews - either of witnesses or the suspect themselves.

Habib's story - the times and dates - have been confirmed. There is some question about what he was doing in Pakistan, but the events he described following his arrest match up.

thats lovely Karnal all I want is for you to show me this proof you have??..you see if you look at just a smiggin of his life since he was brought back to Australia by the govt at the govts expense.. he hasnt always been exactly truthfull..

but put that aside..just show me what confirmation you have that this man is telling the truth..

because its hard to lie convincingly in a police interview..lol...

do you know any police???.. ha.ha. my two son in laws are police.. and I dont think they would agree for one moment with that,

even more so if you were accused of terrorism or being in anyway connected..

why would he lie about his reason for being in Pakistan????... dont make sense.if he had nothing to hide and was as innocent as driven snow.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #170 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 11:48am

codswal wrote on Jan 12th, 2011 at 10:59am:
Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 12th, 2011 at 10:49am:

thats lovely Karnal all I want is for you to show me this proof you have??..you see if you look at just a smiggin of his life since he was brought back to Australia by the govt at the govts expense.. he hasnt always been exactly truthfull..

but put that aside..just show me what confirmation you have that this man is telling the truth..

because its hard to lie convincingly in a police interview..lol...

do you know any police???.. ha.ha. my two son in laws are police.. and I dont think they would agree for one moment with that,

even more so if you were accused of terrorism or being in anyway connected..

why would he lie about his reason for being in Pakistan????... dont make sense.if he had nothing to hide and was as innocent as driven snow.

I saw his story on Four Corners years ago. I can't present the details to you here.

He may well have been doing something dodgy in Pakistan, but that doesn't change the fact that he was rounded up, tortured and sent to Guantanamo.

I don't know why you'd question his account of torture. It's routine in many countries, particularly Egypt. The CIA have been outsourcing torture for years. The US military's own processes - the hoods, white noise, bright lights, nakedness, stress points, waterboarding and simulated torture or execution are the result of years of scientific experimentation in this area.

They are, of course, the second stage in the process. The first stage is transferring you to a US-friendly regime and wiring you up to a car battery or hanging you from a hook and beating you with clubs, often for months at a time: torture. Sure, Rumsfeld might claim that waterboarding, being forced to stand for 12-hour stretches, or hooking you up to a fake car battery is not torture - but the reason these techniques force people into submission so effectively is that they've already been hooked up to the real thing.

Habib's story rings true - no more than for any other reason that he's accurately described a process we already know.

I can't imagine that Habib could describe the process so well unless he had actually experienced it - and it's no leap of faith to believe that he has experienced it when it's standard operating proceedure.

The question, of course, is how effective this proceedure is when it weeds out "terrorists" like Mumdu Habib and David Hicks, but leaves Osama bin Laden somewhere in Afghanistan.

If you think Habib's story is false, it leads me to think that you don't understand the broader context of the War On Terror, and what it actually entails.

If Habib's story is false, he is a very good liar, but this doesn't change what we already know: he was detained in Guantanamo, and he couldn't possibly have been a terrorist.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #171 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 11:51am

codswal wrote on Jan 12th, 2011 at 9:47am:
well for me dna and you can believe what you like..

but what should the Howard govt have done???..

Quote:
Richardson has conceded in the Senate that ASIO understood Habib was in Egypt by mid-November 2001, several weeks after he was last interviewed by ASIO in Pakistan. Significantly, Richardson also stated that ASIO "established to our own satisfaction that he was definitely there in February 2002 … through our own activities".

What we see here is that Howard Government knew that Habib had been renditioned to Egypt and with Aisio confirming that they were aware that he was in Egypt.

For thoes who keep saying proove that it happened - well it did :

And this is not Based on Habibs word or his story - it was known to have occured by Asio and our government at the time.

Quote:
Habib has long claimed that during his time in Egypt he was interviewed by an ASIO officer. He also alleges he was shown documents from his home in Sydney that had been seized in the ASIO raid.

According to one former government official, Richardson set up "a parallel process" to question Habib while he was in Egypt, "seeking to get access through intelligence links" with the Egyptians.

On this account, ASIO officers travelled to Cairo two or three times believing they would get access to Habib. But the Attorney-General, Philip Ruddock, said ASIO did not get access to him. "No Australian official, including ASIO, was ever provided with access to Mr Habib," his spokeswoman said.

Here we have Habib saying he was interviewed in Egypt by ASIO and also ASIO and the Australian government saying that they tried to question him in Egypt.

"the Attorney-General, Philip Ruddock, said ASIO did not get access to him"

Obviously the AG knew he had been renditioned to Egypt.

Again this is not Habib saying this: its a senior member of the Howard government.

Please the few - stop questioning if this happened - it very obviously did.

Habib was renditioned to Egypt and tortured = a statement of fact.

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #172 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 3:02pm

"What we see here is that Howard Government knew that Habib had been renditioned to Egypt and with Aisio confirming that they were aware that he was in Egypt.

For thoes who keep saying proove that it happened - well it did :

And this is not Based on Habibs word or his story - it was known to have occured by Asio and our government at the time."

If the above was true who gives a fig. Habib is a lying parasitic scumbag muslim terrorist that the world could do without.

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #173 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 3:04pm

"Here we have Habib saying he was interviewed in Egypt by ASIO and also ASIO and the Australian government saying that they tried to question him in Egypt.

"the Attorney-General, Philip Ruddock, said ASIO did not get access to him"

Obviously the AG knew he had been renditioned to Egypt.

Again this is not Habib saying this: its a senior member of the Howard government.

Please the few - stop questioning if this happened - it very obviously did.

Habib was renditioned to Egypt and tortured = a statement of fact."

Fact? More like a figment of your lunatic muslim loving mind.Show us the PROOF it happened.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #174 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 3:59pm

whatsforme wrote on Jan 12th, 2011 at 3:02pm:
If the above was true who gives a fig.

That's the spirit.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #175 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 7:43pm

whatsforme wrote on Jan 12th, 2011 at 3:02pm:
Habib is a lying parasitic scumbag muslim terrorist that the world could do without.

Can you proove that he is any one of those things?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #176 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 2:30pm

Habib does not need to prove anything now. He was willing to make his case in court. The government was not and paid him out instead. That says it all really.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #177 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 3:06pm

freediver wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 at 2:30pm:
Habib does not need to prove anything now. He was willing to make his case in court. The government was not and paid him out instead. That says it all really.

Habib was also willing and went to bat for the lying scum muslim woman that claimed the police had racially abused her and tried to pull the rag off her head not knowing it was on on camera. That is the lying scum that he is.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #178 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 3:24pm

whatsforme wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 at 3:06pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 at 2:30pm:

Habib was also willing and went to bat for the lying scum muslim woman that claimed the police had racially abused her and tried to pull the rag off her head not knowing it was on on camera. That is the lying scum that he is.

How do you know that he did not believe that she was telling the truth?
I do not see how that puts his honesty in question.

With that one I was not sure myself, there have been cases where that sort of thing has happened.

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #179 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 3:28pm

Habib was also willing and went to bat for the lying scum muslim woman that claimed the police had racially abused her and tried to pull the rag off her head not knowing it was on on camera. That is the lying scum that he is. [/quote]

How do you know that he did not believe that she was telling the truth?
I do not see how that puts his honesty in question.

With that one I was not sure myself, there have been cases where that sort of thing has happened.
[/quote]

Because habib is a muslim. Muslims are compulsive liars.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 
Send Topic Print