Send Topic Print
The mongerel Habib. (Read 15710 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: The mongerel Habib.
Reply #15 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:50am

If you don't extend justice to people you despise, you don't believe in justice at all.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #16 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:15am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:40am:
Quote:
Former Guantanamo Bay detainee Mamdouh Habib has agreed to drop his case to sue the Australian government for aiding and abetting his torture by foreign agents.

You think that maybe had the Howard government not done this maybe there would have been no case against US.

Hey dopey what proof do you have of him being tortured, his word? Habib is a proven LIAR like that piece of crap  muslim woman that said she was racially abused and had her piece of rag on her head removed by a police officer. That was also proven to be false as it was all on video Don't believe me than check it out.

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:18am

freediver wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:50am:
If you don't extend justice to people you despise, you don't believe in justice at all.

Justice would be for him to go back to his arab homeland and fight his battles there but he is way to gutless for that the sniveling bum.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #18 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:21am

whatsforme wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:15am:
Dnarever wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:40am:
Quote:
Former Guantanamo Bay detainee Mamdouh Habib has agreed to drop his case to sue the Australian government for aiding and abetting his torture by foreign agents.

You think that maybe had the Howard government not done this maybe there would have been no case against US.

Hey dopey what proof do you have of him being tortured, his word? Habib is a proven LIAR like that piece of crap  muslim woman that said she was racially abused and had her piece of rag on her head removed by a police officer. That was also proven to be false as it was all on video Don't believe me than check it out.

The treatment of many of these people are on record with rendition etc, the majority of the claims are no longer disputed.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:23am

Dnarever wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:42am:
Quote:
The mongerel Habib.

I would think more a case of the mongrel Howard government allowing and supporting Australians being tortured.

--------------

I am glad you think of this guy as an Australian consider he said right at the begining his reason for being in Pakistan was to find a home as he wanted out of Australia..

besides that where did the Aust govt SUPPORT this supposed torture????

come on dna thats low.. we have gone into bat for the Bali 9 on death row.. it isnt in our culture or our govt to go the torture or death road..

these people were held under the American Terrorist laws..

from memory Howard had numerous talks on Hicks and Co..were they not released under Howards watch??..were they not given every chance in life.. help at every turn I bet Habib is getting free legals as well.

if you sussed your neighbours were doing something illegal like making bombs.....would you tell anyone?? well I am thinking NO I WOULDNT...these people have to actually blow someone up before they can be classed as doing something wrong.. otherwise they sue the crap out of us.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #20 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:30am

whatsforme wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:18am:

Justice would be for him to go back to his arab homeland and fight his battles there but he is way to gutless for that the sniveling bum.

So you want him to support our enemies and try to kill Australian troops?

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #21 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:35am

Thats exactly right. You can't have selective justice based on your personal biases.

The tactics used are the same everywhere, whether it's Hicks or Assange. The first step is to vilify the person so that even if he isn't found guilty of anything it can be said that he"deserved what he got".

None of the the posters here have any personal knowledge of Habib they are purely cheer-leading their political cause. And that's the scary thing. 

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Sir_Bobby

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #22 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:36am

whatsforme wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:18am:

Ohh Whatsforme - you're back.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #23 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:43am

codswal wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:23am:
these people were held under the American Terrorist laws..

No they wern't

They were held in Cuba because the actions being employed were illegal on American soil.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #24 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:52am

If the Australian and USA govts had proof of Habib doing anything illegal when he was in Pakistan they should have arrested, charged and put him on trial in a reasonable time frame.
The fact that he was detained and tortured over a period of years in an attempt to get him to admit to crimes the USA and Australian govt's were hoping he was thinking of committing holds no water in our legal systems or the legal systems of any civilised countries.
We do know that most of the people tortured and detained in Gitmo have ended up being released with no charges laid against them while terrorism in Africa, Asia and the Middle East has increased.
The truth is, the leaders of the Taliban and various terrorist groups took the billions the USA offered to dob in terrorist foot soldiers and handed up a group of no bodies that knew nothing and were more of a danger to themselves than anyone else.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #25 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:53am

codswal wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:23am:
--------------

I am glad you think of this guy as an Australian consider he said right at the begining his reason for being in Pakistan was to find a home as he wanted out of Australia..

He holds an Australian passport and he resides in Australia.

Quote:
besides that where did the Aust govt SUPPORT this supposed torture????

Other governments had asked that their nationals be returned and they were - Australia left our people to rot as part of our policy.

It was clearly know by our government that serious and credable accounts of torture rendition etc were a reality.

Our then government clearly and deliberatly left our people exposed to this situation with the clear knowledge of what was going on.

Quote:
come on dna thats low.. we have gone into bat for the Bali 9 on death row.. it isnt in our culture or our govt to go the torture or death road..

After our federal police had improperly put them there.

No its not our culture - we should not have supported it.

Quote:
from memory Howard had numerous talks on Hicks and Co..were they not released under Howards watch

About 8 years too late and only under extreme pressure from the community.

IP Logged

whatsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 4:30pm

Justice would be for him to go back to his arab homeland and fight his battles there but he is way to gutless for that the sniveling bum. [/quote]

So you want him to support our enemies and try to kill Australian troops? [/quote]

Habib has no balls  and is a sniveling coward as are most of his ilk.

Dnaver so he holds an Aussie passport. That tells you a lot about the lowlife bastard.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #27 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 7:32pm

So you want him to support our enemies and try to kill Australian troops?

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #28 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 7:34pm

Everything about that guy screamed SUSPECTED TERRORIST to me from day 1.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #29 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 7:40pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 7:34pm:
Everything about that guy screamed SUSPECTED TERRORIST to me from day 1.

The Seppo's arrested and deported Yusif Islaml as a suspected terrorist as well, you probably thought the same about him.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Send Topic Print