The floods (Read 40481 times)
FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The floods
Reply #315 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:01pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 2:50pm:
<<It`s a major flood event, Mono Neuronoid >>

The pollies should get their ugly dials off the tv and stop boasting that they are doing something then. In other words stop pretending that they are in control of the situation, because they clearly are not.

you mean GIZZARD AN BLYGH

Sad Sad

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #316 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:16pm

FRED. wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:01pm:

The pollies should get their ugly dials off the tv and stop boasting that they are doing something then. In other words stop pretending that they are in control of the situation, because they clearly are not.

Sad Sad

You may as well add Rudd to that list, sad three they are. All talk and no action.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #317 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:23pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 8:51am:
Life_goes_on wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 8:30am:
Quote:
How can we be so poor in the midst of a mining boom

You'd be surprised at just how little Qld earns from mining royalties - especially from coal. Also the flow on effects from the mining boom in Qld are more limited to regional areas - unlike what has been happening in WA.

When they raised the royalty payments on coal in Qld a couple of years ago, the mining companies screamed blue murder.

yeah! mining boom mining doom. I suppose even a small royalty is worth sending the ADF personnel to the mines instead of using them to get urgent supplies to rural towns that have been without staple food items for a week now. That's capitalism for you, the dollar comes before the people.

pansi.. you have a labor govt in qld and the same in Fed govt..so whats capitalsim got to do with anything???.

all govts like to TAx the hell out of us..some give a bit back but not many and not much... however its what the bloody taxes are spent on thats the thing....when its spent on reports and reports on reports.. we know its going down the drain..oops..up in smoke might be a better way to describe it..lol

at the moment Qld and the Feds for that matter are not getting one cent out of Qld mining...they have many metres of water to pump out of those mines.. but I am almost sure its the Govts and Qldrs who will feel the pinch before the mine barons.

the coal mines in particular will be a long time before they are restored.the waterfront coal loaders will also be affected..truck drivers.. huge industry up there... even the poor little lunch wagons..

everything thats happening up there from now on will be due to the Labor Govts... cant hold anyone else responsible...

balls in your court

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #318 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:26pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:16pm:

Sad Sad

You may as well add Rudd to that list, sad three they are. All talk and no action.

I think rudd was interviewd by George the other night and he didnt draw breath.. just full of himself..but I think he was concerned..arent they all.

IP Logged

Please delete
Gold Member

Please delete this smacking

Reply #319 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:33pm

"the coal mines in particular will be a long time before they are restored.the waterfront coal loaders will also be affected..truck drivers.. huge industry up there... even the poor little lunch wagons.."

Next week, I believe.

IP Logged

qikvtec
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Queensland
Reply #320 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 4:03pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 8:51am:
Life_goes_on wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 8:30am:
Quote:
How can we be so poor in the midst of a mining boom

You'd be surprised at just how little Qld earns from mining royalties - especially from coal. Also the flow on effects from the mining boom in Qld are more limited to regional areas - unlike what has been happening in WA.

When they raised the royalty payments on coal in Qld a couple of years ago, the mining companies screamed blue murder.

yeah! mining boom mining doom. I suppose even a small royalty is worth sending the ADF personnel to the mines instead of using them to get urgent supplies to rural towns that have been without staple food items for a week now. That's capitalism for you, the dollar comes before the people.

Ever tried running a coal fired power station without coal?  It is vitally important to the state and the nation that Queensland's coal fields are operational as quickly as possible.

Politicians and Nappies need to be changed often and for the same reason.

One trouble with political jokes is that they often get elected.

Alan Joyce for PM

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #321 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 7:01pm

thought you might like a laugh pansi...

for those from the doom and gloom parade.. please dont read..

------------
I just got off the phone with a friend living in northern Ipswich, which is bearing the full brunt of the floods.

He said that since early this morning the flood has been nearly waist high and rain is still falling.

The temperature is soaring and the north wind is increasing to near gale force.

His wife has done nothing for hours but look through the kitchen window, and just stare.

He says that if it gets much worse, he may have to let her in.

Despite the inclement conditions The Brisbane Surfing championships went ahead today.

It was a great success but the judges are still arguing about the result - it was won by a bloke from Toowoomba on a wardrobe!

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #322 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 7:03pm

Please delete wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 3:33pm:
"the coal mines in particular will be a long time before they are restored.the waterfront coal loaders will also be affected..truck drivers.. huge industry up there... even the poor little lunch wagons.."

Next week, I believe.

x

seriously???...I am shocked they were talking about how much water is in the mines only yesterday and it was all gloom and doom.. now its next week.. wow.. well that must put a smile on their faces.. not as bad as they make it out to be.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #323 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 7:23pm

I agree with you 100%. The emergency services people, and the army are running the VERY WELL RUN emergency opperations.  The politcians are only in it for the photo opportunities.  I was expecting Anna Bligh to replace the hard hat & safety goggles with flippers & a snorkel.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #324 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 7:46pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 7:23pm:

I agree with you 100%. The emergency services people, and the army are running the VERY WELL RUN emergency opperations.  The politcians are only in it for the photo opportunities.  I was expecting Anna Bligh to replace the hard hat & safety goggles with flippers & a snorkel.

LOL.......the worst part of it is she's got an 82% approval rate that she's handling the emergency response admirably. All I've seen her do so far is a 2 hourly bragging update. The SES, ADF Salvation Army, other charities and the public are the brains and muscle behind the operation not the pollies. They just take the credit.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

Infarction
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #325 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 6:15am

Sad Sad

Serious?

This is the only thing Bligh has ever done that she has done well.

Some people are never going to be happy no matter what they do i suppose.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #326 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 7:33am

Infarction wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 6:15am:

Sad Sad

Serious?

What did Bligh actually do?

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #327 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 8:17am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 7:33am:
Infarction wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 6:15am:

Sad Sad

Serious?

What did Bligh actually do?

had a bit of a cry I heard....however I do think her response has been far far better than gillard...in fact gillard is looking more and more shallow with everything she does and says.. its appalling sorry for all those that cant see any wrong in her.. but she is stiff and always talks in the same schoolmarm way no matter what the subject.. she hasnt got a clue.. not a clue.I get embarrassed everytime she on..she wont last she cant last....Bligh will get a high poll rating out of this.. but she will need to perform very very well from now on to stay there..people are looking for leadership not words words words.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #328 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 8:34am

<<What did Bligh actually do? >>

That's what I would like to know. Since the ADF is a federal department, I don't think Julia would let her order them around too much. As each regional area was hit, it was local authorities and councils that organised the operations, along with MP's, charities and the general public that did the ground work.

Did Anna do something grand in Brissy?

I saw her on the two hourly tv updates, self promoting and shedding the obligatory tear so that she will go down with other famous crying pollies and PM's.

Come on Julia and Tony, if you squeeze your eyes together really tight you should get at least one drop.

Can someone tell us what Anna did (apart from selling our assets).

IP Logged

muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Reply #329 - Jan 15th, 2011 at 8:36am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Jan 15th, 2011 at 8:34am:
<<What did Bligh actually do? >>

That's what I would like to know. Since the ADF is a federal department, I don't think Julia would let her order them around too much. As each regional area was hit, it was local authorities and councils that organised the operations, along with MP's, charities and the general public that did the ground work.

Did Anna do something grand in Brissy?

I saw her on the two hourly tv updates, self promoting and shedding the obligatory tear so that she will go down with other famous crying pollies and PM's.

Come on Julia and Tony, if you squeeze your eyes together really tight you should get at least one drop.

Can someone tell us what Anna did (apart from selling our assets).

Julia was actually grinning for the cameras as she spoke of the tragedy that unfolded. Oh dear.  Roll Eyes

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 
Send Topic Print