Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
an eye-opening analysis of terrorism in Europe (Read 12847 times)
Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: an eye-opening analysis of terrorism in Europe
Reply #30 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:00pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 12:02pm:
Oh. But if we're meant to separate ourselves from the wicked Muslims, why do we travel all the way over to places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the Middle East and countries in Africa to engage with such wickedness?

The US doesn't try very hard to separate themselves from the Saudis, whom it provides military training and weapons to. Or Pakistan, who are closely allied to the US, or the Jordanians or, going back a bit, the Shah of Iran, who the US placed in power and were rather miffed when the Iranians had the nerve to depose him.

You wouldn't think US presidents like Ronald Reagan or devout Christian George W Bush would spit in the face of God, would you?

I'm no theologian, but it seems to me that, instead of separating themselves from wickedness, the US work very hard to engage with it.

But that's just me.

Karnal,
I agree with you, the West has corrupted itself, chasing Mammon and pleasure.

We all have a choice, in how we conduct ourselves in this life.
We all choose.
We all make choices.
In this life, we cannot escape that requirement [to make choices].

BUT, we ourselves, are the 'gatekeepers' of our hearts.
We choose which spirits we allow [invite] into our hearts.
And nobody [and no spirit] can compel us, to join with them.
And no spirit can compel us to do what is evil.

Nobody compels us, or can compel us, to choose the evil.
When we choose the evil, we *ourselves* choose it.

+++

Regards ISLAM, and our tolerance of ISLAM and moslems, within our midst;

If we tolerate evil, and wickedness, in others, WE WILL BECOME EVIL AND WICKED OURSELVES.
.....and today ppl just don't get that truth, IN FACT THEY SEEM TO STRENUOUSLY DENY THAT LOGIC.

When we embrace the concept of 'tolerance', of what is clearly evil,
...we OURSELVES become the evil we tolerate.

i.e.
A good person, cannot tolerate evil, in his/her presence.

i.e.
NO PERSON CAN TOLERATE EVIL, ....UNLESS THAT PERSON IS EVIL.

And our [so called!] 'tolerance' of evil, is not tolerance.

Our 'tolerance' of evil, merely reveals the wickedness which is ALREADY within us!

+++

If we choose to embrace [and be 'tolerant'] those who are wicked,
...we OURSELVES, always become wicked.

e.g.
I have two buckets.
The first bucket is full of clean, fresh water.
The second bucket is full of sewage.

Q.
If i pour both buckets into a third container, what do i get?

A.
A third container, full of diluted sewage.

Conclusion?
While i could safely drink from the 1st bucket, i could *not* safely drink from the 2nd bucket, or the 3rd container.
So it is with evil, that is 'tolerated' by good people.

AND further, we do not 'improve' wicked people, BY BEING TOLERANT, OF THOSE WICKED PEOPLE.

WICKED PEOPLE, are wicked, because they CHOOSE to embrace wickedness.

e.g.
A 'good' moslem.
A moslem, is a person who chooses to embrace a philosophy [ISLAM] which tells moslems that it is 'lawful' for moslems, to kill those who do not believe, as they believe.

+++

No matter how many times we repeat the phrase, "Tolerance is desirable, and good.",
...our tolerance of what is clearly evil, is not a virtue.

Such 'tolerance' is rather, a process, a progression.

Whenever we choose to become tolerant of evil [in our midst], it is certain, as night follows day, that we ourselves, will become evil.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #31 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:16pm

Yadda wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:00pm:
Karnal,

Matthew 6:19
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22  The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23  But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:46pm

Very interesting discussion, Yadda, but you're going to be a very busy bee indeed if you can't tolerate other people's "evil."

Personally, I think one of the hardest parts of practicing ethical/spiritual development is the toleration of "other people's" wickedness. So hard to keep our nose out of other people's business! As you say, what we usually find is that this wickedness exists within ourselves, and this is why we react so strongly to it: "other people's" wickedness is usually a reflection of our own.

However, the first step is not to fight it, but accept it. People always have very good reasons for their wickedness. No one believes that they are evil - they always think that they are fighting someone else's wickedness. Their "evil" stems from a cause they believe to be just.

Hitler, for example, didn't think he was evil by killing Jews. He thought he was good for saving the blood of the Aryan race. Judgements of good and evil are always made by others - and perhaps God - but I guess we find that out later. This is why our own judgements are so pointless: judge not, as ye yourself shall be judged.

But in this world, the cycle continues; people fighting, tit for tat, the wickedness of others, and all of them believing they have right on their side. Gott mit uns. Most of the wickedness in this world stems from retribution, revenge, judgement and blame.

Jesus, however, taught another way. He taught that the Kingdom lies within - not without. The way to salvation is to look within yourself and erradicate the wickedness within your own heart. No one else can do it for you.

I agree. We are the gatekeepers of our own hearts - and no one else's. The first step in erradicating "evil", as you put it, is to observe and understand it. If you just seek to erradicate it, it will return, time and time again.

A more nuanced discussion of good and evil is, insh'allah, a subject for another day. But to erradicate wickedness - in either ourselves or others - we must first learn to understand it.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:51pm

Yadda wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:16pm:
Yadda wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:00pm:
Karnal,

Matthew 6:19
Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:
20  But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
21  For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
22  The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.
23  But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!
24  No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

All good quotes, Yadda. Search within. The real riches are not the trinkets of this world, but come from purifying your own heart.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #34 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 2:06pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 10th, 2011 at 1:46pm:
Very interesting discussion, Yadda, but you're going to be a very busy bee indeed if you can't tolerate other people's "evil."

Personally, I think one of the hardest parts of practicing ethical/spiritual development is the toleration of "other people's" wickedness. So hard to keep our nose out of other people's business! As you say, what we usually find is that this wickedness exists within ourselves, and this is why we react so strongly to it: "other people's" wickedness is usually a reflection of our own.

However, the first step is not to fight it, but accept it. People always have very good reasons for their wickedness. No one believes that they are evil - they always think that they are fighting someone else's wickedness. Their "evil" stems from a cause they believe to be just.

Hitler, for example, didn't think he was evil by killing Jews. He thought he was good for saving the blood of the Aryan race. Judgements of good and evil are always made by others - and perhaps God - but I guess we find that out later. This is why our own judgements are so pointless: judge not, as ye yourself shall be judged.

But in this world, the cycle continues; people fighting, tit for tat, the wickedness of others, and all of them believing they have right on their side. Gott mit uns. Most of the wickedness in this world stems from retribution, revenge, judgement and blame.

Jesus, however, taught another way. He taught that the Kingdom lies within - not without. The way to salvation is to look within yourself and erradicate the wickedness within your own heart. No one else can do it for you.

I agree. We are the gatekeepers of our own hearts - and no one else's. The first step in erradicating "evil", as you put it, is to observe and understand it. If you just seek to erradicate it, it will return, time and time again.

A more nuanced discussion of good and evil is, insh'allah, a subject for another day. But to erradicate wickedness - in either ourselves or others - we must first learn to understand it.

Karnal,

Thank you for your reasoned response.

Humans are imperfect creatures, that is our burden.

And as imperfect creatures, we cannot approach [a holy] God, it is impossible.

But, we can learn, from our errors.

And we can repent our errors, when we are prepared to acknowledge them.

And when we do this in a heartfelt fashion, the spirit of God will try then, to approach us.

God is a spirit being.

God is our creator, and our [spirit] father.

And he is just.

+++

Isaiah 48:17
Thus saith the LORD, thy Redeemer, the Holy One of Israel; I am the LORD thy God which teacheth thee to profit, which leadeth thee by the way that thou shouldest go.

Psalms 25:12
What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall he teach in the way that he shall choose.
13  His soul shall dwell at ease; and his seed shall inherit the earth.
14  The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant.

Psalms 11:4
The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD'S throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.
5  The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth.

Job 28:28
And unto man he said, Behold, the fear of the Lord, that is wisdom; and to depart from evil is understanding.

Proverbs 9:10
The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Psalms 32:1
Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven, whose sin is covered.
Blessed is the man unto whom the LORD imputeth not iniquity, and in whose spirit there is no guile.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #35 - Jan 11th, 2011 at 11:48pm

karnal,

Quote:

However, the first step is not to fight it, but accept it.

Whilst I obviously don't support Yadda's warped and hate-filled definition of evil/wickedness, I do agree with his point that tolerating evil/wickedness is harmful.

Let us just look at your example of Hitler & the Jews. Hitler was evil/wicked, and the world tolerated him, until he murdered millions of people. Should they have just tried harder to accept/tolerate him? Or should they have rejected and tried to prevent him?

What Yadda sadly doesn't realise (due to his fanatical psychosis) is that he is actually the Hitler here. He is the one who is being tolerated, when he is the one who is evil/wicked. And like Hitler, he's convinced himself that he is actually 'cleansing' the world of evil/wickedness, by trying to eradicate a certain race/religion.

So you should be taking Yadda's advice, and not tolerating/accepting this fanatical evil/wickedness that he's peddling. The other option is of course to embrace and accept Yadda's psychosis as normal and acceptable, and then risk him one day being able to carry out his evil/wicked designs for 'cleansing' humanity of races/religions he finds to be impure/wrong.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 1:11pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 11th, 2011 at 11:48pm:
karnal,

Whilst I obviously don't support Yadda's warped and hate-filled definition of evil/wickedness, I do agree with his point that tolerating evil/wickedness is harmful.

Let us just look at your example of Hitler & the Jews. Hitler was evil/wicked, and the world tolerated him, until he murdered millions of people. Should they have just tried harder to accept/tolerate him? Or should they have rejected and tried to prevent him?

What Yadda sadly doesn't realise (due to his fanatical psychosis) is that he is actually the Hitler here. He is the one who is being tolerated, when he is the one who is evil/wicked. And like Hitler, he's convinced himself that he is actually 'cleansing' the world of evil/wickedness, by trying to eradicate a certain race/religion.

So you should be taking Yadda's advice, and not tolerating/accepting this fanatical evil/wickedness that he's peddling. The other option is of course to embrace and accept Yadda's psychosis as normal and acceptable, and then risk him one day being able to carry out his evil/wicked designs for 'cleansing' humanity of races/religions he finds to be impure/wrong.

Maybe, but you're just shifting the blame onto Yadda. As soon as Yadda starts acting on his evil-cleansing fantasies, then yes, I agree that something should be done.

Until then, we're just fantasising about fantasies, and the result of this is just more ignorance and division.

Sadly, Yadda's neurosis IS normal (although not yet psychosis), but a solution that seeks to condemn, ban or banish won't do anything but place it further underground. See how easily racism can come to the surface and how hard it is to erradicate. See how quickly the Hitlers and Pauline Hansons of the world can rise and fall.

The same exists in the mind. Yadda won't change unless he sees the benefits that come from people with different views to himself, and he won't see this if he is merely forced to recant - either by the sword or social exclusion. A truth, I think, can only be replaced with another truth. Things that exist can't be destroyed, just changed. Yadda needs to see for himself that there are good Muslims, and that Islam is not inherently evil.

Will he? Maybe. A number of born-again Christians have changed teams. But the point is not to change teams but get out of the blame-game entirely.

Of course Hitler should have been prevented. However, Hitler can be seen as part of a larger crisis in Western thought, a crisis of science, technology and social engineering that, in Australia, saw Aboriginal children placed in white institutions and in America, saw race laws and forced sterilization of people with disabilities. Hitler can also be seen in an economic context: Germany, a world manufacturing centre, had been scapegoated for WWI, but had the resources and technology to arm itself for WWII. The belief that Hitler was a rogue agent of evil - or that the rest of the Western world did not practice many of the same policies - is a myth.

In essence, Hitler was one of us.

Dividing the world into wickedness/evil on the one side, and right or pure on the other is the cause of many problems in the world. At present, I blame fundamentalism, but I realize that I'm guilty of the same thing myself. Making judgements is tough. Often, we make the wrong judgements automatically because we follow our instincts.

Without understanding, of course, our instincts are almost always wrong.

To make sound judgements, you need to look at the causes of the problem, and this requires empathy for people who's ideas (or race, creed or religion) you might not like. Jesus taught people to love their enemies, and a mistake many Christians make is to do exactly the opposite. Jesus wasn't speaking in riddles or providing a metaphor here, I believe this teaching goes to the heart of his message and purpose in the world. Jesus wanted his followers to love their enemies - not in theory, but in practice.

I'm not a Christian (and nor was Jesus or his disciples), but there are teachings in all religions that are valuable. Islam teaches submission to God, and I think that this is Islam's value. All religions have something to offer if you want to improve yourself, rather than the usual instinct to try to get others (or the world) to change for you.

All religions have inconsistencies too, but there's no point expecting religion to change. It is what it is: a range of ideas and practical ways for people to change themselves and understand who they truly are. The mistake many make is to think that religion itself is the truth. However, the real truth is the realization you get from practicing the teachings of religion. Mere belief means nothing. Whether it's Allah and His prophet or Jesus or Krishna consiousness or whatever, these are only conduits to the actual experience of God.

We are all fanatics. The trick is to realize this and do something about it - much easier said than done!
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2011 at 1:21pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #37 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 1:45pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 12th, 2011 at 1:11pm:

The same exists in the mind. Yadda won't change unless he sees the benefits that come from people with different views to himself, and he won't see this if he is merely forced to recant - either by the sword or social exclusion. A truth, I think, can only be replaced with another truth. Things that exist can't be destroyed, just changed. Yadda needs to see for himself that there are good Muslims, and that Islam is not inherently evil.

Where is the 'engagement' in ethics, and with reason, and with the modern world,  ....by moslem communities?

And by individual moslems, living within non-moslem host nations ???

Where are the spokesmen for moslem communities, who are PUBLICLY condemning so called 'honor' killings, which occur frequently in Western host nations?

Google
honor killings UK

Where are the spokesmen for moslem communities who are PUBLICLY condemning those conspiracies by those identifying themselves as good moslems, whop are seeking 'terror' killings, which occur infrequently in Western host nations?

INSTEAD, from within the 'peaceful' moslem communities [living within non-moslem host nations], comes only a complicit deafening silence, OR, comes the moslem communities typical 'defence', of the moslem status quo,
'ISLAM is Peace'.

And statements like,
...'In their criticising ISLAM and the actions of some moslems, non-moslems are ignorant people, and non-moslems clearly mis-understand ISLAM's meritorious qualities.'

Where are the sermons within mosques, which PUBLICLY condemn ISLAM's intolerance, of those things which are un-ISLAMIC?

There are no such criticisms.

Why not?

Because self criticism with ISLAM, is deemed to be un-ISLAMIC, and such behaviour would be a criminal act, against the moslem community itself.

And i maintain,
There are no moderate moslems, because all moslems live in terror of, and subjugated by, an intolerant, intimidating, violent ISLAM.

There are no moderate moslems, because THERE IS NO MODERATE ISLAM.

I stand to be corrected.

Moslems, all moslems, are in bondage, to ISLAM.

And in the eyes of most moslems, THAT CIRCUMSTANCE, IS EXACTLY AS IT SHOULD BE.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Jan 12th, 2011 at 2:21pm

Abu is in a much better position to answer this than me, but my own answer is that there ARE Muslims who disagree with militant Islam - they just don't put them on Talkback radio.

I've met them, and I've heard them say that Islam preaches against murder of the innocent, and I've heard them say that they disagree with the murder of the innocent, and yes, I've heard them condemn terrorism in the name of Islam.

So they exist.

I'm not sure if they're in a minority or not - I have also heard of Muslims who cheered when 9/11 happened. Just as I've heard of Christians who scoffed when the Pakistani floods killed thousands, or suggested that it was God's work.

It's possible, of course, that you may be right. I haven't heard of strong Muslim leadership against Islamic terrorism, but to be honest, I really don't know.

However, the engagement of ethics and reason and the modern world within Muslim communities is - on the whole - a lot more intense within Muslim communities than in secular ones.

As a non-Muslim, I certainly have no reason to preach Muslim propaganda. This is just my observation.

You don't need to be corrected. You have a belief. This belief will neither save you or assist you in any way. It will not help with your relationship with God, Jesus or other people - if anything, your belief only stands in the way of these things.

If you believe Jesus, the only way you can develop is to remove the beam in your own eye, and not the motes in others.
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2011 at 2:32pm by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #39 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 9:53pm

I forget whether it was Abu or Malik, but one of them basically explained that they oppose 'terrorism' because it is not done properly. You need to have a proper Islamic state, and wait until you are in a position to win, then do the whole terrorism thing properly.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #40 - Jan 13th, 2011 at 11:16pm

Sounds more like one of your misconstrued little fantasies.. anyway back to the real world..

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 12:25pm

freediver wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 at 9:53pm:
I forget whether it was Abu or Malik, but one of them basically explained that they oppose 'terrorism' because it is not done properly. You need to have a proper Islamic state, and wait until you are in a position to win, then do the whole terrorism thing properly.

Abu is a literalist. Many converts are. However, not all Muslims are fundamentalists.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #42 - Jan 14th, 2011 at 12:48pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 14th, 2011 at 12:25pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 13th, 2011 at 9:53pm:

Abu is a literalist. Many converts are. However, not all Muslims are fundamentalists.

Karnal,
Your assertion is totally illogical.

Karnal,
If what you assert were true, THEN, it logically follows, that not all those persons who refer to themselves as moslems, are moslems [as per being defined 'moslem', by ISLAM, and ISLAM's own foundation texts].

e.g.

"Sovereignty Belongs Unconditionally and Always To Allah"

"One Cannot Be a Muslim, and Secular"

Google it.

May 23, 2007
Turkish PM Erdogan in Speech During Term As Istanbul Mayor Attacks Turkey's Constitution, Describing it As 'A Huge Lie':
'Sovereignty Belongs Unconditionally and Always To Allah';
'One Cannot Be a Muslim, and Secular'
http://memri.org/bin/latestnews.cgi?ID=SD159607
http://www.jihadwatch.org/archives/016569.php

FURTHER evidence which supports my logic;

A moslem cannot be a moslem without harbouring a deep hatred, and enmity for all non-moslems, ESPECIALLY JEWS.

THAT, is ISLAMIC doctrine, based on Koranic texts;

1/    Koran 2.98 - "...Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith." [i.e. 'Unbelief' is a crime.].
[ - - The enemy of moslems is identified. All of 'unbelieving' mankind, are the declared enemy of moslems.]

2/    Koran 47:8-11 - "...those who reject Allah have no protector."
[ - - Here, it is clearly stated to every good moslem, that moslem enmity, violence, and warfare, against 'those who reject Faith', is morally justified, and 'lawful'. /sarc off]

3/    Koran 4.74-76 - "...those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil:..."
[ - - Those who reject 'Faith' are ipso facto, 'rightly' deemed as being innately evil by ISLAM, and by Allah. Therefore those who reject 'Faith', are the rightful targets of moslem enmity, violence, and warfare.
...'those who reject Faith' are also described [Koran 4.74-76], as 'oppressors' and as, 'the friends of Satan'.]

And of course, the corollary of point #3, that, "...those who reject Faith Fight in the cause of Evil:...", is therefore point #1, "...Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith.".

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 11:39am

Yadda, there are schools and sects of Islam that are not fundamentalist - that seek a direct understanding of Allah over the literal interpretation of texts. There are many Muslim writers and poets and artists, going back to the birth of Islam. In India, for example, many Muslim poets are celebrated within their secular canon, and these works say nothing of the Koran, or Mohammed, or laws dictated from above.

I'm not sure what you mean by totally illogical. There are many Muslim works that do not mention Allah. Islam is obviously not a secular tradition - but it has produced many writers and thinkers who don't explicitly talk about God.

I'm trying to remember if Kahlil Gibran's The Prophet mentions God - I don't think it does. It certainly says nothing about Islam, or the Koran, or Mohammed.

I'm arguing that, in essence, Islam seeks to go beyond a literalist understanding of God, and this is why images of God are forbidden. In Islam, only words are allowed to express God, and even here, the limitations of text in expressing the Almighty are clearly understood. I believe that this is designed to foster a personal understanding of God - and that this is the aim of Islam.

It's easy, of course, to view history from our own viewpoint, but to understand, we need to look at the whole of history and look beyond our narrow band of time and frame of reference - post-9/11, for example. Islam has definately taken a fundamentalist turn over the last 50 years or so, but Islamic thought stretches way beyond this.

Likewise, it wasn't too long ago that Christians practiced fasting and meditation and techniques designed to foster direct communion with God. Within Christianity, much of this has been abandoned in favour of mass rallies, quick conversions, tele-evangelism and a literal (quick and easy) interpretation of Biblical texts - quantity over quality. Like Islam, Christianity has taken a fundamentalist turn, and I'd argue that this is a phenomenon directly related to major shifts in technology, information dissemination, global trade and industrialisation.

Islam and Christianity are both part of the same monothiestic tradition. They use different ways and teachings to come to the same God. They might be opposed on many issues, but in the end, this is only our worldly understanding of something that is not so easily conceptualised: God.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #44 - Jan 17th, 2011 at 3:13pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 17th, 2011 at 11:39am:
Yadda, there are schools and sects of Islam that are not fundamentalist - that seek a direct understanding of Allah over the literal interpretation of texts. There are many Muslim writers and poets and artists, going back to the birth of Islam. In India, for example, many Muslim poets are celebrated within their secular canon, and these works say nothing of the Koran, or Mohammed, or laws dictated from above.

I'm not sure what you mean by totally illogical. There are many Muslim works that do not mention Allah. Islam is obviously not a secular tradition - but it has produced many writers and thinkers who don't explicitly talk about God.

Then in what sense are those people moslems ???

Karnal,
If you learn of, and become aware that the 'source' of information about ISLAM [from within ISLAM] is going to lie to you, and present a false narrative [about ISLAM] to you, then if you want correct [and verifiable] information, shouldn't you seriously discount, or at least be very sceptical of the veracity of that information, which coming from within ISLAM itself [when 'speaking' to non-moslems]???

Two points;

#1,
There is no moderate ISLAM.

#2,
ISLAM itself, defines who is a moslem.

+++
Karnal,
It is ISLAM itself, which defines who is a moslem.

Not you, and not those who may claim that they can define themselves as 'moslem', or may choose to refer to themselves as 'moslems'.

To be moslem, a person must accept the doctrines of ISLAM.
Doctrines which insist that it is 'legal' of moslems, to murder anyone who will not submit to ISLAM, and to murder anyone who renounces his faith [in ISLAM].
Doctrines which promote deception as an act of Jihad, against those non-moslems who are too strong [atm] to subjugate.

THOSE ARE FACTS.
AND, within that definition of, 'anyone' [who can legally be killed], is also included ppl who call themselves moslems, but live an un-ISLAMIC lifestyle.

ISLAMIC law texts declare whom moslems can lawfully kill,
....i.e. 'unbelievers'.

"Ibn 'Abbas reported that the Prophet said: "The bare essence of Islam and the basics of the religion are three [acts], upon which Islam has been established. Whoever leaves one of them becomes an unbeliever and his blood may legally be spilled. [The acts are:] Testifying that there is no God except Allah, the obligatory prayers, and the fast of Ramadan."...."
law/fiqhussunnah/fus3_50
www site...
http://www.islamonline.net/English/Ramadan/1424/10/fiqhi_issues/Rulings_of_Fasti...

n.b. "Whoever......becomes an unbeliever.....his blood may legally be spilled."

The Koran.....

"Believers, obey Allah, and obey the Messenger! Those who disbelieve and hinder men from the Cause of Allah, He will not pardon. Do not falter; become faint-hearted, or weak-kneed, crying for peace. You have the upper hand.
Koran 47.33-35
i.e. 'Those who disbelieve' they are the enemies of Allah, kill them.
When you have the upper hand, slay them.

The Hadith,
"...If somebody (a moslem) discards his religion, kill him."
bukhari/ #004.052.260

+++

The TRUTH is, that ALL OVER THE WORLD, 'secular moslems' are the 'captives' of fundamentalist moslems, within their own communities.
'Secular moslems' are in 'bondage'  to the fundamentalist moslems.

That is why 'secular moslems' NEVER criticise those fundamentalist moslems WHO ARE WITHIN THEIR OWN COMMUNITIES.
'Secular moslems' within their own moslem communities, have the moral compunction of worms.
They are people who, when they see wickedness before their own eyes, say nothing.

Google;
mohammed silence is consent

+++
Google;
Cleric warns of "alienation" of moslem community

Google;
Muslim cleric calls sentences for convicted Aussie jihadists "harsh," warns of "alienation" of Muslim community

In the way of Jihad, in the way of ISLAM, moslems are taught to project their own guilt, onto their intended victims.
i.e.
According to the moslem community it is always the actions of 'unbelievers', who cause 'radicalisation' within the 'moderate' moslem community.
'Radicalisation' within the moslem community is, NEVER THE FAULT OF ISLAM ITSELF.

And why ???

BECAUSE, ISLAM promotes a culture of zero accountability for moslems/ISLAM, whenever there arises some matter of 'conflict' with non-moslems.
Within the moslem community, moslems always promote the idea, that the moslem community is ALWAYS righteous/good.
Whereas, it is the un-ISLAMIC [non-moslem] host community, which 'oppress' moslems, with their, 'intolerance', for insisting that moslems must live by, and be judged by 'unjust' non-moslem laws.

+++
I intend to reply to your other points.
Perhaps tomorrow.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print