Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
an eye-opening analysis of terrorism in Europe (Read 12846 times)
mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Re: an eye-opening analysis of terrorism in Europe
Reply #15 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 11:12am

It is nice to see you being serious Karnal, and while I love people injecting a bit of humour into their posts, it is also nice to see you just plainly saying what you really mean sometimes.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #16 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 11:15am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 11:03am:
Quotes that justify the rebuking of wickedness. Well, rebuke away (again, and again, and again).

I thought Jesus came to do away with all that rebuking, Yadda.

John 18:36
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37  Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

John 3:19
And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20  For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21  But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

"....lest his deeds should be reproved."

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #17 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 7:05pm

Just love your neighbour, turn the other cheek and mind your own business.

That's what your religion is about Yadda, so forget about Muslims, let them have this earthly domain, since your kingdom is not of it.

It seems you're in conflict with yourself, unable to actually decide whether you are of the flesh or the spirit.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #18 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 1:14pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 7:05pm:
Just love your neighbour, turn the other cheek and mind your own business.

That's what your religion is about Yadda, so forget about Muslims, let them have this earthly domain, since your kingdom is not of it.

It seems you're in conflict with yourself, unable to actually decide whether you are of the flesh or the spirit.

Abu,
You are correct.
I am conflicted, living in this world of wickedness.
I am a human being.

And in contrast to myself, Jesus the Christ asked the Father to forgive those who were executing him.

Luke 23:34
Then said Jesus, Father, forgive them; for they know not what they do.....

I am happy to admit, that i am very far below the person of Christ Jesus.

Will my God forgive me for my error Abu?

p.s.
But hey Abu!, at least i am not a Kuffar, eh! ;    Wink

Quote:
Kafir is not derogatory, it merely means "one who covers/conceals [the truth about God]",...

"KFC employee loses it when customer asks for bacon"
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1294224584/6#6

Abu,
Didn't you know Abu, that if the people of "Ancient Israel was intolerant of goyim", and persecuted non-Hebrews [i.e. 'goyim'], that they would be serious covenant breakers, in the eyes of their God?
And would be worthy of death, themselves, as covenant breakers!

as expounded here;
http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1294224584/11#11

What is the truth Abu ???

1/ Did you know [...but misrepresented the ancient Israelis] ?

OR;

2/ Did you NOT know that the ancient Israelis would be covenant breakers if they killed or persecuted 'goyim' ???

Which is it Abu?

+++

Deuteronomy 10:17-19
For the LORD your God... loveth the stranger, ...Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:33
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
34  But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself...

And, taking all of these facts into account Abu, between us two Abu, who is the real Kuffar ???

"kuffar" = = "...an Arabic word meaning.....[an unbeliever] a person....who hides, denies, or covers the truth."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuffar

I am not the one who has to lie, or deceive, OR, to hide, or deny, or cover the truth,
....to 'protect' my faith in the one true God.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #19 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 2:30pm

Quote:
Didn't you know Abu, that if the people of "Ancient Israel was intolerant of goyim", and persecuted non-Hebrews [i.e. 'goyim'], that they would be serious covenant breakers, in the eyes of their God?

Did you know that the term 'goy' figuratively is used to refer to a swarm of locusts or any other bothersome animals?

Let us examine a few of the usages of the term goy in the Judeo-Christian Bible.

The goy are to be the slaves of the Hebrew:
Both thy bondmen, and thy bondmaids, which thou shalt have, [shall be] of the heathen
(translated from goyim)
that are round about you; of them shall ye buy bondmen and bondmaids.  (Leviticus 25:44)

The goy commit abominations and were cast out by God:
But he walked in the way of the kings of Israel, yea, and made his son to pass through the fire, according to the abominations of the heathen
(translated from goyim)
, whom the LORD cast out from before the children of Israel. (2 Kings 16:3)

God had destroyed the goy:
So Manasseh made Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem to err, [and] to do worse than the heathen
(translated from goyim)
, whom the LORD had destroyed before the children of Israel. (2 Chronicles 33:9)

The filthy goy:
And the children of Israel, which were come again out of captivity, and all such as had separated themselves unto them from the filthiness of the heathen
(translated from goyim)
of the land, to seek the LORD God of Israel, did eat, (Ezra 6:21)

The goy are wicked transgressors who do not deserve mercy:
Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen
(translated from goyim)
: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah. (Psalms 59:5)

The goy should be laughed at and derided:
But thou, O LORD, shalt laugh at them; thou shalt have all the heathen
(translated from goyim)
in derision. (Pslams 59:8)

The goy shall have vengeance executed upon them:
To execute vengeance upon the heathen
(translated from goyim)
, [and] punishments upon the people; (Pslams 149:7)

The goy should have the fury of God poured upon them, and their families:
Pour out thy fury upon the heathen
(translated from goyim)
 that know thee not, and upon the families that call not on thy name: for they have eaten up Jacob, and devoured him, and consumed him, and have made his habitation desolate. (Jeremiah 10:25)

The goy were to be threshed, for they are the house of the wicked:

Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen
(translated from goyim)
in anger. Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, [even] for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah. Thou didst strike through with his staves the head of his villages: they came out as a whirlwind to scatter me: their rejoicing [was] as to devour the poor secretly. (Habakkuk 3:12-14)

God will smite the goy, because they don't keep a certain feast:
And if the family of Egypt go not up, and come not, that [have] no [rain]; there shall be the plague, wherewith the LORD will smite the heathen
(translated from goyim)
that come not up to keep the feast of tabernacles. (Zechariah 14:18)

God sends prophets _against_ the goy, not to guide them (as Islam did for the kuffar):
The word of the LORD which came to Jeremiah the prophet against the Gentiles
(translated from goyim)
; (Jeremiah 46:1)

Don't defile yourselves like the dirty goy are defiled:
Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations
(translated from goyim)
are defiled which I cast out before you: (Leviticus 18:24)

The goy are so filthy and defile everything, that even the land spews them out:
That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations
(translated from goyim)
that [were] before you. (Leviticus 18:28)

God will cast out all the goy, so Israel can take their place (nothing much has changed has it?):
When the LORD thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possess it, and hath cast out many nations
(translated from goyim)
before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites, seven nations greater and mightier than thou; (Deuteronomy 7:1)

God commands Israel to cross the Jordan and to boot out the goy (again old habits die hard):
Hear, O Israel: Thou [art] to pass over Jordan this day, to go in to possess nations greater and mightier than thyself, cities great and fenced up to heaven, (Deuteronomy 9:1)

And the list goes on, and on, and on.

You see there's one striking difference between the term 'goy' and the term 'kaafir' that you fail to recognise Yadda (I know you see it, but your blackened heart prevents you from recognising it). Kaafir is a spiritual word, which designates a spiritual state (or lack thereof) according to someone's rejection of God. Whilst goy is an ethnic/racial term used by racial supremacists to denigrate the 'other'.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #20 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 3:22pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 2:30pm:
Did you know that the term 'goy' figuratively is used to refer to a swarm of locusts or any other bothersome animals?

Let us examine a few of the usages of the term goy in the Judeo-Christian Bible.

The goy are wicked transgressors who do not deserve mercy:
Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen
(translated from goyim)
: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah. (Psalms 59:5)

And the list goes on, and on, and on.

You see there's one striking difference between the term 'goy' and the term 'kaafir' that you fail to recognise Yadda (I know you see it, but your blackened heart prevents you from recognising it). Kaafir is a spiritual word, which designates a spiritual state (or lack thereof) according to someone's rejection of God. Whilst goy is an ethnic/racial term used by racial supremacists to denigrate the 'other'.

Psalms 59:5
Thou therefore, O LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel, awake to visit all the heathen: be not merciful to any wicked transgressors. Selah.

Abu,
In the verses you quote, e.g., your emphasis is placed upon God's wrath upon the heathen "(translated from goyim)".

I would argue that the true meaning, and cause, of God's wrath, is upon, "...any wicked transgressors."

e.g.
In the books of Moses, it is made very clear, WHY the inhabitants of the land were hated by the God of Israel.
i.e.
Not because those inhabitants of the land, were not Hebrews,
...but because the inhabitants of the land, were very wicked people [in God's eyes].

e.g.
Leviticus 18:26
Ye shall therefore keep my statutes and my judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations; neither any of your own nation, nor any stranger that sojourneth among you:
27  (For all these abominations have the men of the land done, which were before you, and the land is defiledWink
28  That the land spue not you out also, when ye defile it, as it spued out the nations that were before you.

And, the inhabitants of the land were hated by the God of Israel, NOT, because they were 'heathen' [...i.e. people without knowledge of God].

This is easy to prove.
In the verses i produced previously, relating to how the Hebrews were commanded to treat 'heathens', or strangers [i.e. Godless people] who sojourned among the Hebrews;

The God of Israel is NOT a God who hates 'heathens'  [...i.e. people without knowledge of God].

The God of Israel IS a God who hates WICKEDNESS in mankind,
...no matter who they are, Hebrew, OR, 'heathen'.

+++

Read it in the OT books of Moses, there was NO sanction [penalty], specifically, against being a non-Hebrew, a 'heathen', or a person without knowledge of God.

e.g.
The Hebrew Torah law [the covenant the Hebrews had with God] is very clear about how Hebrews must treat strangers ['unbelievers', i.e. 'heathens'] living among the Hebrews;

Deuteronomy 10:17-19
For the LORD your God... loveth the stranger, ...Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

Leviticus 19:33
And if a stranger sojourn with thee in your land, ye shall not vex him.
34  But the stranger that dwelleth with you shall be unto you as one born among you, and thou shalt love him as thyself...

All these texts from the books of Moses refer to the treatment of STRANGERS [i.e. 'unbelievers' ];
Exodus 12:49
Exodus 22:21
Exodus 23:9
Deuteronomy 1:16
Deuteronomy 24:17, 18

and,
Deuteronomy 27:19
Cursed be he that perverteth the judgment of the stranger...

+++

God chose the Hebrews, and gave them his laws, so that God's laws would/could guide them into all righteousness.

That they, the children of Israel, would be a light unto other men.

Moses;

Deuteronomy 4:5
Behold, I have taught you statutes and judgments, even as the LORD my God commanded me, that ye should do so in the land whither ye go to possess it.
6  Keep therefore and do them; for this is your wisdom and your understanding in the sight of the nations, which shall hear all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and understanding people.
7  For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh unto them, as the LORD our God is in all things that we call upon him for?
And what nation is there so great, that hath statutes and judgments so righteous as all this law, which I set before you this day?

But, the Hebrews were mere men, and they corrupted themselves, as God knew that they would.

Deuteronomy 9:4
Speak not thou in thine heart, after that the LORD thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousness the LORD hath brought me in to possess this land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD doth drive them out from before thee.
Not for thy righteousness, or for the uprightness of thine heart, dost thou go to possess their land: but for the wickedness of these nations the LORD thy God doth drive them out from before thee, and that he may perform the word which the LORD sware unto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
6  Understand therefore, that the LORD thy God giveth thee not this good land to possess it for thy righteousness; for thou art a stiffnecked people.

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 4:50pm

Ah - so it's our job to weed out the wicked. Well, the only quote I can offer to this important ethical discussion is this:

Kill em all, let God sort em out.

At least we can all agree on that.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #22 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:22pm

Btw forgot this little pearler.

Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations (goyim) which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree: And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place. (Deuteronomy 12:2-3)

When the good Bible-following believer takes over the lands of the goy, then he should destroy their places of worship. Kind of sheds some light on why there's churches in the Muslim world which are thousands of years old, yet not a single Mosque in the Christian world over 100-200 years old (except those converted into churches).

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:43pm

What's that mosque in Istanbul called? The one that used to house the Byzantine Chapel?

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #24 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:44pm

Now compare this to the way Muhammad (pbuh) dealt with followers of other religions, and their sacred places.

In 628 AD, a delegation from St. Catherine's Monastery came to Prophet Muhammad and requested his protection. He responded by granting them a charter of rights. St. Catherine's Monastery is located at the foot of Mt. Sinai and is the world's oldest monastery. It possess a huge collection of Christian manuscripts, second only to the Vatican, and is a world heritage site. It also boasts the oldest collection of Christian icons. It is a treasure house of Christian history that has remained safe for 1,400 years under Muslim protection.

The Letter Reads:

This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them.

Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.

Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.

The Muslims are to fight for them.

If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.

No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world).

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:46pm

Muslims aren't perfect, just forgiven.

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #26 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:50pm

Quote:
What's that mosque in Istanbul called? The one that used to house the Byzantine Chapel?

Aya Sofia? It's not a mosque. It's a museum, dedicated to Kemalist secularism.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 9:44pm

abu_rashid wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 8:50pm:
Quote:

Aya Sofia? It's not a mosque. It's a museum, dedicated to Kemalist secularism.

Ah - thank you!

Not very religious, that secularism.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #28 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 10:46am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 8th, 2011 at 4:50pm:
Ah - so it's our job to weed out the wicked. Well, the only quote I can offer to this important ethical discussion is this:

Kill em all, let God sort em out.

At least we can all agree on that.

Nice try.

Karnal,

The Jewish people today, are the only identifiable remnant of the people who entered into a covenant with God, the God of Israel.

Do you identify YOURSELF, with the people who made a covenant with God, to cleanse his land [and, a very specific area of land] by killing the wicked inhabitants ????

"...And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel.
And Moses came and called for the elders of the people, and laid before their faces all these words which the LORD commanded him.
And all the people answered together, and said, All that the LORD hath spoken we will do...."
Exodus 19:5-8

Today, we [Christians, unlike Jews] have no sanction from God to kill the wicked.
But nations of men do as they please [i.e. men do what pleases them, irrespective of the morality of their actions].
And i am guilty too, myself, of often doing what pleases me.

God's requirement was ALWAYS for good people [people who obeyed God's moral laws] to separate themselves from wicked people [those people who wantonly broke God's moral laws].

But, where wicked people tried to impose themselves upon the Hebrews, and to take hold of, and to possess, what was holy, i.e. God's 'holy land', the Hebrews were sanctioned by God, to kill those wicked persons.

+++

The primary sanction given to the Hebrew people who entered into a covenant with God, was
1/ to seek to be be holy [as God required of them], AND,
2/ it was their 'function' and purpose, to prevent the wicked from taking hold of, and possess, what was holy [to God].

The violence that we read about, in the OT Bible, was justified by God, against those who, being [spiritually] unclean [i.e. morally wicked], sought to take hold of, and to possess, what was holy [to God].
i.e.
God's holy land, was given ['promised'] to a holy people, or at least, given to a people who were covenanted to maintain their holiness [their sanctified condition] before their [holy] God.

Hence the need for God's chosen people, to destroy the unholy [wicked] nations and people, who were in possession of God's 'holy land'.

Those who regard themselves as God's people were to ALWAYS, to seek to separate themselves from wicked men.

And those who refer to themselves as Christians today should ALSO, seek to separate themselves from wicked people.

Leviticus 20:24
...I am the LORD your God, which have separated you from other people.

Leviticus 20:26
And ye shall be holy unto me: for I the LORD am holy, and have severed you from other people, that ye should be mine.

Deuteronomy 7:6
For thou art an holy people unto the LORD thy God: the LORD thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people unto himself, above all people that are upon the face of the earth.

+++

And 'to separate themselves', is still a requirement, of God's people,

2 Corinthians 6:16
And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
17  Wherefore come out from among them, and be ye separate, saith the Lord, and touch not the unclean thing; and I will receive you,
18  And will be a Father unto you, and ye shall be my sons and daughters, saith the Lord Almighty.

Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

+++
A Holy people.
The Holy land.
A Holy spirit [God's spirit].
...on a spiritual level these concepts are all connected with each other.

And those things speak not [only] of the past, but of what is coming.

And we have no excuse [of our ignorance] to protect us today.

Leviticus 4:27
And if any one of the common people sin through ignorance, while he doeth somewhat against any of the commandments of the LORD concerning things which ought not to be done, and be guilty;
28  Or if his sin, which he hath sinned, come to his knowledge: then he shall bring his offering, a kid of the goats, a female without blemish, for his sin which he hath sinned.
29  And he shall lay his hand upon the head of the sin offering, and slay the sin offering in the place of the burnt offering.

Today, we have no excuse [for our continued spiritual wickedness].
We have spat in the face of God.
We have counted as nothing his offered mercy, and his offered sacrifice [for sin], given for us.

Numbers 15:30
But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the LORD; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people.
31  Because he hath despised the word of the LORD, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him.

A Holy people.
The Holy land.
A Holy spirit [God's spirit].

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #29 - Jan 10th, 2011 at 12:02pm

Oh. But if we're meant to separate ourselves from the wicked Muslims, why do we travel all the way over to places like Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the Middle East and countries in Africa to engage with such wickedness?

The US doesn't try very hard to separate themselves from the Saudis, whom it provides military training and weapons to. Or Pakistan, who are closely allied to the US, or the Jordanians or, going back a bit, the Shah of Iran, who the US placed in power and were rather miffed when the Iranians had the nerve to depose him.

You wouldn't think US presidents like Ronald Reagan or devout Christian George W Bush would spit in the face of God, would you?

I'm no theologian, but it seems to me that, instead of separating themselves from wickedness, the US work very hard to engage with it.

But that's just me.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print