Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print
an eye-opening analysis of terrorism in Europe (Read 12790 times)
abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

an eye-opening analysis of terrorism in Europe
Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:30pm

The not so great Islamist menace

By Dan Gardner
January 4, 2011

If someone mentioned terrorism in Europe, you would probably have an idea about the size of the threat and who’s responsible.

It’s big, you would think. And growing. As for who’s responsible, that’s obvious. It’s Muslims. Or if you’re a little more careful with your language, it’s radical Muslims, or “Islamists.”

After all, they were at it again just in the past month. On Dec. 11, a 28-year-old naturalized Swede originally from Iraq injured two people when he blew himself up on the way to a shopping district. And on Dec. 29, police in Denmark said they thwarted a plan by five Muslims to storm the office of a Danish newspaper and kill as many people as possible.

So the danger is big and growing, and Islamists are the source. Right?

Wrong, actually.

The European Union’s Terrorism Situation and Trend Report 2010 states that in 2009 there were “294 failed, foiled, or successfully executed attacks” in six European countries. This was down almost one-third from the total in 2008 and down by almost one-half from the total in 2007.

So in most of Europe, there was no terrorism. And where there was terrorism, the trend line pointed down

As for who’s responsible, forget Islamists. The overwhelming majority of the attacks— 237 of 294 — were carried out by separatist groups, such as the Basque ETA. A further 40 terrorists schemes were pinned on leftist and/or anarchist terrorists. Rightists were responsible for four attacks. Single-issue groups were behind two attacks, while responsibility for a further 10 was not clear.

Islamists? They were behind a grand total of one attack. Yes, one. Out of 294 attacks. In a population of half a billion people. To put that in perspective, the same number of attacks was committed by the Comité d’Action Viticole, a French group that wants to stop the importation of foreign wine.

Now, I don’t want to overdo the point. Europe has major problems with the integration of its Muslim populations and the threat of Islamist terrorism is real. It’s also important to note that the number of attacks does not indicate the full extent of the danger, since Islamists, unlike most terrorists, seek to commit indiscriminate slaughter.

But even with these caveats, the data clearly demonstrate that common perceptions about terrorism in Europe are wrong. To see why that matters, think back to 2005.

When rioting exploded in France’s heavily-immigrant suburbs, many conservative pundits dismissed claims that the violence had something to do with poverty, unemployment, and exclusion. No, what mattered is that the rioters were Muslim.

“This is an early skirmish in the Eurabian civil war,” wrote Mark Steyn in the Daily Telegraph. “If the insurgents emerge emboldened, what next? In five years’ time, there will be even more of them, and even less resolve on the part of the French state. That, in turn, is likely to accelerate the demographic decline. Europe could face a continentwide version of the “white flight” phenomenon seen in crime-ridden American cities during the 1970s, as Danes and Dutch scram to America, Australia, or anywhere else that will take them.”

Steyn noted that his gloomy British readers often sent him e-mails that ended with the observation “fortunately I won’t live to see it.” Steyn snatched away even this cold comfort. “As France this past fortnight reminds us, the changes in Europe are happening far faster than most people thought,” he wrote. “Unless you’re planning on croaking immediately, you will live to see it.”

In 2006, Steyn expanded his jeremiad into the book America Alone. It was a huge hit, a New York Times bestseller, and its influence among conservatives — Americans in particular — is hard to overstate. Even George W. Bush is a fan. In Republican and Tea Party circles, Steyn’s vision of an enfeebled, infertile Europe overrun by fecund, violent Muslims is almost a truism.

But half a decade has passed since Steyn declared the outbreak of the “Eurabian civil war.” And yet, there are no waves of bombings. No armies of bug-eyed jihadis. No pale-faced boat people bobbing about the North Atlantic in rusty scows.

Oh, there are incidents. I cited two above. And for people like Steyn, that is more than enough. Tell a true story; treat it as typical; draw a scary conclusion: This is the standard operating procedure of alarmists.

Steyn hates to be called an alarmist, as he made clear in the preface to a later edition of America Alone. He is merely a realist, he says. But then he goes on to write this: “In 2007, some larky lads were arrested in Germany. Another terrorist plot.” What set this one apart were the terrorists’ names. They weren’t Mohammed, or Muhammad, or Mahmoud. They were “Fritz” and “Daniel.” Why, they were ... deep breath ... native-born Muslim converts! “All over the world, there are young men raised in the ‘Multi-Kulti-Haus’ of the West who decide their highest ambition is to convert to Islam, become a jihadist, and self-detonate.”

That year happened to be a particularly bad one for Islamist terrorism in Europe. There were four Islamist attacks. Four. Out of a total of 583.

The following year there were zero. In 2009, as we have seen, there was one.

Mark Steyn has a new book in the works, apparently. Something to do with the end of civilization. Given his track record, this is grounds for optimism.

Ottawacitizen

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Re: an eye-opening analysis of terrorism in Europe
Reply #1 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 9:01am

My comment on the article;

Its suppositions are pure deflection.
Its suppositions with regard to moslem intent, are a falsehood.
Its suppositions are unadulterated sewage, ...shite.

+++

FIRSTLY;
Whether a moslem or a non-moslem;

What we believe, determines how we will act.

THE TRUTH
A moslem, is a person who chooses to embrace a philosophy [ISLAM] which tells moslems that it is 'lawful' for moslems, to kill those who do not believe, as they believe.

SECONDLY;
There is a popular supposition among many non-moslems in the West, that only 'ISLAMISTS' have violent tendencies.

Wrong!

THE TRUTH
All good moslems, are ISLAMISTS.

THE TRUTH
There can never be a moderate moslem.
BECAUSE, there is no moderate ISLAM.

+++

THE LIE - "So in most of Europe, there was no terrorism."

It all depends on how, and who, is defining a 'terrorist' act.

Quote:
So in most of Europe, there was no terrorism. And where there was terrorism, the trend line pointed down

As for who’s responsible, forget Islamists. The overwhelming majority of the attacks - 237 of 294 - were carried out by separatist groups, such as the Basque ETA. A further 40 terrorists schemes were pinned on leftist and/or anarchist terrorists. Rightists were responsible for four attacks. Single-issue groups were behind two attacks, while responsibility for a further 10 was not clear.

Islamists? They were behind a grand total of one attack. Yes, one. Out of 294 attacks. In a population of half a billion people. To put that in perspective, the same number of attacks was committed by the Comité d’Action Viticole, a French group that wants to stop the importation of foreign wine.

THE TRUTH

These acts below, are unrecorded as acts of terrorism, by moslems, within Europe.

Q.
Why are theses acts, not recorded as acts of terrorism?

A.
You must ask your local politician, THAT QUESTION.

TERRORISM IN EUROPE...

TERRORISM EXAMPLE #1 [incitment],

In the UK, moslems scream in public places,
"Slaughter the Jews!!"

Google;
"slaughter the jews"

TERRORISM EXAMPLES #2,

Google;
uk muslim honour killings

TERRORISM EXAMPLE #3,

From the UK, and a typical example.
An ex-moslem woman describes her plight, and gives a description of the moslem community....

Quote:
"While Christians who turn to Islam are feted, the 200,000 Muslims who turn away are faced with abuse, violence and even murder.....
She fled to another part of Britain, but the attacks soon started again as locals found out about her. "I wasn’t going to leave again," she said, adding that it was the double standards of her attackers that made her most angry. "They are such hypocrites -- they want us to be tolerant of everything they want, but they are intolerant of everything about us."
With other converts, Yasmin has helped to set up a series of support groups across England, who have adopted a method of operating normally associated with dissidents in dictatorships, not democracies. They not only have to meet in secret, but cannot advertise their services, and have to vet those that approach them for infiltrators.
"There are so many who convert from Islam to Christianity. We have 70 people on our list who we support, and the list is growing. We don’t want others to suffer like we have," she said."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article510589.ece

And on, and on, and on.

+++

The article which Abu presented, would have us believe that;

There is virtually no terrorism committed by moslems, in Europe???

Dream on.
OR, should i say;
OPEN YOUR EYES!

THE RELIGION OF PEACE

http://thereligionofpeace.com/

+++

Here, in the West, moslems are deliberately mis-representing ISLAM, to non-moslems.
In the West, ISLAM portrays itself as 'moderate', and as, happy to embrace multiculturalism.

But the TRUTH is that ISLAM [within its own jurisdictions] where moslems are empowered, moslems always reveal ISLAM [openly] as a vicious, intolerant, supremacist, mono-culture.
Where ISLAM has political authority, ISLAM promotes itself, as a 'worthy' mono-culture - which all of the world must be compelled to adopt.

Here in the West, ISLAM merely uses the multiculturalism, which is already present in the West, as an 'enabler' for ISLAM.
In the West, ISLAM is happy to present [publicly, 'officially'] a facade of tolerance, of non-muslims, as an 'enabler' for ISLAM's incursion, into non-moslem nations.

e.g.
There is a campaign by moslems in Western host nations, to present ISLAM as;
'The religion of peace'.

ISLAM is NOT a religion of peace.

As i have stated it previously;
ISLAM promotes ISLAMIC supremacism.
Period.

This is the whole truth.

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #2 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 9:48am

Interesting article Abu.
I would be very interested to see this topic "fleshed out" if you have the inclination to do so.
I always thought that the media reaction to Terrorism was sensationalised, but would never have dreamed the statistics would be anything like those from the article.
A lot will come down to definitions, but getting accurate info for people to work on, is a very good start.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 10:07am

moz,

So you concur with the article which Abu presented, that there is virtually no terrorism committed by moslems, in Europe???

Dictionary;
terrorist = = a person who uses violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

Dictionary;
terrorize (also terrorise) = = create and maintain a feeling of terror in.

moz,

Your outright denial of what is happening in front of our eyes is disappointing, saddening;
i.e. THE TRUTH.

+++

Yadda wrote on Jan 6th, 2011 at 9:01am:
TERRORISM IN EUROPE...

TERRORISM EXAMPLE #1 [incitment],

In the UK, moslems scream in public places,
"Slaughter the Jews!!"

Google;
"slaughter the jews"

TERRORISM EXAMPLES #2,

Google;
uk muslim honour killings

TERRORISM EXAMPLE #3,

From the UK, and a typical example.
An ex-moslem woman describes her plight, and gives a description of the moslem community....

Quote:
"While Christians who turn to Islam are feted, the 200,000 Muslims who turn away are faced with abuse, violence and even murder.....
She fled to another part of Britain, but the attacks soon started again as locals found out about her. "I wasn’t going to leave again," she said, adding that it was the double standards of her attackers that made her most angry. "They are such hypocrites -- they want us to be tolerant of everything they want, but they are intolerant of everything about us."
With other converts, Yasmin has helped to set up a series of support groups across England, who have adopted a method of operating normally associated with dissidents in dictatorships, not democracies. They not only have to meet in secret, but cannot advertise their services, and have to vet those that approach them for infiltrators.
"There are so many who convert from Islam to Christianity. We have 70 people on our list who we support, and the list is growing. We don’t want others to suffer like we have," she said."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article510589.ece

And on, and on, and on.

+++

The article which Abu presented, would have us believe that;

There is virtually no terrorism committed by moslems, in Europe???

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 10:44am

Glad we've sorted that one out.

Your thinking is flawed, Yadda, because you seem completely unable to comprehend the depth and complexity of alternate views to your own.

There is a spectrum of thought within Islam, just as there is within Christianity and any other religion. Your attempt at logic - your belief that everything can be summed up and neatly encapsulated into a formula - is completely illogical. Ideas and beliefs are never black and white, and in viewing things this way, you align your views with the simplistic brutalism of militant Islam itself.

You have no knowledge of "moslem intent." Neither do I, and neither does any Muslim. This is because there is no "moslem intent." This is a narcisistic fantasy, the sort of dumbed-down paranoia that made Get Smart so hilarious.

Your views, I think, are born from ignorance. These sort of ideological, absolutist claims always are. If you had actually met any Muslims and got to know them, I have no doubt that your views would be tempered with experience, and not mere theory.

I really don't understand why people need these straw men. Why is it so important to have n!ggers in the world? I can't think of any reason to justify the depth of hatred that's drummed up in the name of - what?

We don't need Muslims as slaves, and they aren't the barbarians at the gates - as the article above shows. Clearly, people just need a caricature, a Guy Fawkes effigy to prod at and burn every now and then.

Can you give me any other reason?

Clearly there are arsehole Muslims in the world, just as there are arsehole Christians and Jews. I can understand an aversion to zealotry and fundamentalism, especially when it creates suicide bombers. However, when this aversion causes you to become a zealot, it sort of defeats the point, right?
« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2011 at 10:59am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #5 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 12:04pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2011 at 10:44am:

Glad we've sorted that one out.

Your thinking is flawed, Yadda, because you seem completely unable to comprehend the depth and complexity of alternate views to your own.

There is a spectrum of thought within Islam, just as there is within Christianity and any other religion. Your attempt at logic - your belief that everything can be summed up and neatly encapsulated into a formula - is completely illogical. Ideas and beliefs are never black and white, and in viewing things this way, you align your views with the simplistic brutalism of militant Islam itself.

I get this a lot here.
i.e.
People like Yadda, are as bad, as bad moslems.

Quote:
You have no knowledge of "moslem intent." Neither do I, and neither does any Muslim. This is because there is no "moslem intent." This is a narcisistic fantasy, the sort of dumbed-down paranoia that made Get Smart so hilarious.

Your views, I think, are born from ignorance. These sort of ideological, absolutist claims always are. If you had actually met any Muslims and got to know them, I have no doubt that your views would be tempered with experience, and not mere theory.

The knowledge that a lot of people [non-moslems] have about ISLAM, is based on their impression of those moslems whom they have met personally.

In my experience there are a lot of good and moral people, who call themselves moslems.
But in my experience, many of those very people, who call themselves moslems, are extremely ignorant about what ISLAM really is, and what ISLAM really, really teaches, and MOST IMPORTANTLY, THEY ARE PEOPLE WHO ARE SILENT about those acts [violence, intimidation, and intolerance] which ISLAM justifies.

Quote:
I really don't understand why people need these straw men. Why is it so important to have n!ggers in the world? I can't think of any reason to justify the depth of hatred that's drummed up in the name of - what?

We don't need Muslims as slaves, and they aren't the barbarians at the gates - as the article above shows. Clearly, people just need a caricature, a Guy Fawkes effigy to prod at and burn every now and then.

Can you give me any other reason?

Clearly there are arsehole Muslims in the world, just as there are arsehole Christians and Jews. I can understand an aversion to zealotry and fundamentalism, especially when it creates suicide bombers. However, when this aversion causes you to become a zealot, it sort of defeats the point, right?

In your words, i read;
Shining a light on ISLAM, and upon the actions of those who call themselves good moslems, is unacceptable.

You suggest that i may be a zealot.
What i reveal is the truth, which act, you seem to call 'zealotry'.

What have i said, or accused ISLAM of, which is not true?

Karnal,

You call, or at least suggest, that i am an ignorant person, and a zealot.

Karnal,

Have you read much of the Koran, and Hadith, yourself ???

Regarding those people who, call themselves moslems;

It is ISLAM itself [its 'religious' texts], that defines who, is a good moslem,
...AND WHO, IS NOT!

To BE a good moslem, a moslem must endorse what the Koran and Hadith teach.

And, if a 'moslem' does not HATE unbelievers, he/she, is, not a moslem.
[...this is ISLAMIC doctrine, and i can prove it.]

This above, is not what i claim,
That what the Koran and Hadith teach, that is what ISLAMIC 'religious' doctrines teach.

+++

"....take not the Jews and the Christians for your friends....
......he amongst you that turns to them (for friendship) is of them."

Koran 5.51

"O ye who believe! Take not my enemies and yours as friends (or protectors),- offering them (your) love,..."
Koran 60.1

"O ye who believe! Take not into your intimacy those outside your ranks: They will not fail to corrupt you. They only desire your ruin: Rank hatred has already appeared from their mouths: What their hearts conceal is far worse....."
Koran 3.118
Inciting hatred towards 'unbelievers'.

"...Allah is an enemy to those who reject Faith."
Koran 2.98
i.e. 'Unbelief' is a crime.
The enemy of moslems is identified.
All of 'unbelieving' mankind, those who reject ISLAM, are the declared enemy of moslems.

+++

And what shall we do to 'our' enemies???

"Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued. "
Koran 9.29

"O ye who believe! Fight those of the disbelievers who are near to you, and let them find harshness in you, and know that Allah is with those who keep their duty (unto Him)."
Koran 9.123

« Last Edit: Jan 6th, 2011 at 12:09pm by Yadda »  

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 2:45pm

I'm sorry for calling you ignorant. That was mean. But you're just going off a book. You don't characterize Jews by the Old Testament, do you?

Anyone who says, without any irony intended, that they "reveal the truth" - yes; I am tempted to think of zealotry.

Those old books are full of violence and revenge. As is US foreign policy. As are Muslim suicide bombers.

As are Israelis and Palestinians.

So have your truth. It will make very little difference, and it won't change a thing.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #7 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 3:35pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2011 at 2:45pm:
I'm sorry for calling you ignorant. That was mean. But you're just going off a book. You don't characterize Jews by the Old Testament, do you?

As far as i am concerned, if a person says, "I'm Jewish.", he/she is someone who is still in-covenant with their God.

A lot of Jewish ppl may care to disagree.

And how they [Jewish ppl] choose to conduct themselves, is their own business, afaiac.

But i don't think that the God of Israel has finished yet, with the Jewish people.    Wink

Good moslems take note!

Psalms 83, and Ezekiel 35

Quote:
Anyone who says, without any irony intended, that they "reveal the truth" - yes; I am tempted to think of zealotry.

Those old books are full of violence and revenge. As is US foreign policy. As are Muslim suicide bombers.

As are Israelis and Palestinians.

So have your truth. It will make very little difference, and it won't change a thing.

Karnal,

If i have [truly] misrepresented ISLAM in any posting on Oz Pol, then i apologise, to any and all moslems.

And, so that i won't make the same mistake again, please can you tell me Karnal, where i have done this ???

i.e.
Where on Oz Pol have i misrepresented ISLAM ???
And in what way, have i been un-truthful, in how i presented ISLAM, here on Oz Pol ???

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 3:46pm

I don't think you're misrepresenting. You're merely cutting and pasting.

And I'm assuming from your posts that you have very little knowledge of the context of your extensive quotations.

But you claim to speak the TRUTH.

And so it is, dear one. I hope you feel comforted.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #9 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 4:15pm

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 6th, 2011 at 3:46pm:
I don't think you're misrepresenting. You're merely cutting and pasting.

And I'm assuming from your posts that you have very little knowledge of the context of your extensive quotations.

But you claim to speak the TRUTH.

And so it is, dear one. I hope you feel comforted.

Karnal,

Am i NOT speaking the truth, regarding how moslems, and, ISLAMIC texts, present ISLAM to the world ???

You have claimed that i am ignorant and ill informed, and a 'zealot'.

Well, i invite you to correct me.

Quote:
Karnal,

If i have [truly] misrepresented ISLAM in any posting on Oz Pol, then i apologise, to any and all moslems.

And, so that i won't make the same mistake again, please can you tell me Karnal, where i have done this ???

i.e.
Where on Oz Pol have i misrepresented ISLAM ???
And in what way, have i been un-truthful, in how i presented ISLAM, here on Oz Pol ???

Karnal,

Where is my error?

Where is my un-truthfulness, in how i present ISLAM, in this forum.

I really want to know, so that i won't make the same mistake again, and again, and again.

Or, is what i have presented, regarding ISLAM, truthful ???

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:58am

Yadda, your "untruthfulness" is that you just don't know, but state that you do.

As soon as we come to realize that we don't know - this, I think, is the dawning of our awareness.

True knowledge does not come from quotes: it comes from the application of knowledge in your life. This is knowledge, not the mere paraphrasing of words.

Knowledge comes from experience.

Ignorance comes from a lack of experience. If you don't personally know any Muslims, I'd say it's a tall order to speak for their faith. Anyone can google a few verses and flash them around. The difference between knowledge and experience is like reading the Army rulebook and fighting in a war.

Mohammed, of course, taught during a time of constant tribal warfare: context. I imagine that just as Jesus taught spiritual knowledge using farming metaphors, Mohammed used the metaphor of war, something people at the time would have known a lot about.

The real war, however, is within ourselves.

It's interesting that you quote parts of the Koran that teach intollerance of non-Muslims. In my own experience, I have found Muslims to be extremely tolerant and hospitable people. Of course there are exceptions, but you're not quoting the parts of the Koran that teach how you should treat strangers and guests.

I have never had a Muslim preach to me about Islam, or express any desire to convert me - even during discussions about religion and Islam. But I have had more Christians than I can count trying to sell me their version of Christianity.

I don't know how Muslims justify the fact that they're not putting me to the sword, but that's the question, isn't it? The difference between quotes and living in the world.

If you really want to know (so that you don't make the same mistakes again and again), you probably need to have a conversation with a real-life Muslim who has practiced what they've learned through books like the Koran.

Make sure your life insurance policy is up to date first though, Yadda.

« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2011 at 11:03am by Mattyfisk »  

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #11 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 10:31am

Mattyfisk wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 9:58am:
Yadda, your "untruthfulness" is that you just don't know, but state that you do.

As soon as you come to realize that you don't know - this will be the dawning of your awareness.

True knowledge does not come from quotes: it comes from the application of knowledge in your life. This is knowledge, not the mere paraphrasing of words. Knowledge comes from experience.

Ignorance comes from a lack of experience. If you don't personally know any Muslims, I'd say it's a tall order to speak for their faith. Anyone can google a few verses and flash them around.........

Karnal,

Thank you for your reasoned response.

But we will have to agree to disagree.

If you believe that experience, in the world, of the world, can will bring us wisdom [or 'satisfaction'], in my experience, you are badly, badly, mistaken.

In the end, the knowledge of this world [the 'experience' of this world], brings men only one thing.

Grief.

But go your own way.
Walk your own path.

+++

Psalms 97:10
Ye that love the LORD, hate evil:...

Proverbs 8:13
The fear of the LORD is to hate evil:..

Proverbs 9:6
Forsake the foolish, and live; and go in the way of understanding.
7  He that reproveth a scorner getteth to himself shame: and he that rebuketh a wicked man getteth himself a blot.
8  Reprove not a scorner, lest he hate thee: rebuke a wise man, and he will love thee.
9  Give instruction to a wise man, and he will be yet wiser: teach a just man, and he will increase in learning.
10  The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding.

Proverbs 17:15
He that justifieth the wicked, and he that condemneth the just, even they both are abomination to the LORD.

Proverbs 21:15
It is joy to the just to do judgment: but destruction shall be to the workers of iniquity.

Proverbs 28:4
They that forsake the law praise the wicked: but such as keep the law contend with them.
5  Evil men understand not judgment: but they that seek the LORD understand all things.

Psalms 19:7
The law of the LORD is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the LORD is sure, making wise the simple.

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #12 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 10:56am

Quote:
I have never had a Muslim preach to me about Islam, or express any desire to convert me - even during discussions about religion and Islam. But I have had more Christians than I can count trying to sell me their version of Christianity.

Aint that the truth.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

Mattyfisk
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #13 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 11:03am

Quotes that justify the rebuking of wickedness. Well, rebuke away (again, and again, and again).

I thought Jesus came to do away with all that rebuking, Yadda.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #14 - Jan 7th, 2011 at 11:11am

mozzaok wrote on Jan 7th, 2011 at 10:56am:
Quote:

Aint that the truth.

Matthew 5:15
Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4
Send Topic Print