Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Converting/deserting Islam (Read 1644 times)
salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Converting/deserting Islam
Jan 5th, 2011 at 7:11pm

Quote:
Muslim apostates cast out and at risk from faith and family

While Christians who turn to Islam are feted, the 200,000 Muslims who turn away are faced with abuse, violence and even murder

While those who convert to Islam, such as Cat Stevens, Jemima Khan, and the sons of the Frank Dobson, the former Health Secretary, and Lord Birt, the former BBC Director-General, can publicly celebrate their new religion, those whose faith goes in the other direction face persecution. Mr Hussein, a 39-year-old hospital nurse in Bradford, is one of a growing number of former Muslims in Britain who face not just being shunned by family and community, but attacked, kidnapped, and in some cases killed. There is even a secret underground network to support and protect those who leave Islam. One estimate suggests that as many as 15 per cent of Muslims in Western societies have lost their faith, which would mean that in Britain there are about 200,000 apostates.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article510589.ece

Maybe Islam is at a standstill because the number converting (make that reverting) might be equal to the number of muslims deserting the alleged religion of Islam.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Re: Converting/deserting Islam
Reply #1 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:32pm

If that works for you, then swallow it Smiley

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #2 - Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:54pm

In Islam, the punishment for apostasy is death.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

salad in
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 6:46am

freediver wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 8:54pm:
In Islam, the punishment for apostasy is death.

How can that be? Islam has rebadged itself in order to appeal to its Western hosts. Verily, Islam is a religion of peace.

The ALP, the progressive party, the party of ideas, the workers' friend, is the only Australian political party to roast four young Australians in roof cavities. SHAME! SHAME! SHAME!

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Jan 6th, 2011 at 7:50am

It also has freedom of religion, apparently.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 5:56pm

Atheism is growing fast with the internet in Islamic countries.

Here is a video of muslims showing concern.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G46GDFMTRgE

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #6 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 10:13am

freediver wrote on Jan 6th, 2011 at 7:50am:
It [ISLAM] also has freedom of religion, apparently.

Apparently, 'apparently', isn't always so.

n.b.
THIS IS WHAT MOSLEMS WANT FOR EVERYONE IN THE WORLD, SHARIA JUSTICE...

e.g.
Egypt Rules Christian Convert Must Remain Legally Muslim
Feb. 03 2008
An Egyptian judge ruled this week in an unprecedented case that a Muslim who converted to Christianity cannot legally change his religious status....
.....Muhammad Hegazy, 25, lost his case on Tuesday when Judge Muhammad Husseini of a court in Cairo said according to sharia, or Islamic law, Islam is the final and most complete religion and therefore Muslims already practice full freedom of religion and cannot convert to an older belief (Christianity or Judaism),
.....The judge didn’t listen to our defense, and we didn’t even have a chance to talk before the court, said Gamel Eid, head of the Arab Network for Human Rights Information (ANHRI) to U.S. Copts Association.

http://www.christianpost.com/article/20080203/egypt-rules-christian-convert-must...

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #7 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 8:46pm

When the Egyptian authorities arrested too ex-Christian women who converted to Islam, the muslims responded by blowuing up churches and threatening as many as the could (even four in Sydney). According to Abu this should have been expected.

What can we expect from Christians in response to this?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print