Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Encouraging illegal fishing (Read 11921 times)
pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Encouraging illegal fishing
Reply #45 - May 4th, 2011 at 4:36pm

freediver wrote on May 4th, 2011 at 4:08pm:
Yes I can.

And what do you think that makes you look like?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #46 - May 4th, 2011 at 4:43pm

Like someone who doesn't waste his time answering stupid questions.

Oops, too late.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #47 - May 4th, 2011 at 4:45pm

freediver wrote on May 4th, 2011 at 4:43pm:
Like someone who doesn't waste his time answering stupid questions.

Oops, too late.

More like a moron.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #48 - May 4th, 2011 at 4:47pm

How do you think it makes you look promoting illegal fishing?

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #49 - May 4th, 2011 at 4:57pm

freediver wrote on May 4th, 2011 at 4:47pm:
How do you think it makes you look promoting illegal fishing?

I promote compliance with fisheries management rules. In fact I self impose tighter rules/ standards on myself - eg releasing legal sized fish.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: Why is Walter so bitter?
Reply #50 - May 4th, 2011 at 4:59pm

pjb05 wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:26am:
freediver wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 7:42am:
Quote:
All in all, I still shake my head at the amount of Recreational Fisherman Fishing in restricted areas ...even in full sight of us Diving.

Do you let them know it is a no take zone?

Seems unlikely given the heavy enforcement and considerable resources. Although big deal and good on them if they get away with it.  

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Re: Why is Walter so bitter?
Reply #51 - May 4th, 2011 at 5:00pm

freediver wrote on May 4th, 2011 at 4:59pm:
pjb05 wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 9:26am:
freediver wrote on Jan 5th, 2011 at 7:42am:
Quote:
All in all, I still shake my head at the amount of Recreational Fisherman Fishing in restricted areas ...even in full sight of us Diving.

Do you let them know it is a no take zone?

Seems unlikely given the heavy enforcement and considerable resources. Although big deal and good on them if they get away with it.  

Yes and that refers to NSW marine parks - I don't consider them fisheries management initiatives. In any case as you can see I doubted that these instances actually happened.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #52 - May 4th, 2011 at 8:23pm

What interested me was your encouragement of illegal fishing, not the incident that sparked the discussion.

So you think it is OK for fishermen to break the rules that limit the take of fish so long as you don't regard it as a fisheries management rule?

Does this distinction only apply to NSW?

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #53 - May 4th, 2011 at 8:29pm

freediver wrote on May 4th, 2011 at 8:23pm:
What interested me was your encouragement of illegal fishing, not the incident that sparked the discussion.

So you think it is OK for fishermen to break the rules that limit the take of fish so long as you don't regard it as a fisheries management rule?

We have covered this before, months ago. I thought we were talking about whether Jagsignature's post lacked perspective.

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #54 - May 4th, 2011 at 8:32pm

freediver wrote on May 4th, 2011 at 8:23pm:

I live in NSW. Also no take zones don't limit the take of fish they limit where you can take them.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #55 - May 4th, 2011 at 8:33pm

We were. Now we are talking about your promotion of illegal fishing again and the excuses you give for it.

If you have any sensible questions about Jas's 'perspective' I am happy to go back to that, if you don't feel comfortable discussing your promotion of illegal fishing.

Quote:
Also no take zones don't limit the take of fish they limit where you can take them.

And this does not limit the take of fish? Isn't that like saying that size limits don't limit the take, only what sizes you can keep?

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #56 - May 4th, 2011 at 8:50pm

[]We were. Now we are talking about your promotion of illegal fishing again and the excuses you give for it.

'Promotion' is a strong word for one slightly flippant remark. It says a lot about your bias that you sieze on that and let Jagsignatures hyperbole go unchallenged. 

If you have any sensible questions about Jas's 'perspective' I am happy to go back to that, if you don't feel comfortable discussing your promotion of illegal fishing.

One remark taken out of context in a obscure hardly forum hardly constitutes 'promoting'.

PS how are the questions not sensible when they relate directly to points you have made. You just projecting your own faults back onto me - pathetic! 

Quote:
Also no take zones don't limit the take of fish they limit where you can take them.

And this does not limit the take of fish? Isn't that like saying that size limits don't limit the take, only what sizes you can keep?

There is a fundamental difference. For instance the fishing pressure can merely be displaced elsewhere outside the no take zone. Also in the case of a lot of these marine parks it is doubtful that any more restrictions on fishing were needed in the first place.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #57 - May 4th, 2011 at 9:25pm

Quote:
'Promotion' is a strong word for one slightly flippant remark....
One remark taken out of context in a obscure hardly forum hardly constitutes 'promoting'.

You also went on to explain that the laws 'don't count' because you don't see it as anything to do with fisheries management. You also tried to claim that they don't limit catches even though they limit catches.

Quote:
Also in the case of a lot of these marine parks it is doubtful that any more restrictions on fishing were needed in the first place.

But not in the case of any other fisheries management tool?

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #58 - May 5th, 2011 at 7:06am

] Quote:
'Promotion' is a strong word for one slightly flippant remark....

You also went on to explain that the laws 'don't count' because you don't see it as anything to do with fisheries management. You also tried to claim that they don't limit catches even though they limit catches.

I didn't say they dont count. I was just counter pointing Jags 'crime of the century. depiction of fishing in green zones. They only limit catches inside the marine park. They will increase fishing pressure outside the park due to displaced effort, with possible adverse ecological effects. To declare marine parks willy nilly with no thought to the consequences is environmental meddling.

Quote:
Also in the case of a lot of these marine parks it is doubtful that any more restrictions on fishing were needed in the first place.

But not in the case of any other fisheries management tool?

What does the word 'any' mean to you. At most some of the traditional tools could have been tweaked slightly.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #59 - May 5th, 2011 at 1:05pm

Its ok, I'm not offended as I know I'm uneducated and unqualified.
(Having grown up from Mt Druitt to Minto)

Any comment/view made from me is purely based from a non-scientific perspective that lacks large amounts of paper-work based upon minimalistic research efforts due to budget.

With that said. Are you implying that my comments are purely said in such a way that I am merely dropping lines without a care of thought via the net without concern for consequence and the impact they may have upon other individuals, especially from the Fishing Industry? Huh

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print