Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Legalisation of pot? (Read 110870 times)
muso
Gold Member

Gladstone, Queensland
Re: Legalisation of pot?
Reply #660 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 5:17am

Lionel Edriess wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 11:51pm:
muso wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 10:10pm:
Lionel Edriess wrote on May 29th, 2013 at 7:48pm:
One presumes that you have no objection, then, to the irradiated, genetically modified, gas-ripened, artificially enhanced foodstuffs now crowding our supermarket shelves?

I don't.  The risk is practically zero.

Irradiated? Health risk to the consumer - zero. It is not radioactive and it doesn't contain radioactive substances (other than Carbon 14 etc)

Genetically modified? Not in Australia, unless you mean certain vegetable oils, and oils don't contain DNA. No DNA, no problem. 

Gas ripened? What exactly is the problem with using a bit of ethylene?  It's non toxic.

Artificially enhanced? Not even sure what you mean. You mean the old story of chooks on steroids? Doesn't happen these days.  If it did, it would be a problem.

Having said that, there are some consumer goods that do concern me. Neonicotinoids, used to control fleas and ticks in dogs are decimating the bee population and wreaking havoc when it comes to reduced pollination (and yield) of commercial crops.

The next time you use a flea or tick treatment for your pet, check the active ingredients. Imidacloprid is the most common neonicotinoid in use.

I'll probably stir up the faithful zealots of the brainless deep greens again, but who cares.

The proof of the pudding is the in the eating, as someone once said.

As an elder, I'm sceptical about the 'goodness' of the supermarket foodstuffs available to us when compared to the choices available to the older generations.

I'm all in favour of the benefits of refrigeration, etc - but I mourn the loss of backyard vege patches, fruit trees and the occasional chook yard.

My backyard, as a kid, had plums, oranges, peaches, guavas, apricots, grapefruit, passion-fruit, 4 varieties of grapes on a trellis we could climb and the usual vege patch. On a small town lot.

Should be mandatory to plant a few fruit trees in new developments as far as I'm concerned.

Then again, where can you buy seeds for Grosse Lissie tomatoes these days? Or, for that matter, pick sun-ripened peaches from a tree?

I've nothing against native gardens, but they produce FA edible fruit.

If nothing else, an established varietal fruit tree expanse across a suburb would promote societal integration.

Anyway, no harm done. Yes?

I agree with you on most of that. We need to get more people growing their own. The old varieties taste much better than commercial varieties. You can get Grosse Lisse seeds if you do a Google for them. Vine riped tomatoes also taste better.

I also think these community gardens can be a great thing for community integration. (but often result in conflict)

1523 people like this. The remaining 7,134,765,234 do not 

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #661 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 4:30pm

LEGALISE EMPHASEMA

Roll Eyes

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #662 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 4:33pm

...20 year old 'Pot smoker' kills girl child because she knocked over his bowl of weed.

Roll Eyes

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #663 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 11:21pm

muso wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 5:11am:
Emma wrote on Jul 3rd, 2013 at 10:43pm:
not at all Muso.

Thanks for the info. I'll check now.

OK I use two products for my 4-legged friend  ....

1 mthly  -  contains ..Lufenuron  ..  Milbemycin oxine and
Praziquantel.

1 - if live fleas on dog - Nitenpyram.

I do have lots of bees.... around and about... 

hope these don't have other 'lives' which go beyond their intended use.. ??

Good choices. All very specific.

Good to know... thanks MUSO.

live every day

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #664 - Dec 31st, 2014 at 9:17am

American state legalises marijuana – and crime drops 15%

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/30/american-state-legalises-marijuana-and-crime-drops-15-5004280/

Anti-marijuana activists have warned that legalising weed would lead to increased drug addiction, mental problems and crime – but in Colorado, which legalised recreational use of marijuana, the opposite has happened.

Overall, crime has fallen by 15% and murder has dropped by 50%.

Sexual assaults and car crime have fallen, and violent crime is down 10% overall.

Sales of legalised marijuana have boomed in the state – with more then £22 million sold in August alone.

The state puts 10% of that money towards building and maintaining schools, with donations now at £2.2 million per month.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

AiA
Gold Member

Reply #665 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 3:36am

freediver wrote on Dec 31st, 2014 at 9:17am:
American state legalises marijuana – and crime drops 15%

http://metro.co.uk/2014/12/30/american-state-legalises-marijuana-and-crime-drops-15-5004280/

Anti-marijuana activists have warned that legalising weed would lead to increased drug addiction, mental problems and crime – but in Colorado, which legalised recreational use of marijuana, the opposite has happened.

Overall, crime has fallen by 15% and murder has dropped by 50%.

Sexual assaults and car crime have fallen, and violent crime is down 10% overall.

Sales of legalised marijuana have boomed in the state – with more then £22 million sold in August alone.

The state puts 10% of that money towards building and maintaining schools, with donations now at £2.2 million per month.

that is wonderful news.  and the American federal government has relaxed cannabis laws so states won't be harassed by the federal government over decriminalization of cannabis ... but cannabis is still classified as a Schedule 1 substance.  Until the classification is changed real progress won't happen ...

“Jerry, just remember: It’s not a lie … if you believe it.” George Costanza
IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #666 - Sep 24th, 2015 at 9:56pm

Such an important issue in our society, and no-one has commented further since last year.!  I do understand that other ostensibly more superficial issues have pushed to the fore, but nothing that approaches the importance of this question in our society. Governments change with ease.

This LAW needs removing but holds on with irrational tenacity. Angry

The WAR on drugs is just such a furphy.. unworkable, horrendously expensive, unsuccessful, AND CAUSE of much harm to us all.  Time to change the story.

live every day

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #667 - Sep 25th, 2015 at 12:40am

All the way to go Ohio

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #668 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 11:59pm

we can only hope that more reasoned approaches to Pot, and other illegal substances, will occur, here in Oz. Our society needs to wake up to reality.  Smiley  Sounds a bit funny eh?  Pot equals reality.  Smiley.

live every day

IP Logged

ordinaryguy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #669 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:12am

Yeah we need more dope heads around.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #670 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 7:21am

Pot is devil weed.

IP Logged

bogarde73
Gold Member

Anti-Global & Contra Mundum

Reply #671 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 7:54am

Ask any psychologist (unless he/she is a user)

Know the enemies of a civil society by their public behaviour, by their fraudulent claim to be liberal-progressive, by their propensity to lie and, above all, by their attachment to authoritarianism.

IP Logged

Marla
Gold Member

I really hate you

Colorado
Reply #672 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 9:08am

ordinaryguy wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:12am:

Your politicians not good enough for you?

I am a kid in the nuthouse. I am a kid in the psycho zone. Psycho Therapy I am going to burglarize your home.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #673 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 9:13pm

ordinaryguy wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:12am:

Doh....  how ridiculous a comment is that.!!

You think legalising pot will result in an increase.?  Nah... heaps of people use it already.. the legalisation of Pot would allow the police to go after REAL criminals, not people who'd rather not buy into legal drugs that harm society.  Like ALCOHOL..  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes.

live every day

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #674 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 9:36pm

bogarde73 wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 7:54am:
Ask any psychologist (unless he/she is a user)

I suggest you do,  and ask them to compare it to the psychosis of alcoholism, and legal drug addiction.

What are u trying to say Dirk.?

live every day

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 ... 59
Send Topic Print