Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 59
Send Topic Print
Legalisation of pot? (Read 110781 times)
Muso (ex member)

Australian Politics

Re: Legalisation of pot?
Reply #555 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 9:25pm

All actions have their consequences, but also responsibilities, ...........but then you'd prefer to leave any responsibilities submerged in a pea soup fog of euphoria.
« Last Edit: Sep 18th, 2012 at 9:32pm by Muso (ex member) »  

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #556 - Sep 18th, 2012 at 10:11pm

r u talking to me ?? G?

I refuse to call you God OK?
'...........but then you'd prefer to leave any responsibilities submerged in a pea soup fog of euphoria. '    Was this addressed to me G?

Grin Grin Grin

a pea soup fog of euphoria.    Wink

Thats pretty good G....... not that you actually know of what you speak... but its catchy, even  if somewhat a mixed metaphor. SmileyAnd of course not applicable.

Pea Soup
Fog
Euphoria.
You must live somewhere cold. Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

Amadd
Gold Member

Mo

Reply #557 - Sep 20th, 2012 at 12:23am

Is a "Pea soup of euphoria" anything like ignorant bliss?

If so, we all probably need to reside there in some respects if we are to experience any bliss at all.

Apparently, even God resides there, as God is said to have been heard by some to say to others that we must all live by a certain set of morals, which was apparently dictated to by their belief in what their God would say if they actually were able to satisfy their need to hear it from the horse's mouth.

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #558 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 9:41pm

You gotta hand it to SBS.

They do show the BEST most relevant and interesting programs.

Tonight we saw  about 'Prohibition'...Nation of Drunkards.

Sadly we still live in the type of society which thinks Humans can be regulated as seen fit by a majority.

Do hope there is a Pt 2.

MORE SADLY ... we seem to be dumber than the earlier lot, who realised pretty quickly, in the scheme of things', that it was a VERY BAD IDEA.

Save Me From the PEOPLE WHO"D SAVE ME FROM MY SINS.

It's so stupid... but ...it's STILL prohibited.

WE just never learn from the past. so are doomed to repeat the grossest of acts.

live every day

IP Logged

magpie

"You're good.. You're
very good.."

Reply #559 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 11:08pm

only in america - pre-criminalisation, weed was smoked by the poorer classes, negros and whites. but it was becoming more popular so the liquor lobby bribed/contributed to polly electoral funds (wink), got churches onside and got the campaign underway. the legislation, the propoganda, and of course the enforcement.
then they lumped grass with a list of various narcotics which were, (until that point considered a medical problem) and criminalised those as well. fast forward to england about early 1950's and 'the list' is a medical problem with a 'hard drug' usage about 20% of that of USA when they use the League of Nations I think it was, to push other countries to adopt their drug code (hegemony). england and others did adopt & guess what?  in 2 or 3 years the rate equalled that of the US.
The black market just loved the idea of having been given the trade, and to increase the growth pushed the stuff 'the list' as hard as they could.
look at mexico, afghanistan, etc ect. one cartel goes down two spring up. is it portugal? who has turned back the clock with its decriminalisation of marijuana, with some 3rd world countries looking at the progress.
churches and politicians are a bad mix.
I personally don't think that the drug attitude will change much. just my view.
« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2012 at 6:15am by magpie »  

”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #560 - Sep 29th, 2012 at 11:40pm

But as you say Magpie

The black market just loved the idea of having been given the trade....
and this is so blatantly obvious, I must wonder ...who's getting the cream???

churches and politicians are a bad mix.I personally don't think that the drug attitude will change much. just my view.

Why??
You agree then that all the anti - drug Laws are harmful to the society they (laughingly Grin) say they seek to protect.?

I personally don't think that the drug attitude will change much. just my view

You think that our lawmakers are incapable?

Incapable of rationality, due to the influence of the religious?

Well then..isn't that just another reason to disrespect all Law.

Where it's obvious that this 'Law' is wrong, but that .. something in our Governance cannot tolerate that idea, and that is the status quo, and so it will remain.?? .... regardless of the damage done...

what are the consequences.??

No respect for Law.
And we see it more and more everyday, in Hoons, in Ram Raids, in rioting, in children assaulting their schoolbus drivers.

What is so hard to understand..???
We.... as the adults the voters.. allow this to continue ....and it stinks.!
It deserves NO RESPECT. Angry
And consequently,  WE the faceless mass responsible, deserve no respect.

Its a SAD Human World. Sad 

live every day

IP Logged

Sir Spot of Borg
Gold Member

WE ARE BORG

Australia
Reply #561 - Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:11am

Anti drug laws create lots more criminals to stick into the private jails and make more profit.

Humans seem to be drawn to drugs (including alcohol). Why? To escape from this unnatural existence?

SOB

Whaaaaaah!
I'm a 
Moron!
- edited by some unethical admin - you think its funny? - its a slippery slope
WWW PoliticsAneReligion  
IP Logged

Cobra

Australian Politics

UK
Reply #562 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 12:12am

Sir Spot of Borg wrote on Sep 30th, 2012 at 4:11am:
Anti drug laws create lots more criminals to stick into the private jails and make more profit.

Humans seem to be drawn to drugs (including alcohol). Why? To escape from this unnatural existence?

SOB

yes, I think so.

Did you say the 'tides' of March?

IP Logged

magpie

"You're good.. You're
very good.."

Reply #563 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 3:25pm

Emma wrote on Sep 29th, 2012 at 11:40pm:
But as you say Magpie

The black market just loved the idea of having been given the trade....
and this is so blatantly obvious, I must wonder ...who's getting the cream???

churches and politicians are a bad mix.I personally don't think that the drug attitude will change much. just my view.

Why??
You agree then that all the anti - drug Laws are harmful to the society they (laughingly Grin) say they seek to protect.?

I personally don't think that the drug attitude will change much. just my view

You think that our lawmakers are incapable?

Incapable of rationality, due to the influence of the religious?

Well then..isn't that just another reason to disrespect all Law.

Where it's obvious that this 'Law' is wrong, but that .. something in our Governance cannot tolerate that idea, and that is the status quo, and so it will remain.?? .... regardless of the damage done...

what are the consequences.??

No respect for Law.
And we see it more and more everyday, in Hoons, in Ram Raids, in rioting, in children assaulting their schoolbus drivers.

What is so hard to understand..???
We.... as the adults the voters.. allow this to continue ....and it stinks.!
It deserves NO RESPECT. Angry
And consequently,  WE the faceless mass responsible, deserve no respect.

Its a SAD Human World. Sad 

hi Emma Peel,

who's getting the cream/benefit from this enviornment? apart from the black market,  I can't
really see any material benefit flowing from it.

Like the NRA, pressure groups pull a lot of political weight especially religious groups
ie. Darwinism v. Creationism & how that has impacted on education and how that encourages faith
before rationality. so where you get a faith-based approach to 'a' problem any outcome
would be logically clouded. given the pressure groups tend to create alliances of interests,
(strength in numbers) they will push a 'party line' anti-drugs for example with all the
resources at their disposal, media, parlimentiary process, religious organisations etc. birth control is another
example including the use of condoms. so I think that the blocking power of these
groups to drug reform is so powerful that change is improbable. Their faith-based view is that they are protecting society.

Our law-makers, the politicians in our adversarial system, are interested in two things,
the pursuit of power and the maintenance of power, bring us back to pressure groups.
(Jim Cairns was an exception and I'm sure a few others). They are not incapable, rather, self-interested.

This failure of drug reform does not lead to disrespect all law, which as
you know is necessary for the regulation of societies, and encompasses international, national, state,
tribal and
religious law amongst others. and, 'bad' laws which cause destruction will remain as long as
ignorance does.

the consequences? you tell me, the batteries in my crystal ball are flat.

the examples of rowdy behaviour I believe is more of a reflection on our
social structure and lack of enforcement of laws, which lead to lack of accountability.

law enforcement is only a political issue at election and not a 'full term' issue.

On the respect issue, I would see this as being embodied  in the UN declaration of human  rights, and say that all people except trolls, deserve respect.

It seems sad if your team loses a match, then it IS sad.i
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 1:49pm by magpie »  

”We are the Borg. Lower your shields and surrender your ships. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service us. Resistance is futile.”

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #564 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 8:04pm

"Our law-makers, the politicians in our adversarial system, are interested in two things, the pursuit of power and the maintenance of power, bring us back to pressure groups. (Jim Cairns was an exception and I'm sure a few others). They are not incapable, rather, self-interested.

the examples of rowdy behaviour I believe is more of a reflection on our social structure and lack of enforcement of laws, which lead to lack of accountability. "

So you agree with me ,  but you didn't really need to re-phrase it slightly, and repeat it, Magpie.. Smiley

My hi-lites -- I'll expand...

not incapable (love double negatives myself Wink)  ...........

rather,  self-interested....I've got to say that any pollie who puts self-interest first, IS  incapable.

live every day

IP Logged

magpie

"You're good.. You're
very good.."

Reply #565 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 8:31pm

Emma wrote on Oct 1st, 2012 at 8:04pm:
"Our law-makers, the politicians in our adversarial system, are interested in two things, the pursuit of power and the maintenance of power, bring us back to pressure groups. (Jim Cairns was an exception and I'm sure a few others). They are not incapable, rather, self-interested.

the examples of rowdy behaviour I believe is more of a reflection on our social structure and lack of enforcement of laws, which lead to lack of accountability. "

So you agree with me ,  but you didn't really need to re-phrase it slightly, and repeat it, Magpie.. Smiley

My hi-lites -- I'll expand...

not incapable (love double negatives myself Wink)  ...........

rather,  self-interested....I've got to say that any pollie who puts self-interest first, IS  incapable.

thank you for that. I shall acknowledge your guidance when I write my book.
In the meantime, please guide this unworthy ppl (singular), on to the true path, the road to political utopia.
now, a gift for you. *hands Emma Peel a puffing fish*.. I am a much better person now that you have shewn me da light, glory be..

As I went down in the river to pray
Studying about that good old way
And who shall wear the starry crown,
Emma Peel, show me the way !
(gospel trad. adapted)

cricket umpires arm points to the heavens "six"!
« Last Edit: Oct 2nd, 2012 at 1:35pm by magpie »  

IP Logged

Emma
Gold Member

Australian Politics

OZ
Reply #566 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 9:22pm

hee hee  Grin Wink

pleased I could help Smiley

I rate myself a 6  in cricket terms too.!!
Thanks  Smiley

live every day

IP Logged

RedRoses

Australian Politics

Reply #567 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 6:26pm

Simply impliment policy like the USA. Card holders only, for those with medical conditions.

IP Logged

Bobby.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #568 - Nov 7th, 2012 at 6:32pm

muso wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 7:56pm:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 4:10pm:
muso wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 1:25pm:
Bobby. wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 9:33am:
muso wrote on Mar 4th, 2011 at 7:43pm:
Keep it illegal.

I couldn't care less about someone puffing a bit of pot once a week on a Saturday night.
People who smoke it all the time worry me a bit.
I really think that hunting down potheads is
a bit like the witch hunts of the Middle Ages.

Hunt  down dealers. Ignore those who use small quantities for personal use (except for driving).  Otherwise, keep it illegal.
http://www.drugs.health.gov.au/internet/drugs/publishing.nsf/content/marijuana

Muso - do those bad effects pertain to someone who has one puff of a pot cigarette
once every 3 months - or do they refer to someone who smokes very strong stuff
all day every day for years on end?
It all depends on the dosage surely?
There was no dosage data in that list of effects.
I expected more from you as my scientific friend on Ozpolitic.

I'm not an expert on Marijuana, but the links on that page may provide  answers to your questions.

It always depends on the dosage.

No Muso - there is nothing about dosage.

IP Logged

Citizen

Australian Politics

Reply #569 - Mar 8th, 2013 at 10:33am

prohibition does not work!

Proven time and time again that it only serves to fund organized crime, and corrupt officials.

It also forces a large percentage of people to be in direct contact with criminals on a regular basis, allowing pot to become the gateway to harder drugs and crime. 

The statics show that 5.5 million Australians over the age of 14 have used pot, with the law as it currently stands more than 25% of Australians are classified as criminals for this action.

I argue that any and all victimless crimes should be revoked as they are nothing short of our government impede on the freedoms of its people.

I don't smoke myself, just thought I would state that to avoid any negative stigma attached to the action, I just believe in FREEDOM.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 ... 59
Send Topic Print