Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print
The fantasy of the left ............. (Read 10785 times)
Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

The fantasy of the left .............
Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:48pm

............ is their subconscious nonthinking that whatever money the govt spends is ........... just there.
it's as neverending as the waves on a beach.

they have no concept that the govt makes NO money.
they spend MY money and how they spend it is wasteful.

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

Infarction
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: The fantasy of the left .............
Reply #1 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 5:39am

Thats a good story.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 5:46am

and typical that you think it is 'good'.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Infarction
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 5:49am

I'm sure that made sense to you at the time.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 6:14am

Infarction wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 5:49am:
I'm sure that made sense to you at the time.

More sense than anything that has leaked out of your partisan, single celled brain.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Infarction
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 6:38am

Ooohhh

Quality response.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 6:40am

and even then, it is better than your pointless remarks.

IP Logged

Infarction
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 6:45am

Another one.

You are on fire !!  Grin

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #8 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:32am

This may lead to the big question

~ What IS a Governments Role?

...no bugger it. I watched MY money go ( and wasted) much of it  to the wealthy in the F#@* Howard Liberal era....

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #9 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:38am

The problem with the Left is that they always add social advancement and social equality into everything.

They seem completely incapable of running policy on economic argument and cost/benefit analyses.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #10 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:48am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:38am:
The problem with the Left is that they always add social advancement and social equality into everything.

They seem completely incapable of running policy on economic argument and cost/benefit analyses.

I guess the problem the right has is that they can't see a benefit to anything that costs, and believe in the mantra of the survival of the fittest.  You would think that you would be the ones who understand investments.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:49am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:48pm:
............ is their subconscious nonthinking that whatever money the govt spends is ........... just there.

I hope you do realise that made absolutely no sense. Subconscious non-thinking? What?

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #12 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:52am

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:48am:

I guess the problem the right has is that they can't see a benefit to anything that costs, and believe in the mantra of the survival of the fittest.  You would think that you would be the ones who understand investments.

I consider myself on the Right side of the political spectrum.
I believe in free enterprise and market capitalism.

If a project has untold financial benefits, there I am supportive of capital investment.

I cannot see a pure economic benefit in rolling out this program to people in the countryside.
I dont think it passes a pure economic CBA.

Rolling out to the countryside first as well does not pass the payback model. You look for maximum take-up at maximum economic contribution, I don't think you get that rolling it out to the hillbillies before city people.

It seems the programme is being led by social improvement before economic one.
Which is kinda like putting your cart to pull the horse.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #13 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:57am

You know SO MUCH about money tell me one goverment that has ever done a cost benefit analyses on any money they spent.

A cost benefit analyses would look good if they done it on denfence wouldn't it.

I am sick of you liberals always saying the goverment should do a CBA all the time.

'The worst Labor Government is always better then the best Liberal government for Australians workers'
IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #14 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:02am

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:57am:

You know SO MUCH about money tell me one goverment that has ever done a cost benefit analyses on any money they spent.

A cost benefit analyses would look good if they done it on denfence wouldn't it.

I am sick of you liberals always saying the goverment should do a CBA all the time.

It wouldn`t have hurt to have had a CBA on the BER rort, or would that have defeated the purpose?  Everything we do in life has tb be planned and analised, to not plan AND analise prior to commitment is the action of a child or an idiot.

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #15 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:02am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:52am:

If a project has untold financial benefits, there I am supportive of capital investment.

I cannot see a pure economic benefit in rolling out this program to people in the countryside.

Rolling out to the countryside first as well does not pass the payback model. You look for maximum take-up at maximum economic contribution, I don't think you get that rolling it out to the hillbillies before city people.

Put it another way then Howard should of fix the railways in the cities before he done the Alice Springs to Dawrin railway line then

'The worst Labor Government is always better then the best Liberal government for Australians workers'
IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #16 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:04am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:02am:

It wouldn`t have hurt to have had a CBA on the BER rort, or would that have defeated the purpose?  Everything we do in life has tb be planned and analised, to not plan AND analise prior to commitment is the action of a child or an idiot.

Answer the Question.

What goverment has ever done a CBA?

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:04am

Quote:
This may lead to the big question

~ What IS a Governments Role?

...no bugger it. I watched MY money go ( and wasted) much of it  to the wealthy in the F#@* Howard Liberal era....

Realistically though, you are envious of anyone who buys their own clothes & food & doesn`t have to lie in the gutter to meet up with their own best friends.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:05am

Sometimes, just sometimes, governments need to look at social improvement on a large scale.  Or would you prefer that they only look at building the GDP so that eventually Australians can all build their own small NBN?

Not to mention that it makes perfect sense to release infrastructure into a communities that are behind the average; considering it is also government responsibility to ensure everyone is able to have access to NATIONAL infrastructure and services.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:06am

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:02am:

Put it another way then Howard should of fix the railways in the cities before he done the Alice Springs to Dawrin railway line then

And you should have spent more time at school instead of wagging it to sniff glue all day. And I`ll begin any sentence I like with AND just to mak you feel more comfortable DUDE. Tongue

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:07am

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:04am:

It wouldn`t have hurt to have had a CBA on the BER rort, or would that have defeated the purpose?  Everything we do in life has tb be planned and analised, to not plan AND analise prior to commitment is the action of a child or an idiot.

Answer the Question.

Do your own research, they wern`t all totally illiterate, unnumbered imbeciles.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:09am

Agreed.  At the same time, too much analysis and planning will stifen and destroy every project we attempt because you can always find limitations in anything, and if you are going to be as prudent as what you suggest you'd never begin anything.

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #22 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:10am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:06am:

And you should have spent more time at school instead of wagging it to sniff glue all day. And I`ll begin any sentence I like with AND just to mak you feel more comfortable DUDE. Tongue

Goody Goody we have the grammer and spelling police online. We are all save.

Now answer the question or can't you?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:13am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:07am:

Answer the Question.

I agree not all politicans over the years have been totally illiterate but I'm pretty sure from 1996 to 2007 we had Howard...Abbott...Vanstone...Ruddock...Bishop...Downer...Hockey...Robb... 

So...between 1996 and 2007 was there ever a CBA done on national projects?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #24 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:16am

Quote:

I suppose that if you believed this carp you would think it is time to put the right - absolutly unrestricted free market guys back into control.

Come to think of it we could use another GFC about now.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #25 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:10am:

Jack what university did you say you went to again mate?
Was it Harvard or Yale?

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:16am:
Quote:

I suppose that if you believed this carp you would think it is time to put the right - absolutly unrestricted free market guys back into control.

We have one     GILLARD FINANCIAL CRISIS

Grin Grin

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:22am

bwood1946 wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am:
Dnarever wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:16am:
Quote:

We have one     GILLARD FINANCIAL CRISIS

Grin Grin

And, ladies and gentlemen, we've just worked out the fantasy of the right.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:23am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am:

Was it Harvard or Yale?

Andrei, this is Australia not America. We don't have to go to university to learn how to read and spell mate Wink

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #29 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:24am

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:23am:

Was it Harvard or Yale?

Andrei, this is Australia not America. We don't have to go to university to learn how to read and spell mate Wink

Sorry I think Jack is a walking example of how thick and uneducated a lot of Aussies are.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #30 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:25am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:24am:

Was it Harvard or Yale?

Sorry I think Jack is a walking example of how thick and uneducated a lot of Aussies are.

Comparing to you mate he is still Einstein Wink

Regardless of what your belief is, I should repeat, we don't have to go to university to learn how to read and write.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #31 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:35am

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:25am:

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

IP Logged

Sprintcyclist
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #32 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:39am

hahahahah

Modern Classic Right Wing

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:41am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:35am:

Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin  Grin

Smiley

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #34 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:47am

Was it Harvard or Yale?

So you can't answer the question either andrei.

I type slowly so you can understand it

WHAT GOVERMENT HAS EVER DONE A CBA?

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #35 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:50am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:07am:

Answer the Question.

I don't have to do any research it all you liberals that is saying there should be a CBA done.

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #36 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 12:58pm

I ask a question about 3 hours ago
What goverment has ever done a CBA?"
and all the liberals run with their tails between their legs and don't answer the question.

They try to put me down by saying my grammer and spelling was not up to their standard, or what university I went to. What is the old saying sticks and stones.

Andrei you don't need brains to go to university, especially to do an accountant course, they even let you go.

My brother done an accountant course through TAFE. So you are not high and mighty like you think you are. Accountant course at uni is on par with someone doing an Arts course.

I went to East Sydney TAFE and got my B.A.  (Bar Attendent)   Smiley  Grin  so I am just as good as you if not better.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 1:03pm

"I went to East Sydney TAFE and got my B.A.  (Bar Attendent)"

If you had the naos to consider if the expense was worth the reward, you did a form of CBA.  if you didn`t, you are a dunce.

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #38 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 1:32pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 1:03pm:
"I went to East Sydney TAFE and got my B.A.  (Bar Attendent)"

If you had the naos to consider if the expense was worth the reward, you did a form of CBA.  if you didn`t, you are a dunce.

When I went to TAFE I was a part time bar attendent doing about 15 hours a week, when I finish the course I became Bar Manager doing about 50 hours a week, and the club paid for the course so it only cost me my time.

IP Logged

viewpoint
Gold Member

A joke is a very serious
thing. [Winston]

Reply #39 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 2:54pm

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 1:32pm:
When I went to TAFE I was a part time bar attendent doing about 15 hours a week, when I finish the course I became Bar Manager doing about 50 hours a week, and the club paid for the course so it only cost me my time.

Do you intend to go further and do a PhD……..you know Perhaps a Heineken Drink? Maybe even another degree BServing a coke (BSc)………….lol

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Sir Winston Churchill

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #40 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:53pm

viewpoint wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 2:54pm:
Quote:
I went to East Sydney TAFE and got my B.A.  (Bar Attendent)   Smiley  Grin  so I am just as good as you if not better.

Do you intend to go further and do a PhD……..you know Perhaps a Heineken Drink? Maybe even another degree BServing a coke (BSc)………….lol

I put that part up to show andrei how stupid he is saying all the time about his universtry course

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #41 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:55pm

Quote:
not everyone wants their lifestyle severely limited in such a way.
Andrei

Well anyone who can think for themselves is way ahead of the pack in regard to intelligence, or education, and the two of those have very little to do with each other.
Jack's crack about accountants was right for my generation, at my private catholic school, kids were "streamed" dependent upon their "abilities, good at humanities, the law, godd at sciences, medicine, good at nothing, accounting.

Because of this tradition in my school, I always struggled to stop myself immediately discounting all accountants as lacklustre drones, because a lot are actually very clever and decent people, but the reality is that any cretin can become one, as very little natural intelligence is required to fulfill their role.
In fact very many professions that people assume requires a high intelligence to get into, is not necessarily the case, and many average students can achieve whatever goal they set for themselves, if they are prepared to work for it.
The smartest guy at queensland university mows the lawn, because he is socially maladjusted and cannot use his naturally high IQ productively, so let's not get too caught up in who is smart and who is not.

Being kind, and being good is far more important than being smart, and if you can be all three, then you have truly made the best of your life.

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #42 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:56pm

viewpoint wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 2:54pm:

How about a FOTcourse .....  lol Foster on tap

IP Logged

mozzaok
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Melbourne
Reply #43 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:59pm

Don't know about FOT, but a few around here are absolutely FOS. (Assuming FOT stands for Full Of Themselves)

OOPS!!! My Karma, ran over your Dogma!

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #44 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 4:01pm

mozzaok wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 3:55pm:
Quote:
not everyone wants their lifestyle severely limited in such a way.
Andrei

Well anyone who can think for themselves is way ahead of the pack in regard to intelligence, or education, and the two of those have very little to do with each other.
Jack's crack about accountants was right for my generation, at my private catholic school, kids were "streamed" dependent upon their "abilities, good at humanities, the law, godd at sciences, medicine, good at nothing, accounting.

Because of this tradition in my school, I always struggled to stop myself immediately discounting all accountants as lacklustre drones, because a lot are actually very clever and decent people, but the reality is that any cretin can become one, as very little natural intelligence is required to fulfill their role.
In fact very many professions that people assume requires a high intelligence to get into, is not necessarily the case, and many average students can achieve whatever goal they set for themselves, if they are prepared to work for it.
The smartest guy at queensland university mows the lawn, because he is socially maladjusted and cannot use his naturally high IQ productively, so let's not get too caught up in who is smart and who is not.

Being kind, and being good is far more important than being smart, and if you can be all three, then you have truly made the best of your life.

mozzark the trouble with andrei he thinks he is above everyone because he went to uni and done a accountant course. It is like a Art course anyone could do it you don't need brains.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #45 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:39pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 1:03pm:
"I went to East Sydney TAFE and got my B.A.  (Bar Attendent)"

If you had the naos to consider if the expense was worth the reward, you did a form of CBA.  if you didn`t, you are a dunce.

So you did assess the viability (CBA) of the exercise.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Reply #46 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 11:55pm

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:47am:

Was it Harvard or Yale?

So you can't answer the question either andrei.

I type slowly so you can understand it

WHAT GOVERMENT HAS EVER DONE A CBA?

NONE

Yet the Opposition present a CBA as some sort of precedented STANDARD

Had this BEEN a "standard requirement" we would have ...

NO

Overland telegraph

We would have had ...

NO

Snowy Mountains Scheme

We would have had ...

NO

Melbourne to Sydney co-axal cable (back in the 1960's)

We would have had ...

NO

Indian Pacific Rail line

We would have ...

NO

Public Hospitals

We would have had ...

NO

Aged and Disability Pensions

The list goes ON

In fact, had we built this country on a "Cost beneifit analasys" mentality, all we would have is .....

You guessed it ....

The establishment of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is the ONLY piece of legislation that would have passed the NEW CRITERIA of being "cost effective" presented by the Liberal and National parties - over the last 250 years
iii

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

viewpoint
Gold Member

A joke is a very serious
thing. [Winston]

Reply #47 - Dec 25th, 2010 at 7:16am

Buzz, not everybody here has poor eyesight like you, or finds your Technicolor laden posts anything other than boring……so don’t keep shouting….there’s a good chap.

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.
- Sir Winston Churchill

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #48 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 6:25am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:24am:

Was it Harvard or Yale?

Regardless of what your belief is, I should repeat, we don't have to go to university to learn how to read and write.

Thanks alevine for you support

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #49 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 6:28am

viewpoint wrote on Dec 25th, 2010 at 7:16am:
Buzz, not everybody here has poor eyesight like you, or finds your Technicolor laden posts anything other than boring……so don’t keep shouting….there’s a good chap.

Buzz another one that can't or won't answer the question

What goverment has ever done a CBA

Notice if the liberals can't answer a question they have to attack you

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 7:38am

John S wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 6:28am:

You are harping against a fundamental step in commercial decision making.

IP Logged

viewpoint
Gold Member

A joke is a very serious
thing. [Winston]

Reply #51 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 7:42am

No point in answering your “questions” Cracker Jack, no matter what anybody else says your laborshyte mind only comprehends gillardite crap and I don’t speak the language.

New crayons for Christmas eh……

- Sir Winston Churchill

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #52 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 8:58am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 7:38am:

You are harping against a fundamental step in commercial decision making.

And all you liberals are harping on about having a CBA done on the NBN

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 9:09am

I couldnt agree more...I flash past real quick.its like dealing with kids.

lets face it its hard to take serious isnt it?

I dont knoe what ozpolitics is thinking about really do they want this board to be taken seriously???? I mean they take it upon themselves to remove certain posts  as they see dont fit on here.. then they make it possible for some to use the most ridiculous TOYS.. will I call them that?.. to really stuff up any intelligent conversation.. silly faces are bad enough mods.. give us a break.

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 9:11am

LOL.. and the labs never dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #55 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 9:19am

Sprintcyclist wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:48pm:

True sprint.

Accountability has never been a good trait of the lefties.

As evident by Julia Gillard's instant refusal on any Cost Benefit Analysis for her policies. But isntantly demanding the same for any of the Liberals.

It's hard to soar like an eagle when conversing with turkeys

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #56 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 9:20am

I thought when gillard trumps out the 'FULLY COSTED FULLY FUNDED" mantra.. thats what she meant by a CBA...No So?????

I guess it cant be as her fully costed never works out does it?

I see where the British Olympics.. is coming in ahead of time and undercost..can you imagine that happening here..lol.

putting up a tent would run overcost I am almost sure.

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #57 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 9:21am

The Liberal party.
A CBA is a mandatory demand by Julia Gillard for any Liberal policy, yet Julia Gillard refuses to provide any for her own policies.
Why is that?

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #58 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 9:33am

Quote:
yet Julia Gillard refuses to provide any for her own policies

So you have the list of Liberal party CBAs over the years there do you mel lies? .
No point bitching, no matter how good you are at it, if neither party  do the thing you bitch so long and hard about. You just look like a HYPOCRITE, princess.

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #59 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 10:16am

skippy. wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 9:33am:
Quote:

So you have the list of Liberal party CBAs over the years there do you mel lies? .
No point bitching, no matter how good you are at it, if neither party  do the thing you bitch so long and hard about. You just look like a HYPOCRITE, princess.

Did you look at the demands by Julia Gillard in August this year?
And did you see that the Liberal party released the CBA prior to the election?
And have you noticed that the ALP haven't released their CBA still?

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #60 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 10:41am

Miss Anne Dryst wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 10:16am:
Quote:

No point bitching, no matter how good you are at it, if neither party  do the thing you bitch so long and hard about. You just look like a HYPOCRITE, princess.

What the Liberal party released was their costing of their policies same as the Labor did, but the labor party done their through the Treasury, which is require by law, not some H and R block firm from Western Australia It wasn't CBA if it was you tell me what benefits there would of been.

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #61 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 10:56am

John S wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 10:41am:
Miss Anne Dryst wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 10:16am:
Quote:

What the Liberal party released was their costing of their policies same as the Labor did, but the labor party done their through the Treasury, which is require by law, not some H and R block firm from Western Australia It wasn't CBA if it was you tell me what benefits there would of been.

No, the ALP wanted a CBA by "independant" (govt) authority and they got it. And then the ALP attacked the findings as being the god's gift.

Besides, we all know that govt figures are rubbery at best.
What have the lefties got to hide?
The ALP do have something to hide, that is blatantly obvious.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #62 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 11:33am

Well I noticed the Liberal party released some costing, as did Labor and as is customary. What I also noticed is the Liberal parties costing they released were billions of dollars OUT.
You still haven't provided Liberal party CBAs, mel lies, I know you cant, just admit you're a hypo critter.
How many sox are swimming around in that fishbowl today,goldfish?

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #63 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 11:59am

Why won't the ALP release the CBA findings on the NBN?

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #64 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 12:10pm

Prediction:

The ALP to be vanquished by the Independents and the Greens.

The Liberals to take on the Unions with their Eureka Stockade Flag.

"Three Cheers to the Indies, Greens and the Libs !!!"

...then a Republic Wink

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #65 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 12:33pm

skippy. wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 11:33am:
Well I noticed the Liberal party released some costing, as did Labor and as is customary. What I also noticed is the Liberal parties costing they released were billions of dollars OUT.
You still haven't provided Liberal party CBAs, mel lies, I know you cant, just admit you're a hypo critter.

If you believe that the ALP could do the NBN for 43 bill, you are even sillier than I thought, which is quite an achievement.

IP Logged

James Bluntus

Australian Politics

Reply #66 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 12:54pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 12:33pm:

If you believe that the ALP could do the NBN for 43 bill, you are even sillier than I thought, which is quite an achievement.

http://optuszoo.com.au/news/top/news-com-au/nbn-to-cost-aussies-at-least-56-a-month/262596

Did you miss this Aussie?

Keep David Harris for Wyong. He gets things done.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #67 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:09pm

James Bluntus wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 12:54pm:

http://optuszoo.com.au/news/top/news-com-au/nbn-to-cost-aussies-at-least-56-a-month/262596

What point are you tryign to make other than the NBN itself suggests people will be payin more for interenet than now?

IP Logged

James Bluntus

Australian Politics

Reply #68 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:19pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:09pm:

What point are you tryign to make other than the NBN itself suggests people will be payin more for interenet than now?

No, it will make it cheaper.

56 bucks a months for download?

We currently pay $65 a month.

That adds up.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #69 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:26pm

James Bluntus wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:19pm:

That adds up.

Its OK James, longy is not known for his truthfulness, its a trait of the neo con.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #70 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:30pm

thank dog infrastructure in this country has never been left up to the neo cons, we'd still be using kero lamps if it were.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

James Bluntus

Australian Politics

Reply #71 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:34pm

skippy. wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:30pm:

thank dog infrastructure in this country has never been left up to the neo cons, we'd still be using kero lamps if it were.

No Skip, we would be too far ahead in technology that the economy would not function, as witnessed by their failure of a NBN policy.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #72 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:05pm

Miss Anne Dryst wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 11:59am:
Why won't the ALP release the CBA findings on the NBN?

Why wont goldfish post the proof of Howard gov CBAs?

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #73 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:14pm

skippy. wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 1:26pm:

That adds up.

Its OK James, longy is not known for his truthfulness, its a trait of the neo con.

How you  going Casino all boy long time no see

FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au FRED.bell58@yahoo.com.au  
IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #74 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:16pm

FRED. wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:14pm:

That adds up.

How you  going Casino all boy long time no see

you still in Tasmania

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #75 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:31pm

FRED. wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:16pm:

That adds up.

you still in Tasmania

If you're addressing me, you've got the wrong dude.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

FRED.
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #76 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:36pm

skippy. wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:31pm:
FRED. wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 2:16pm:

That adds up.

you still in Tasmania

If you're addressing me, you've got the wrong dude.

With the word dude must be 2 generations back  "sorry"

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #77 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 3:16pm

That adds up.

james I pay 19.95 a month.. as a pensioner yes $56 a month wil be impossible..you have a" we" when it comes to paying your bills... here its only" I" I am afraid.

a lot of things have to be taken into account.and believe me the NBN isnt at the top of my to live for list.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #78 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 3:35pm

That adds up.

try reading a little more. firstly it says AT LEAST $56 which in the english the rest of us use means that it will generally be MORE than that. Secondly, basing a national policy position based on YOUR internet bill is rather silly. For the record, MY ADLS2+ is less than $56.

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #79 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 3:43pm

Quote:
The Opposition present a CBA as some sort of precedented STANDARD

Had this BEEN a "standard requirement" we would have ...

NO

Overland telegraph

We would have had ...

NO

Snowy Mountains Scheme

We would have had ...

NO

Melbourne to Sydney co-axal cable (back in the 1960's)

We would have had ...

NO

Indian Pacific Rail line

We would have ...

NO

Public Hospitals

We would have had ...

NO

Aged and Disability Pensions

The list goes ON

In fact, had we built this country on a "Cost beneifit analasys" mentality, all we would have is .....

You guessed it ....

The establishment of the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) is the ONLY piece of legislation that would have passed the NEW CRITERIA of being "cost effective" presented by the Liberal and National parties - over the last 250 years
iii

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #80 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 4:06pm

u r such a wanker Buzz. you seem to think that no govt policy or infrastructure was ever analysed before being put in place. Im certain you actually believe that. All that does is show how narrow and partisan your viewpoint is.  It is truly astonishing to listen to you imbecilic laborites actively DEMAND than govts dont analyse thir policies and ensure they weill work and be effective.  And you wonder why thinking voters laugh at you...

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #81 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 4:37pm

Well, I've read the entire Thread and found nothing which even attempts to substantiate the Thread Topic, other than one or two liner personal opinion posts.

"Garbage" Thread.

Where is the Dump, Mods?
« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2010 at 8:09pm by Aussie »  

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #82 - Dec 27th, 2010 at 8:03pm

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 4:06pm:
u r such a wanker Buzz. you seem to think that no govt policy or infrastructure was ever analysed before being put in place....

NO
I DON'T

And that is NOT the issue I high-lighted

ALL government infrastucture funding is subject to Treasury costing -NBN included  
As it WAS
And as it SHOULD be

NO infrastructure investment should be the subject of any CBA or "return on (said) investment" as is the expectation in the private sector

This sets a
VERY DANGEROUS PRECEDENT
for future investment by governments -
"if it doesn't show a projected level of sufficient financial return, don't build it" mentality
- applying to public hospitals, roads, rail lines and everything inbetween
i

« Last Edit: Dec 27th, 2010 at 8:11pm by buzzanddidj »  

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #83 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 6:48am

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 8:03pm:
longweekend58 wrote on Dec 27th, 2010 at 4:06pm:
u r such a wanker Buzz. you seem to think that no govt policy or infrastructure was ever analysed before being put in place....

NO
I DON'T

And that is NOT the issue I high-lighted

ALL government infrastucture funding is subject to Treasury costing -NBN included  
As it WAS
And as it SHOULD be

NO infrastructure investment should be the subject of any CBA or "return on (said) investment" as is the expectation in the private sector

This sets a
VERY DANGEROUS PRECEDENT
for future investment by governments -
"if it doesn't show a projected level of sufficient financial return, don't build it" mentality
- applying to public hospitals, roads, rail lines and everything inbetween
i

if u r building a commercial enterprise - and the NBN is - then of COURSE you shoudl do a CBA! how hard is that??? the NBN is SUPPOSED to be profitable as it is the only way it can continue to run. it is not reasonable to expect the govt to forever subsidise the porn downloads of the average voter. it needs to be PROFITABLE which implies the planning shoudl include a CBA. honestly, buzz. what is your problem with doing the maths on it?

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #84 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 6:55am

Shame the Liberals didn't do the maths on their invasions while they where in government. Just charge in with a tax payer's blank cheque.

There again, Liberals making more push factors for boat refugees is more important than educational/health NBN infrastructure for this country.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #85 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 7:27am

____ wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 6:55am:
Shame the Liberals didn't do the maths on their invasions while they where in government. Just charge in with a tax payer's blank cheque.

There again, Liberals making more push factors for boat refugees is more important than educational/health NBN infrastructure for this country.

That`s airheaded hysteria skippy. We need roads, hospitals, industry, agriculture, education and a multitude of other services and infastructure far ahead of an NBN.  Problem for the tard Gov. is, these projects don`t buy the bogan vote like ratting the treasury for trinkets and bogan baubles does.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #86 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 9:22am

I find it amazing to see the negativity of the Liberal arguments and how successful it tends to be.

We see topic after topic all negative towards anything the government is trying to do, If Labor was to follow the advice given by the right they would just do nothing but then you see the other posts asking what has Gillard done or what have Labor achieved.

Looks like they are being asked to do nothing and being blocked when they try to make changes and then the same people who are causing this are also complaining that not enough is being done.

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #87 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 9:30am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 7:27am:

That`s airheaded hysteria skippy. We need roads, hospitals, industry, agriculture, education and a multitude of other services and infastructure far ahead of an NBN.  Problem for the tard Gov. is, these projects don`t buy the bogan vote like ratting the treasury for trinkets and bogan baubles does.

What else would you expect from a lefty aussie.
Afterall any person with any sign of intelligence would not be a lefty in the first place.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #88 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 9:57am

That`s airheaded hysteria skippy. We need roads, hospitals, industry, agriculture, education and a multitude of other services and infastructure far ahead of an NBN.  Problem for the tard Gov. is, these projects don`t buy the bogan vote like ratting the treasury for trinkets and bogan baubles does.

WHOOSH, silly old fart.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #89 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:01am

skippy. wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 9:57am:

WHOOSH, silly old fart.

See pinky is a contortionsist as well.

fartsniffer.jpg (8 KB | 43 )
fartsniffer.jpg

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #90 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:10am

Miss Anne Dryst wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:01am:

WHOOSH, silly old fart.

Morning mel lies, how they hanging today goldfish?

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #91 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:43am

The issue that I have, and have always had with the Left is that they always want to take people's money that have got on in life and give it to deadbeats and losers.

Why should I pay for other people?
Why should someone else get healthcare and pay in nothing for it?
Why should people be given housing and education out of my taxes when I am already paying for my own children to have theirs?

We have all struggled and made sacrifices in life, me included, I am from a working class ordinary background.
Yet did I bitch, moan and complain when things went against me?
No, neither should anyone.

"The trouble with Socialists, is that they are very good at spending other people's money"

Margaret Thatcher

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #92 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:48am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:43am:
The issue that I have, and have always had with the Left is that they always want to take people's money that have got on in life and give it to deadbeats and losers.

Why should people be given housing and education out of my taxes when I am already paying for my own children to have theirs?

We have all struggled and made sacrifices in life, me included, I am from a working class ordinary background.

"The trouble with Socialists, is that they are very good at spending other people's money"

Margaret Thatcher

Fair dinkum, you're like a broken record, fcck off with your me me me me me sh it, no one cares about you, but you. You are nothing but a spoilt  snivelling brat, if you lived in OZ you'd get your ass kicked daily, and that's just by the five year olds. Roll Eyes

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #93 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:49am

We should all pay more in taxes to support deadbeats, losers and third world crap people right??

"Orrr fair dinkum maaate, fair go this is orrtraaaaaaaaaya ay?"

Cheesy

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #94 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:58am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:49am:
We should all pay more in taxes to support deadbeats, losers and third world crap people right??

Cheesy

They do do a lot of thumb exercises on their remotes though.

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #95 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 12:10pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:49am:

Cheesy

Better in my opinion to subsidising first world crap people who do not need the assistance..

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #96 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 2:35pm

skippy. wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:48am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 10:43am:

Margaret Thatcher

Fair dinkum, you're like a broken record, fcck off with your me me me me me sh it, no one cares about you, but you. You are nothing but a spoilt  snivelling brat, if you lived in OZ you'd get your ass kicked daily, and that's just by the five year olds. Roll Eyes

Tantrum alert!!!!

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #97 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 2:40pm

WHOOSH, silly old fart.

Hilarious!  Also explains how dippy aquired his brain damage via oxygen starvation.

IP Logged

Miss Anne Dryst
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #98 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 2:51pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 28th, 2010 at 2:40pm:

WHOOSH, silly old fart.

Hilarious!  Also explains how dippy aquired his brain damage via oxygen starvation.

LOL
In tears LOL

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #99 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 2:20pm

Just don't forget to do a CBA on each of the projects re: roads, hospitals, industry, agriculture, education, etc.etc.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 
Send Topic Print