Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print
The fantasy of the left ............. (Read 10623 times)
John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Re: The fantasy of the left .............
Reply #15 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:02am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:52am:
sir prince duke alevine wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:48am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:38am:
The problem with the Left is that they always add social advancement and social equality into everything.

They seem completely incapable of running policy on economic argument and cost/benefit analyses.

I guess the problem the right has is that they can't see a benefit to anything that costs, and believe in the mantra of the survival of the fittest.  You would think that you would be the ones who understand investments.

I consider myself on the Right side of the political spectrum.
I believe in free enterprise and market capitalism.

If a project has untold financial benefits, there I am supportive of capital investment.

I cannot see a pure economic benefit in rolling out this program to people in the countryside.
I dont think it passes a pure economic CBA.

Rolling out to the countryside first as well does not pass the payback model. You look for maximum take-up at maximum economic contribution, I don't think you get that rolling it out to the hillbillies before city people.

It seems the programme is being led by social improvement before economic one.
Which is kinda like putting your cart to pull the horse.

Put it another way then Howard should of fix the railways in the cities before he done the Alice Springs to Dawrin railway line then

'The worst Labor Government is always better then the best Liberal government for Australians workers'
IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #16 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:04am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:02am:
John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 8:57am:
The problem with the Left is that they always add social advancement and social equality into everything.

They seem completely incapable of running policy on economic argument and cost/benefit analyses.

You know SO MUCH about money tell me one goverment that has ever done a cost benefit analyses on any money they spent.

A cost benefit analyses would look good if they done it on denfence wouldn't it.

I am sick of you liberals always saying the goverment should do a CBA all the time.

It wouldn`t have hurt to have had a CBA on the BER rort, or would that have defeated the purpose?  Everything we do in life has tb be planned and analised, to not plan AND analise prior to commitment is the action of a child or an idiot.

Answer the Question.

What goverment has ever done a CBA?

'The worst Labor Government is always better then the best Liberal government for Australians workers'
IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:04am

Quote:
This may lead to the big question

~ What IS a Governments Role?

...no bugger it. I watched MY money go ( and wasted) much of it  to the wealthy in the F#@* Howard Liberal era....

Realistically though, you are envious of anyone who buys their own clothes & food & doesn`t have to lie in the gutter to meet up with their own best friends.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:05am

I guess the problem the right has is that they can't see a benefit to anything that costs, and believe in the mantra of the survival of the fittest.  You would think that you would be the ones who understand investments.

If a project has untold financial benefits, there I am supportive of capital investment.

I cannot see a pure economic benefit in rolling out this program to people in the countryside.

Rolling out to the countryside first as well does not pass the payback model. You look for maximum take-up at maximum economic contribution, I don't think you get that rolling it out to the hillbillies before city people.

Sometimes, just sometimes, governments need to look at social improvement on a large scale.  Or would you prefer that they only look at building the GDP so that eventually Australians can all build their own small NBN?

Not to mention that it makes perfect sense to release infrastructure into a communities that are behind the average; considering it is also government responsibility to ensure everyone is able to have access to NATIONAL infrastructure and services.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:06am

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:02am:

Put it another way then Howard should of fix the railways in the cities before he done the Alice Springs to Dawrin railway line then

And you should have spent more time at school instead of wagging it to sniff glue all day. And I`ll begin any sentence I like with AND just to mak you feel more comfortable DUDE. Tongue

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:07am

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:04am:

You know SO MUCH about money tell me one goverment that has ever done a cost benefit analyses on any money they spent.

A cost benefit analyses would look good if they done it on denfence wouldn't it.

I am sick of you liberals always saying the goverment should do a CBA all the time.

It wouldn`t have hurt to have had a CBA on the BER rort, or would that have defeated the purpose?  Everything we do in life has tb be planned and analised, to not plan AND analise prior to commitment is the action of a child or an idiot.

Answer the Question.

Do your own research, they wern`t all totally illiterate, unnumbered imbeciles.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:09am

Agreed.  At the same time, too much analysis and planning will stifen and destroy every project we attempt because you can always find limitations in anything, and if you are going to be as prudent as what you suggest you'd never begin anything.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

John S
Gold Member

Fascist Party = Liberal
Party

Reply #22 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:10am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:06am:

And you should have spent more time at school instead of wagging it to sniff glue all day. And I`ll begin any sentence I like with AND just to mak you feel more comfortable DUDE. Tongue

Goody Goody we have the grammer and spelling police online. We are all save.

Now answer the question or can't you?

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:13am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:07am:
John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:04am:

Answer the Question.

Do your own research, they wern`t all totally illiterate, unnumbered imbeciles.

I agree not all politicans over the years have been totally illiterate but I'm pretty sure from 1996 to 2007 we had Howard...Abbott...Vanstone...Ruddock...Bishop...Downer...Hockey...Robb... 

So...between 1996 and 2007 was there ever a CBA done on national projects?

IP Logged

Dnarever
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Here
Reply #24 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:16am

Quote:
The fantasy of the left .............

I suppose that if you believed this carp you would think it is time to put the right - absolutly unrestricted free market guys back into control.

Come to think of it we could use another GFC about now.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #25 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am

John S wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:10am:

Jack what university did you say you went to again mate?
Was it Harvard or Yale?

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am

Dnarever wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:16am:
Quote:

I suppose that if you believed this carp you would think it is time to put the right - absolutly unrestricted free market guys back into control.

We have one     GILLARD FINANCIAL CRISIS

Grin Grin

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:22am

bwood1946 wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am:
Dnarever wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:16am:
Quote:

We have one     GILLARD FINANCIAL CRISIS

Grin Grin

And, ladies and gentlemen, we've just worked out the fantasy of the right.

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:23am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am:

Was it Harvard or Yale?

Andrei, this is Australia not America. We don't have to go to university to learn how to read and spell mate Wink

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #29 - Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:24am

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:23am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 24th, 2010 at 9:20am:

Was it Harvard or Yale?

Andrei, this is Australia not America. We don't have to go to university to learn how to read and spell mate Wink

Sorry I think Jack is a walking example of how thick and uneducated a lot of Aussies are.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 7
Send Topic Print