Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Are you paying your workers 'too much'? (Read 1578 times)
Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Are you paying your workers 'too much'?
Reply #45 - Dec 28th, 2010 at 7:05pm

DNA, I would never run with an EB in our industry, ever.

An EB leaves you at the hands of the Union, and the greed factor kicks in quickly.

I have no desire sitting across a table every few years "negotiating" with people who do not have the best interests of the business at heart.  In my experience Unions are a breeding ground for trouble makers and do far more to create a disharmonous workplace than management could ever hope to.

The 5% of our workforce that creates the most pot stirring and trouble is the only 5% in a Union.

The award gives us the flexability to put our better employees higher up while leaving those who only want to do the minimum get paid the minimum.

At the end of the day, we are responsible to the board as managers of the business.  We are a community asset that needs to ensure a fair system, but most importantly we are in the community for the long haul.  Overpaying wages to staff who wont give us any more for the extra money doesnt serve our purpose.

Our staff turnover is only 15%, not bad for the hospitality sector if you ask me.

With such low turnover, sometimes it isnt always about money.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print