Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print
Climate Change Food Prices Rise (Read 7354 times)
buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Eganstown, via Daylesford, VIC
Re: Climate Change Food Prices Rise
Reply #30 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 7:16am

adelcrow wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:55pm:
Speaking of climate change..whatever happened to the sceptics poster boy.
Leaping Lord Monkfish or what ever his name was, you know the fella that claimed 95% of the world scientists are unqualified, greedy, corrupt meglomaniacs  unlike the worlds oil executives that are Jesus like misunderstood tellers of the rightous truth

Just curious because I havent heard of him lately or maybe he has moved on to bagging the NBN  Smiley

He's now an "internet blogger"

http://scienceandpublicpolicy.org/monthly_report/november_2010.html

'I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians.
Your Christians are so unlike your Christ.'

- Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #31 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 7:22am

Buzz, Lord Monckton always was an internet blogger

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 7:32am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 7:22am:

But I think the wheels fell off his "Global Travelling Medicine Show"

The OTHER recent sighting ...

Is there no end to the delights of his lordship Christopher Monckton, also known as Viscount Monckton of Brenchley? Or perhaps it would be accurate to ask: is there no beginning to the delights of Lord Monckton?

To the list of his eccentric views on climate change, Europe, HIV/Aids and ... well, most things, we can add his public subscription to the "birther" cause: the idea that Barack Obama may have been born in Kenya and is therefore not the legitimate president of the United States of America.

The vigilant blogger David Weigel, now at the Washington Post, witnessed Monckton's speech yesterday to tea party-ers at the Mall in Washington DC, at an event organised by FreedomWorks, the right-wing-funded astroturf (as in, fake grass roots) noise machine:

"America!" said Monckton at the start of his speech. "Land of opportunity! You can be born in Kenya and end up as president of the United States!"

That remark was well received in the crowd, if not as boisterously applauded as Monckton's other jokes. After the speech ... a reporter from USA Today and I both asked Monckton whether he was joking.

"I have no idea where he was born," said Monckton, who was working the crowd and signing autographs. "What I do find strange is that the public records of his Hawaiian birth have been sealed, and can not be obtained by the public. His lawyers have spent a lot of money trying to seal the records of his public life. All of those records should be open to the public, as they always were for previous presidents."

I pointed out to Monckton that the state of Hawaii released Obama's certification of live birth nearly two years and ago, and that the persistent challenges to his citizenship have inspired some members of the military to refuse to serve under Obama.

"The effective classification of all of these documents of his early life is surely contrary to the spirit of freedom and openness in the Democratic west," said Monckton. "It's bound to raise questions in some peoples' minds. However! I have no idea where he's born, but it made a nice joke."

In fact, the public record of his Hawaiian birth have been released and confirmed by the Republican governor and state of Hawaii. There is no question of that, and to suggest otherwise is to put yourself into a very small and unhappy subset. Monckton's "nice joke" is on himself.

Luckily for the Conservative party, it parted ways with Monckton some time ago. His lordship is currently a member of the UK Independence Party.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/apr/16/lord-monckton-oba...
« Last Edit: Dec 29th, 2010 at 7:43am by buzzanddidj »  

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #33 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:00am

The Government and Business have crossed the legal line on using Climate change as an excuse to run a scientific race based economy robbing the poor to give to the rich.  They have clear legal obligations and the rich are not entitled to be subsidized by the poor and the Pensioners, the Magna Carta settled that eight centuries ago.  If I had my way I would shut down ABC 24 Channel and sack the entire on air staff for treason and presenting state propaganda rather than journalism and none 9of them would ever work again in this country in any capacity. Smiley

I condemn Male Violence Against Women
The Government Supports Gynocide
There Is Something Dreadfully Wrong With Men

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:07am

Prevailing wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:00am:
The Government and Business have crossed the legal line on using Climate change as an excuse to run a scientific race based economy robbing the poor to give to the rich.  They have clear legal obligations and the rich are not entitled to be subsidized by the poor and the Pensioners, the Magna Carta settled that eight centuries ago.  If I had my way I would shut down ABC 24 Channel and sack the entire on air staff for treason and presenting state propaganda rather than journalism and none 9of them would ever work again in this country in any capacity. Smiley

NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #35 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:16am

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:07am:
The Government and Business have crossed the legal line on using Climate change as an excuse to run a scientific race based economy robbing the poor to give to the rich.  They have clear legal obligations and the rich are not entitled to be subsidized by the poor and the Pensioners, the Magna Carta settled that eight centuries ago.  If I had my way I would shut down ABC 24 Channel and sack the entire on air staff for treason and presenting state propaganda rather than journalism and none 9of them would ever work again in this country in any capacity. Smiley

NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !

I have just reported this offensive post to the moderator.  Hopefully this is the last we will see of this ID again. Smiley

IP Logged

chicken_lipsforme
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Townsville NQ
Reply #36 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:27am

____ wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 12:38pm:
Should a portion of the mineral tax on coal be directed to helping people cope with the beginning of spiraling food prices because of Human Caused Climate Change?

Your using new tea leaves too now Green.
Have you become a soothsayer yourself now.
Or are you smoking too much wacky baccy.

"Another boat, another policy failure from the Howard government"

Julia Gillard
Shadow Health Minister

IP Logged

buzzanddidj
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #37 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 1:42pm

Prevailing wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:16am:

NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !

I have just reported this offensive post to the moderator.  Hopefully this is the last we will see of this ID again. Smiley

For God's SAKE, man
Read back your post back to yourself

Do you think ANYONE has ANY doubts about your mental state ?

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #38 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 1:45pm

Prevailing wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 8:16am:

NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !
NUT_JOB ALERT !

I have just reported this offensive post to the moderator.  Hopefully this is the last we will see of this ID again. Smiley

I agree.

Buzz please stop with your persistent offensive posts.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #39 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 2:06pm

Lord Mockton is the Al Gore of the right.
Both hyprcrictial, both in it to feather their own nests, both quoted by extremists from their particular side.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #40 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 2:14pm

Thing is -

why would people want to pay more for a electricity or power?

I mean - why should we?!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

sir prince duke alevine
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 3:40pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 2:14pm:
Thing is -

I mean - why should we?!

We shouldn't!  Agreed.

now...what happens when all the coal goes... Demand vs. Supply theory suggests that as demand increases and supply decreases the supply becomes more expensive. 

Fair enough this may not happen for many many years in front of us, but any long term thinker would be thinking about ways to avoid this to keep their electricity prices down.  Any short term thinker would continue to whinge and ask why nobody is thinking of the children.

Disclaimer for Mothra per POST so it is forever acknowledged: Saying 'Islam' or 'Muslims' doesn't mean ALL muslims. This does not target individual muslims who's opinion I am not aware of.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #42 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 4:05pm

buzzanddidj wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 7:32am:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 7:22am:

But I think the wheels fell off his "Global Travelling Medicine Show"

[size=14]Only if you're prepared to say the same thing about Al Gore

http://blog.algore.com/

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #43 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 10:38pm

sir prince duke alevine wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 3:40pm:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Dec 29th, 2010 at 2:14pm:
Thing is -

I mean - why should we?!

We shouldn't!  Agreed.

now...what happens when all the coal goes... Demand vs. Supply theory suggests that as demand increases and supply decreases the supply becomes more expensive.  

Fair enough this may not happen for many many years in front of us, but any long term thinker would be thinking about ways to avoid this to keep their electricity prices down.  Any short term thinker would continue to whinge and ask why nobody is thinking of the children.

WE ARE THINKING ABOUT IT!!  whgat do u think this renewable energy 'thing' is. it takes time - something some people fail to understand.

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

Prevailing
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Stop Men
Reply #44 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 11:43pm

We need to get a Royal commission up into the climate gate scandal and get the Fabians gaoled for treason and fraud, for stealing from the consolidated revenue. Smiley

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Send Topic Print