Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print
Climate Change Food Prices Rise (Read 7356 times)
longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Climate Change Food Prices Rise
Reply #15 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 5:50am

adelcrow wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 8:18pm:
Na..I decided to cook up my own batch and I think I got the quantities wrong.
But Im still curious as to what happened to him  Smiley

Just because he is a crazy moron doesnt make the anti-ACC crowd wrong. after all the pro-ACC groups has hysterics like woody and All Gore on their side as well!

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #16 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 7:31am

adelcrow wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 7:55pm:
Speaking of climate change..whatever happened to the sceptics poster boy.
Leaping Lord Monkfish or what ever his name was, you know the fella that claimed 95% of the world scientists are unqualified, greedy, corrupt meglomaniacs  unlike the worlds oil executives that are Jesus like misunderstood tellers of the rightous truth

Just curious because I havent heard of him lately or maybe he has moved on to bagging the NBN  Smiley

Lord Monckton was at Cancun with Dr Roy Spencer......
It seems that the only Main Stream Media that bothered to print anything was the Guardian...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #17 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 7:42am

longweekend58 wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 5:50am:

Just because he is a crazy moron doesnt make the anti-ACC crowd wrong. after all the pro-ACC groups has hysterics like woody and All Gore on their side as well!

Looks like Longweekend has realised he is wrong saying carbon follows heating. Gee that was a foot in his own foot.

IP Logged

longweekend58
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 8:26am

____ wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 7:42am:
longweekend58 wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 5:50am:

Looks like Longweekend has realised he is wrong saying carbon follows heating. Gee that was a foot in his own foot.

hows the single brain-cell functioning today? exactly what part of my post relates to CO2 (not CARBON YOU UNEDUCATED TWIT) following heating?

AUSSIE: "Speaking for myself, I could not care less about 298 human beings having their life snuffed out in a nano-second, or what impact that loss has on Members of their family, their parents..."

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #19 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 8:30am

Verge wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 9:59pm:
The money has already been earmarked for other items.

Is this the greens trying to get their hands on the treasure chest.

Agreed!

If they aren't penny pinching students by way of introducing compulsory student union fees, they are trying to tax people after they are dead.

Vultures!
Roll Eyes

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #20 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 8:30am

at least you realised, or you where told, you are wrong ...

AGAIN

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #21 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:42am

Rain, floods cost sugar industry $1b

Sugar producers say heavy rain during the Queensland harvesting season has cost the national economy about $1 billion.

The lobby group Canegrowers says more than 5 million tonnes of cane remain unharvested because of wet conditions.

That is about 18 per cent of the crop, with Mackay, Proserpine, Maryborough and Bundaberg growers worst affected.

Canegrowers says it has been very disappointing for growers who have not been able to take full advantage of a 30-year high in sugar prices.

It says the industry has made a $320 million loss, and the flow-on effects will cost the national economy $800 million.

Canegrowers says productivity and profitability will be down next year as well, because continual rain has delayed the planting of next year's crop.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/12/23/3100264.htm?section=justin

IP Logged

nichy
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:53am

I love a sunburnt country
A land of sweeping plains
Of rugged mountain ranges
Of DROUGHTS AND FLOODING RAINS.

Written by Dorothea McKellar between
1904 - 1908

Nothing new under the sun greenswin

"He who does not value life does not deserve it." -- Leonardo da Vinci&&&&

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #23 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 12:39pm

Deeper, More Extreme, Weather because of changes caused by Human Caused Climate Change.

We have a choice of keeping a livable climate by phasing out coal with the Greens ... or destroying our agricultural and fishing sector with the Liberal Labor COAL-lition.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #24 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 3:32pm

____ wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 5:00am:
freediver wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 8:45pm:
Give people welfare if they really need it and let them decide what to spend it on. It is not the government's role to shield people from every little change in the economy. You cannot shield people from reality, even if that reality is a scarcity of food.

How about things like rent assistance, baby bonuses and so on.

If the government is not prepared to food proof Australia, then are we only three meals from anarchy.

I disagree with both of those. If they can't afford the rent they should move to somewhere where they can. The baby bonus is the opposite of what we should be dong. However, the baby bonus is not really relevant here, as there is no 'market' in babies in the same way bthere is for food.

The best way for the government to food proof this country is to expose both the suppliers and consumers to the free market instead of moving us towards communism. We are a net exporter of food. Food security is the least of our concerns, unless you are a farmer looking for another handout.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #25 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 3:37pm

Can I ask one question?

What atrocity wont a Labor government attribute to the all illusive and rather 'cyclic' phenomena Global warming?

This horrible ear-worm runs through my mind whenever I hear Labor 'again' trying to justify their own incompetence.

Blame It On The Rain - by Vanilli Milli

What a crock!

Roll Eyes... Notice how they have now  conveniently coined it 'Climate Change' ...this opposed to a more 'specific' and increasingly stale/ redundant AGW?

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #26 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 3:38pm

nichy wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 11:53am:
I love a sunburnt country
A land of sweeping plains
Of rugged mountain ranges
Of DROUGHTS AND FLOODING RAINS.

Written by Dorothea McKellar between
1904 - 1908

Nothing new under the sun greenswin

So true!

Roll Eyes

IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #27 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 5:15pm

freediver wrote on Dec 23rd, 2010 at 3:32pm:
____ wrote on Dec 22nd, 2010 at 5:00am:
freediver wrote on Dec 21st, 2010 at 8:45pm:
Give people welfare if they really need it and let them decide what to spend it on. It is not the government's role to shield people from every little change in the economy. You cannot shield people from reality, even if that reality is a scarcity of food.

How about things like rent assistance, baby bonuses and so on.

If the government is not prepared to food proof Australia, then are we only three meals from anarchy.

I disagree with both of those. If they can't afford the rent they should move to somewhere where they can. The baby bonus is the opposite of what we should be dong. However, the baby bonus is not really relevant here, as there is no 'market' in babies in the same way bthere is for food.

The best way for the government to food proof this country is to expose both the suppliers and consumers to the free market instead of moving us towards communism. We are a net exporter of food. Food security is the least of our concerns, unless you are a farmer looking for another handout.

Communism required the dismantling of the voting system, so i think the comment is not really relevant.

As for the free market concerning food, this will mean the enforcement of G.E Crops onto Australia ... a threat on par with the collapse of world agriculture due to carbon pollution.

Globalisation is a high risk venture ... a venture with minimal return for Australians.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #28 - Dec 23rd, 2010 at 5:25pm

Quote:
Communism required the dismantling of the voting system, so i think the comment is not really relevant.

Communism is an economic system. It only required the dismantling of democracy because people didn't want it. That doesn't make the reference irrelevant.

Quote:
Globalisation is a high risk venture ... a venture with minimal return for Australians.

Except of course bucketloads of money.

In any case, food price control is a bad idea.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Reply #29 - Dec 29th, 2010 at 6:58am

Floods deal $6bn blow to economy as 1000 evacuated in Queensland deluge

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/national-affairs/floods-deal-6bn-blow-to-economy-as-1000-evacuated-in-queensland-deluge/story-fn59niix-1225977551930

Are neo cons still in denial that human caused climate change will push food costs through the roof for Australians.

Time for neo cons to stop being sticks in the mud.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
Send Topic Print