Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Merry Xmas NSW from Keneally (Read 819 times)
mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Merry Xmas NSW from Keneally
Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:29am

Keneally welcomes scrutiny of power sale
December 16, 2010 - 12:09PM

AAP

NSW Premier Kristina Keneally says she would welcome scrutiny of the government's $5.3 billion electricity privatisation, but won't agree to opposition calls for a judicial inquiry into the sale.

The NSW opposition wants a halt to the transaction, saying a judicial inquiry should investigate the troubled sale.

Eight board members from two companies involved in the asset sale - Eraring Energy and Delta Electricity - resigned on Tuesday in a last-minute protest at the deal, with one labelling the transaction "a dud".
Advertisement: Story continues below

Ms Keneally said she expected the state's auditor-general to review the sale, adding that she would welcome such scrutiny.

But despite repeated questions from reporters, she would not commit to a judicial inquiry.

"The auditor-general will, I assume, undertake a review of this transaction," she said.

"I fully welcome that scrutiny of this transaction, because I'm quite confident that it will show that this transaction, which is ongoing, has achieved value for money for the taxpayer."

Under the partial privatisation, TRUenergy has paid $2.035 billion for retailer EnergyAustralia and the right to trade the output generated by Delta West, along with access to three development sites.

Origin Energy has bought smaller retailers Integral Energy and Country Energy, as well as the electricity trading rights for Eraring Energy, for $3.25 billion.

Tuesday's deal is only the first tranche of the asset sale, with the output of Macquarie Generation and Delta's Central Coast power stations to be sold early next year.

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Merry Xmas NSW from Keneally
Reply #1 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:43am

mellie wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 11:29am:
Keneally welcomes scrutiny of power sale
December 16, 2010 - 12:09PM

AAP

NSW Premier Kristina Keneally says she would welcome scrutiny of the government's $5.3 billion electricity privatisation, but won't agree to opposition calls for a judicial inquiry into the sale.

The NSW opposition wants a halt to the transaction, saying a judicial inquiry should investigate the troubled sale.

Eight board members from two companies involved in the asset sale - Eraring Energy and Delta Electricity - resigned on Tuesday in a last-minute protest at the deal, with one labelling the transaction "a dud".
Advertisement: Story continues below

Ms Keneally said she expected the state's auditor-general to review the sale, adding that she would welcome such scrutiny.

But despite repeated questions from reporters, she would not commit to a judicial inquiry.

"The auditor-general will, I assume, undertake a review of this transaction," she said.

"I fully welcome that scrutiny of this transaction, because I'm quite confident that it will show that this transaction, which is ongoing, has achieved value for money for the taxpayer."

Under the partial privatisation, TRUenergy has paid $2.035 billion for retailer EnergyAustralia and the right to trade the output generated by Delta West, along with access to three development sites.

Origin Energy has bought smaller retailers Integral Energy and Country Energy, as well as the electricity trading rights for Eraring Energy, for $3.25 billion.

Tuesday's deal is only the first tranche of the asset sale, with the output of Macquarie Generation and Delta's Central Coast power stations to be sold early next year.

What do you expect from the YANKEE   B I T C H

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #2 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:24pm

It should have been sold off a decade ago

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #3 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:51pm

This is how Labor run the country, by selling our Assets.

Personally, I think crucial infrastructure and services should remain off the table, she's a joke and a flibbertigibbet ...the yanky airhead has not a clue.

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #4 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 3:58pm

Shocked

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #5 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:03pm

Kennett and Olsen sold off the electicity assets in Victoria and South Australia and they were both Liberal Premiers, it was one of the best of the many good things both of them did when in power.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #6 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:04pm

oops electricity  Smiley

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #7 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:14pm

I know both sides of politics have sold off crucial infrastructure, vital resources  and services...but not quite as much as our Labor party....I mean anything that's not nailed down, has a for sale sign on it it seems with this party.

IP Logged

adelcrow
Gold Member

Australian Politics

everywhere
Reply #8 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:26pm

We have business interests and property in North Sydney so this sell off effects us as well.
Govts have no place in modern times owning such assetts as it only stifles competition and investment in new technology.
I dont care if its a Labor or Liberal govt..privitisation is a good thing for everyone in the long run.

Go the Bunnies

IP Logged

mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Reply #9 - Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:34pm

adelcrow wrote on Dec 16th, 2010 at 4:26pm:
We have business interests and property in North Sydney so this sell off effects us as well.
Govts have no place in modern times owning such assetts as it only stifles competition and investment in new technology.
I dont care if its a Labor or Liberal govt..privitisation is a good thing for everyone in the long run.

How about foreign ownership, does this appeal to you?

Ie...  global investors owning a detrimental stake in our more crucial services and infrastructure...ie water.

Labor have sold more of our wild river systems  to global investors than you might realise.

Is this sound practice?

Or in Australia's long-term best interests?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print