Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Marry Gays ~ Kill Gays (Read 2375 times)
JC Denton
Gold Member

Re: Marry Gays ~ Kill Gays
Reply #15 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:26pm

Disgusting.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #16 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:31pm

JC Denton wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:26pm:
Disgusting.

Blame successive Vatican directives!

Of course, I am grateful that the Vatican continues to refuse to allow its clergy to marry and breed...

That said, I regret that some of them continue to disobey their vows of abstinence in the face of their Lord and thereby risk losing their Darwin Award (again where the anal approach apparently has its advantages in the Church)...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #17 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:34pm

Equitist wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:25pm:
As I understand it, anal sex has been practised by successive generations, as a reliable method of birth control - especially amongst those who take the Church's irrational rejection of barrier methods seriously...

BTW, I shouldn't have singled out Catholics - as they're not the only ones...

For the purpose of Imp's further enlightenment, does anyone out there have any links to any stats on this prevalent albeit taboo phenomenon?

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

JC Denton
Gold Member

Reply #18 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:37pm

No, that's alright. I don't think I want to know anymore Grin

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #19 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:47pm

JC Denton wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:37pm:
No, that's alright. I don't think I want to know anymore Grin

I read what you said, but I had already found this bizarro article: -

http://www.jstor.org/pss/1387099

Quote:
Praying the rosary: The anal-erotic origins of a popular Catholic devotion
by RW Hood Jr - 2000 - Cited by 11 - Related articles
Praying the rosary: The anal-erotic origins of a popular Catholic devotion

Journal for the Scientific Study of Religion © 1987 Society for the Scientific Study of Religion.

Abstract

Despite the fact that praying the rosary has been one of the most popular of all Catholic devotions for centuries, there have been few if any social scientific investigations aimed at discovering the underlying appeal of this devotion. This article begins such an investigation by briefly reviewing the historical development of the rosary (as a prayer and as an associated set of beads). Freud's early remarks on religious devotions are then merged with his later arguments on neurotic obsessions and the anal personality in order to develop a psychoanalytic argument which explains the appeal of the rosary. The basic hypothesis presented here is that praying the rosary is appealing because it represents the disguised gratification of repressed anal-erotic desires. However strange the argument may at first seem, it does allow us to account for 1) the emphasis upon excessive repetition and orderliness found in the rosary; 2) the use of beads in praying the rosary; 3) the centuries-old tendency for the Catholic mind to associate the rosary with external threats to the Church; 4) the fact that the rosary first achieved widespread popularity in the German-speaking areas of Europe; and 5) the tendency to associate the rosary with flowers and flowery garlands.

Crikey!

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #20 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:47pm

Equitist wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:34pm:
Equitist wrote on Nov 26th, 2010 at 2:25pm:
As I understand it, anal sex has been practised by successive generations, as a reliable method of birth control - especially amongst those who take the Church's irrational rejection of barrier methods seriously...

BTW, I shouldn't have singled out Catholics - as they're not the only ones...

For the purpose of Imp's further enlightenment, does anyone out there have any links to any stats on this prevalent albeit taboo phenomenon?

No that's true Equit...but I do believe that the Catholics are the last remaining Christian religion to still have a contraceptive ban......I think ALL Christian religions did have a similar ban at some time though...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #21 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 6:46pm

I have it on good authority that male male sex/relations were quite common in indigenous populations, i think it is still. The world over. Not just common, but excepted, like night and day.

Something else to shrink the old fella:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pederasty

IP Logged

beer

Australian Politics

sydney
Reply #22 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 9:43pm

World population is too large now, so many gays are generated. That's just a part of nature. Personally don't like that, but don't against that as well.

Hopefully half of the world can become gays, then our children will have more resouces.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #23 - Nov 26th, 2010 at 10:35pm

That is kind of disturing. I remember a while back there was a big push to stop the UN criticising human rights violations where religious laws were behind the violations. No surprise of course which religious laws were being put beyond criticism. I think it was successful.

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print