Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Santa I Want A New Mercedes-Benz For Christmas. (Read 1941 times)
imcrookonit
Ex Member

Santa I Want A New Mercedes-Benz For Christmas.
Nov 20th, 2010 at 8:17am

Clive Palmer plays Santa Claus with $10m Christmas bonus for

BIG HANDOUT: Clive Palmer gave his staff  - including Tanya Godfrey - cars and holidays.

QUEENSLAND'S $6 billion man, Clive Palmer, has the touch of a modern-day Father Christmas.

Last night, the state's richest man handed out $10  million in gifts to his 800-strong Townsville nickel refinery staff, including a fleet of 55 Mercedes-Benz cars and an amazing 700 overseas holidays.

It is understood to be one of the biggest Christmas bonuses by an Australian boss to their employees.

Not since the glory days of Christopher Skase and Alan Bond has there been such lavish spending on staff.

Executive assistant Tanya Godfrey, 39, who has worked at the Yabulu refinery for 13 years, was the first to be handed the keys to her Mercedes-Benz B130.

"This is totally unbelievable, said the mother-of-three, who until yesterday drove an old four-wheel-drive. "He is better than Santa Claus. It makes me want to put in 120 per cent."

Mr Palmer threw a lifeline to Queensland Nickel 16 months ago when it was facing closure and losing $10 million a month.

It recently posted a profit of about $100 million on the back of staff innovation and high nickel prices. Those who scored a car were chosen on performance, years of service, and input to a program that generated $16 million in savings.

Last night, Mr Palmer threw a $2 million party for 1500 staff and partners who missed out on a car.

"Too many people in Australian industries do not appreciate the average person working for them," Mr Palmer said.

"We want our workforce to be happy and know they've got a good future and are well respected."

Comments on this story

Senior of Brisbane Posted at 11:47 PM November 19, 2010

Recognition is the most powerful tool we have to drive a Business, well done Clive, you have given recognition to your staff for a job well done, they will pay you back ten fold. If only more bosses recognised this fact.

Flossie Posted at 11:26 PM November 19, 2010

No wonder we had to wait four months for ours to be delivered - they had such a huge order to fill for Mr Palmer. Good on him and half their luck. Most employers wouldn't give their staff last year's calendar.

John O'Sullivan Posted at 11:16 PM November 19, 2010

What an obscene materialistic gesture, especially as there are so many people suffering in the world from alack of basic necessities. Shame on you Clive as your public "generosity" symbolises the very opposite of the Christmas spirit.

Marko of South Brisbane Posted at 10:59 PM November 19, 2010

We can't have a supertax on the mining industry, because apparently, these mining companies will go broke and collapse. Just ask Auntie Julia.

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Re: Santa I Want A New Mercedes-Benz For Christmas.
Reply #1 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 8:31am

Santa- Can I have one with ALL the optional extras???.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 11:56am

I'll wager the poor bastards that work down the hole didn't get a whole lot of Christmas cheer. Only the big end of the business.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #3 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 3:33pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 20th, 2010 at 11:56am:
I'll wager the poor bastards that work down the hole didn't get a whole lot of Christmas cheer. Only the big end of the business.

FFS YOU  jealous moron

, all of the staff GoT GIFTS

Angry  Angry>Sad

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 4:07pm

These sooks won`t be happy until our country is a broken hell hole.  How loud & long will they cry if they achieve their goal of envy?  They want to drag everyone else down to their level.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #5 - Nov 20th, 2010 at 4:23pm

bwood1946 wrote on Nov 20th, 2010 at 3:33pm:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 20th, 2010 at 11:56am:

FFS YOU  jealous moron

, all of the staff GoT GIFTS

Angry  Angry>Sad

Yeah what bwood said...

You've basically got a guy running a company who's remembered the old saying about 'you catch more flys with honey, than you do with vinegar' and has reinstated the idea of 'christmas' bonuses...and you whine about it???

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:30am

OK settle down, I was just wondering if ALL the staff got a pressie. We wouldn't want any one to miss out would we?

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:44am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:30am:
OK settle down, I was just wondering if ALL the staff got a pressie. We wouldn't want any one to miss out would we?

No, you were whining. And no, the checkout chicks didn`t get anything because they`re useless & ugly.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #8 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 9:23am

yes many children,with the consent of the adults,

invoke that entity known unto you as

santa

this entity is an anagram of satan yes

and wears red

steals into your house at your permission this

devil may enter and leave material gifts to hoodwink

the divine

and so it is

namaste

-:)

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 9:28am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:44am:

No, you were whining. And no, the checkout chicks didn`t get anything because they`re useless & ugly.

Do you get a little extra with your disability pension?  You might buy a saw blade to cut that chip off.

IP Logged

it_is_the_light
Gold Member

Christ Light

The Pyramid of LIGHT
Reply #10 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 12:49pm

santa = satan

namaste

-:)

ॐ May Much LOVE and CHRISTS LIGHT be upon and within us all.... namasté ▲ - : )  ╰დ╮ॐ╭დ╯
it_is_the_light it_is_the_light Christ+Light Christ+Light  
IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #11 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 12:54pm

It certainly sounds like, don't you tink pansi....

800 staff, 700 overseas holidays and 55 mercedes cars....

Sounds like maybe the 'upper' management got other stuff that's not mentioned...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #12 - Nov 21st, 2010 at 1:05pm

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 at 9:28am:
aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 21st, 2010 at 8:44am:

Do you get a little extra with your disability pension?  You might buy a saw blade to cut that chip off.

Attack is the best form of defence, if you can pull it off. If not you just look like a braindead airhead, Airhead.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print