Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print
Villawood detainees stage rooftop protest (Read 6632 times)
mellie
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Sydney
Re: Villawood detainees stage rooftop protest
Reply #30 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:36am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:28am:
mantra wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 10:55pm:
abu_rashid wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 10:47pm:
Or perhaps you'd just prefer to setup some gas chambers, and load them all in?

You lot are filth, seriously, I don't even know how you look at your despicable images in the mirror and feel content with yourselves as actual human beings.

I agree with you Abu. It's embarrassing just to read their garbage. It's not a reflection of the average Aussie's view. These bottom feeders are a minority.

As I previously stated. Envious missfits and malcontents wish destruction on our freedoms and enviable lifestyle.

They want to see Australia become a third world country for their perceived ill treatment, in the rejection of them by the broader society.

Exactly, then they have the audacity to declare themselves a progressive party... Jeeze Roll Eyes

Labor have undone 11 years of hard work handed to them on a silver platter following the 2007 election, this is far from progressive.

They didn't deserve another term, and a royal commission into their overall lack-of management concerning illegal immigrants should pursue, as soon as Abbotts elected.

Labor have made such a mess of things...  they really have.

Undecided We have become an international joke.

All together now Labor voters.......&&&&lap-tops, pink-bats refugees and Clunker-cars&&&&insurance.AES256

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #31 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:44am

Quote:
We have become an international joke.

We became an international joke under the Coalition. The rest of the world hated us for our part in the Coalition of the Willing's grab for oil by invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

We are getting some credibility back. Gillard may not be the flavour of the month with the media - but Australia is finally gaining a little respect again on the world stage.

Gillard and Rudd both have had the guts to knock back the US's request for extra troops. Howard didn't. He just continued to lick Bush's dirty feet hoping for a pat on the head whilst signing up to more and more agreements committing Australia to indefinite warfare.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:57am

mantra wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:44am:
Quote:
We have become an international joke.

We became an international joke under the Coalition. The rest of the world hated us for our part in the Coalition of the Willing's grab for oil by invading Iraq and Afghanistan.

We are getting some credibility back. Gillard may not be the flavour of the month with the media - but Australia is finally gaining a little respect again on the world stage.

Gillard and Rudd both have had the guts to knock back the US's request for extra troops. Howard didn't. He just continued to lick Bush's dirty feet hoping for a pat on the head whilst signing up to more and more agreements committing Australia to indefinite warfare.

Show us where we "grabbed" oil?

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #33 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:02am

aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:57am:

Alexander's Gas and Oil Connections reported in Dec. 8, 1997  that three Taliban ministers went to Texas to hear what Unocal had to offer if they agreed to let a  gas pipeline be built from Turkmenistan through Afghan territory to Pakistan.

"They are just going to Texas to talk. They are not supposed to sign any agreements on the gas pipeline,'' Mutta Wakil, a Taliban spokesman said from the Taliban headquarters in southern Kandahar. "If any agreements are reached they will be signed in Afghanistan.''

By early 1998 a Unocal led consortium had made a deal with the Taliban to construct an Afghanistan pipeline from Turkmenistan to Pakistan. The Bridas Group cried foul and launched legal action against Unocal, to no avail.

http://members.localnet.com/~jeflan/jfafghanpipe.htm

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #34 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:15am

mantra wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:02am:
aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 8:57am:

Alexander's Gas and Oil Connections reported in Dec. 8, 1997  that three Taliban ministers went to Texas to hear what Unocal had to offer if they agreed to let a  gas pipeline be built from Turkmenistan through Afghan territory to Pakistan.

"They are just going to Texas to talk. They are not supposed to sign any agreements on the gas pipeline,'' Mutta Wakil, a Taliban spokesman said from the Taliban headquarters in southern Kandahar. "If any agreements are reached they will be signed in Afghanistan.''

By early 1998 a Unocal led consortium had made a deal with the Taliban to construct an Afghanistan pipeline from Turkmenistan to Pakistan. The Bridas Group cried foul and launched legal action against Unocal, to no avail.

http://members.localnet.com/~jeflan/jfafghanpipe.htm

Where was oil "grabbed"?

IP Logged

mantra
Gold Member

ozpolitic.com

Reply #35 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:38am

The invasion of Afghanistan was planned long before 9/11 and the grab for oil was in the form of the construction of the oil and gas pipelines the US desperately wanted. The Taliban stood in the way.

In regard to Iraq - it was all about the petro dollar -v- the petro euro. Iraq was in the process of changing its currency and this would have had devastating affects on the US economy as they traded in dollars not euros.

I doubt that this is of any interest to you Aussie2 and it is old news - but it is the US corporate greed which took us down this path. The current government can do little as we have signed up to aid in the completion of these pipelines and although they will be of little benefit to us - we are committed unfortunately.

The conquest of Afghanistan had been planned since at least 12 February 1998, and 9/11 happened just in time to secure public support for the attacks.

Where the hell is Bin Laden? It seems he was forgotten very quickly after we invaded Afghanistan.

Warfare in Afghanistan prior to 9/11.

TIMELINE

3rd November 1998 - attacks stop US oil pipeline:
     Up to 80 cruise missiles were fired at Afghanistan and Sudan in August       An American-funded training project in Afghanistan has closed down as a result of the US cruise missile attack on the country in August.       The programme was funded by the American oil company, Unocal, which was once hoping to be involved in building a gas pipeline across the country from Turkmenistan to Pakistan.

BBC News, "US attack closes US project", 3 November 1998.

2nd January 1999 - US strikes targets in Afghanistan:

No sooner had the Taleban won a series of victories in the north, than the US launched an attack on camps in Afghanistan run by Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, who had allegedly masterminded the bombing of US embassies in East Africa.

BBC News, "Afghanistan: Campaign of conflict", 2 January 1999.

15th March 2001 - allies invade Afghanistan:

India is believed to have joined Russia, the USA and Iran in a concerted front against Afghanistan's Taliban regime.

Military sources in Delhi, claim that the opposition Northern Alliance's capture of the strategic town of Bamiyan, was precipitated by the four countries' collaborative effort.

Janes International Security News, "India joins anti-Taliban coalition", 15 March 2001.

3rd September 2001 - allies deploy huge task-force for “fictional” conflict:

The aircraft carrier HMS Illustrious has sailed from Portsmouth to lead the biggest Royal Navy and Royal Marine deployment since the Falklands.

HMS Illustrious is the flagship of three groups of warships travelling to the Middle East to take part in exercise "Saif Sareea 2".

More than 24 surface ships from Britain, plus two nuclear submarines, will be completing the 13,000 mile round trip.

The operation, costing nearly £100m, will end with a major excercise before Christmas that will also involve the Army, Royal Air Force and Armed Forces of Oman.

16th March 2001 - Bush prepares America to wage war overseas:

“I want to remind the American people that the prime suspect's [Osama Bin Laden] organisation is in a lot of countries,” Mr Bush told reporters on the White House lawn.

BBC News, Carrier heads for the Middle East, 3 September 2001.

11th September 2001 - the war comes home to America:

*** 9/11 ***

BBC News, "America widens 'crusade' on terror", 16 September 2001.

18th September 2001 - diplomat reveals 9/11 “response” began before 9/11:      A former Pakistani diplomat has told the BBC that the US was planning military action against Osama Bin Laden and the Taleban even before last week's attacks.

Niaz Naik, a former Pakistani Foreign Secretary, was told by senior American officials in[highlight] mid-July
that military action against Afghanistan would go ahead by the middle of October.[/highlight]      Mr Naik said US officials told him of the plan at a UN-sponsored international contact group on Afghanistan which took place in Berlin.
The wider objective, according to Mr Naik, would be to topple the Taleban regime and install a transitional government of moderate Afghans in its place - possibly under the leadership of the former Afghan King Zahir Shah.      Mr Naik was told that Washington would launch its operation from bases in Tajikistan, where American advisers were already in place.

He was told that Uzbekistan would also participate in the operation and that 17,000 Russian troops were on standby.

Mr Naik was told that if the military action went ahead it would take place before the snows started falling in Afghanistan, by the middle of October at the latest.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #36 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:43am

I would go in there with tear gas, and every single one of those shoe shiners in the protest I will deport from Australia the same day.

These people have no right to protest about a system where they have simply turned up and imposed themselves.

Why on earth do some of you think it is ok for these people to just turn up and expect us to pay for them?

We all have tough times in our lives. Did I turn up somewhere and demand to be paid for?
Did I get a free ride ever in my life?

Geez...........

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #37 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:53am

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:43am:
I would go in there with tear gas, and every single one of those shoe shiners in the protest I will deport from Australia the same day.

These people have no right to protest about a system where they have simply turned up and imposed themselves.

Why on earth do some of you think it is ok for these people to just turn up and expect us to pay for them?

We all have tough times in our lives. Did I turn up somewhere and demand to be paid for?

Geez...........

Comments like that continue to fuel doubt that you are the epitome of the rabid right whinger that you purport to be...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

laborfornever

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:53am

Nah, easy when they order in Pizza or what ever just have it filled with a leathal dose of cyanide or any other lethal posion.

Or give them a massive dose of sleeping tablets and when they crash out pick them up put them all on a plane and send it to the country of their origin

Imagine that, waking up back in the streets of kabul, that would be priceless to see???

Then the others coming here would refuse to eat, or why don't we just abandon CI as we did in the war years when an island was over run by the japs.

Give them CI let them get there and fend for them selves, no water no food no communications, bugger we don't even need to know if they are there or not. As once they are their they'll survive maybe 3 weeks.

Forget about floating around looking for them with our taxi service, let them find their own way to a deserted island???

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #39 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:56am

Geez, your parents, siblings and children must feel so proud, positive, safe and emotionally secure when you guys viciously preach such hatred...

Lamenting the shift in the Australian psyche, away from the egalitarian ideal of the fair-go - and the rise of short-sighted pollies, who worship the 'Growth Fairy' and seek to divide and conquer!

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:58am

Equitist wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:53am:
Andrei.Hicks wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:43am:

Geez...........

Comments like that continue to fuel doubt that you are the epitome of the rabid right whinger that you purport to be...

Andrei`s comment was perfectly sensible, possibly tinged with some exasperation with the present no brainer policies, but sensible all the same.  .
« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:08am by aussiefree2ride »  

IP Logged

laborfornever

Australian Politics

Reply #41 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:59am

and your grand children will look upon you as a dam blinded moron who allowed this country to be over run by migrants. See your too stupid to see what has happened in Europe and you support it happening here.

People like you ar ereally just cowards too scared to stand up for what right for this country.

If we went to war, you'd be a protestor cause your too scarred to fight.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #42 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:59am

Equitist wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:56am:
Geez, your parents, siblings and children must feel so proud, positive, safe and emotionally secure when you guys viciously preach such hatred...

Not hatred, realism.  No oil grabbed either I see.

IP Logged

Equitist
Gold Member

Australian Politics

NSW
Reply #43 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:05am

laborfornever wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 9:59am:
and your grand children will look upon you as a dam blinded moron who allowed this country to be over run by migrants. See your too stupid to see what has happened in Europe and you support it happening here.

People like you ar ereally just cowards too scared to stand up for what right for this country.

If we went to war, you'd be a protestor cause your too scarred to fight.

Could you kindly elaborate, upon both your historical and current takes, on the pros and cons of 'globalisation' - ta!?

IP Logged

vegitamite
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:11am

I cant wait for the day when Abbott (our new  PM) wears and deals with all this 'unchristian' hatred on his  ( christian) shoulders for us  all , including non believers. God will be so proud of him Id say. I want to see how he deals with the boat people and issues like the detainees  on the roof, or the suicides.

It wouldn't surprise me if ' god ' will reward Abbott with an even  bigger pay packet seeing  as Abbott  has  a personal income to debt ratio higher than the Australian Government !

« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:21am by N/A »  

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
Send Topic Print