Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Christmas Comes Early For The Bank CEOs (Read 2859 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Christmas Comes Early For The Bank CEOs
Reply #15 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 10:49pm

Verge wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 8:21pm:
Because it bores me.  Because Swan is too gutless to make shareholders votes binding.

Also because you dont take things into perpective.

CBA Group in 2009 had a $3.9 billion dollar wages bill.  I have always said anyone who wants increases above CPI should justify them.
Above CPI of 1% on $3.9billion is how much exactly?

In companies like pacific brands, had the extra 1% it would have wiped out that years profit.

You libbos had 11 years and did nothing about it. And again what of the CEO's salary increase way above CPI. How do you justify that ??

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #16 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 12:25pm

The Australian council of trade unions say, the average CEO earns at least 100 times the pay of the average worker.  Greens MP Adam Bandt has backed the ACTU push to rein in executive pay.  The Greens want to see a 50 percent marginal tax rate on incomes above $1 million, and a cap on executive salary packages of $5 million a year, Mr Bandt said.

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Reply #17 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 12:27pm

Vote 1 Australian Greens.    The fair and sensible people.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #18 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 5:00pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 10:49pm:
Because it bores me.  Because Swan is too gutless to make shareholders votes binding.

CBA Group in 2009 had a $3.9 billion dollar wages bill.  I have always said anyone who wants increases above CPI should justify them.

In companies like pacific brands, had the extra 1% it would have wiped out that years profit.

You libbos had 11 years and did nothing about it. And again what of the CEO's salary increase way above CPI. How do you justify that ??

Basically, unless the particular CEO has increased profits by 200%+, it really CAN'T be justified....
That being said, it's STILL a matter for the shareholders of the individual company to deal with....It's NOT public fund money....

If the silly buggers who own shares in the company and vote at shareholders meetings are happy to let THAT much of their profits go to the CEOs as salary....well that's really their problem....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 18th, 2010 at 8:43pm

Because it bores me.  Because Swan is too gutless to make shareholders votes binding.

CBA Group in 2009 had a $3.9 billion dollar wages bill.  I have always said anyone who wants increases above CPI should justify them.

And Im peeve nothing was done then.

But because nothing was done doesnt justify for it to continue does it.

Im no sheep follower nail, but hey, try and make it my fault somehow

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:21am

gizmo_2655 wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 5:00pm:
Because it bores me.  Because Swan is too gutless to make shareholders votes binding.

CBA Group in 2009 had a $3.9 billion dollar wages bill.  I have always said anyone who wants increases above CPI should justify them.

Basically, unless the particular CEO has increased profits by 200%+, it really CAN'T be justified....
That being said, it's STILL a matter for the shareholders of the individual company to deal with....It's NOT public fund money....

If the silly buggers who own shares in the company and vote at shareholders meetings are happy to let THAT much of their profits go to the CEOs as salary....well that's really their problem....

The problem is that the share holder vote is nor more binding than Sylvester cat's vote Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:23am

Verge wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 8:43pm:

Buy you libbos are the first ones to cry about measly pay rises for low income workers but do and say absolutely nothing about your rich mates. Why ??

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #22 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 11:55am

Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:21am:
gizmo_2655 wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 5:00pm:

The problem is that the share holder vote is nor more binding than Sylvester cat's vote Sad

Sure it is nails, if more than 51% of the voting stock is in favour of one opinion on a subject, then that vote carries...

Now, I don't know what percentage of NAB stocks are in the hands of ordinary Australians...But if they can get enough people, they CAN change it...

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 19th, 2010 at 2:29pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 19th, 2010 at 10:23am:
Verge wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 8:43pm:

Buy you libbos are the first ones to cry about measly pay rises for low income workers but do and say absolutely nothing about your rich mates. Why ??

I dont cry about it mate.

How many times have I said that all payrises above CPI need to be justified.

But fools like yourself cry about it after the fact.

I have always maintained that increases above CPI should be justified and you see a problem with that?

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print