Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print
Worst slump in two years hits house auctions !! (Read 4702 times)
Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Re: Worst slump in two years hits house auctions !!
Reply #30 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 3:03pm

Verge wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 2:18pm:
Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 12:39pm:
Verge wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 12:03pm:
culldav wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 11:56am:
Even though the theory of the Egyptian Pharaohs has proven to be incorrect, there are still morons out there still believing they can take it all with them when they finally check out.

I just want to be debt free by my 35th birthday, nothing wrong with that.

Yes you want to be debt free at the expense of other people going into more debt.  That's what happens in a property bubble Sad Where does it stop ?

My responsibilites lie soley with my wife and soon to be child above all else, then my family, then friends.

Call me selfish, but to be honest I can sleep at night with decisions I have made.  I have never ripped anyone off and anyone who has bought from me did so with no pressure.  They seen value in what I have sold.

If someone wants first off what took me 10 years to achieve, thats their problem, not mine.

You and the rest of your greedy mates sold it to take advantage of an overinflated bubble, now you want to kick the people that bought in a bubble because people like you told them that the prices were going to sky rocket further so they'd better go to the bank and do a deal with the bank manager before they miss out on a bargain Sad

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

gizmo_2655
Gold Member

Australian Politics

South West NSW
Reply #31 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 3:07pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 3:03pm:
Even though the theory of the Egyptian Pharaohs has proven to be incorrect, there are still morons out there still believing they can take it all with them when they finally check out.

Yes you want to be debt free at the expense of other people going into more debt.  That's what happens in a property bubble Sad Where does it stop ?

My responsibilites lie soley with my wife and soon to be child above all else, then my family, then friends.

Call me selfish, but to be honest I can sleep at night with decisions I have made.  I have never ripped anyone off and anyone who has bought from me did so with no pressure.  They seen value in what I have sold.

If someone wants first off what took me 10 years to achieve, thats their problem, not mine.

You and the rest of your greedy mates sold it to take advantage of an overinflated bubble, now you want to kick the people that bought in a bubble because people like you told them that the prices were going to sky rocket further so they'd better go to the bank and do a deal with the bank manager before they miss out on a bargain Sad

Geese, I'd like to be debt free by my 60th birthday....being debt free by 35 is a Paris Hilton dream....

"I just get sick of people who place a label on someone else with their own definition.

It's similar to a strawman fallacy"
Bobbythebat

IP Logged

culldav
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #32 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 4:12pm

Australia has three classes; rich, middle class and poor. The rich don’t give a poo about anything; middle class think if they buy second stuff off the rich or drive around in a five year old beamer they too will be suddenly invited to the ball an be placed on the A list; the poor are just trying to survive day to day.

The cult of materialism has driven numerous individuals into unnecessary debit trying to keep up with the Jones, but materialism is a seriously flawed methodology. If everyone doesn’t need to work for a living or everyone is rich that they don’t need to work; then who is going to turn the cogs of production?

Lets hope humanity grows up real soon and starts working towards the betterment of all human beings and not just to get more material possessions they don’t really need.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #33 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 4:38pm

Sir lastnail wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 3:03pm:

Yes you want to be debt free at the expense of other people going into more debt.  That's what happens in a property bubble Sad Where does it stop ?

Call me selfish, but to be honest I can sleep at night with decisions I have made.  I have never ripped anyone off and anyone who has bought from me did so with no pressure.  They seen value in what I have sold.

Firstly, I didnt tell anyone anything.  I set my price, people made an offer and I either accepted or rejected.  I dont do negoiation well.  I just say yes or no.  When I buy, I do the same thing, I make once only offers and state that when putting them in and give them 48 hours after which I take it off the table and thats it.  That way I know my price and they too can either accept or reject.

Secondly, I bought what would be called renovators delights and did just that because its one of my favourite pastimes. 

Thirdly when you come from a building family you can do top notch work for little price.  You buy structurally sound homes and work with them.

Fourthly, Ive rolled profits into the next one, hence my upgrading.

You seem to have me confused with what you think I am because of my voting leanings.  I started at 18 with zero and no backing from my family, and have done well.  While most were pissing up weekends and travelling I was working, be it on the house or at work.  Everything we have is because my wife and I have worked very hard and been wise with our money.  We have never overextended.

My advice to first home buyers, start off with a two bedroom weatherboard and apply a bit of elbow grease and hard work and make something your own.

Instead, I see first home buyers building houses larger than the one we are building now, but because they have never done any decent building work prior have no idea what things cost, what sizes work and layouts.  All they are thinking about is a room for the pool table and a bar.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #34 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 5:54pm

Let's get this into perspective, this is  just a bump in the road, at this point in time. A little like the entire GFC, so far, from an OZ perspective.

If this proceeds along the lines of Japan, the US & other Europe countries, which I suspect it will, then there is a long drop ahead, in respect of both Housing & Share Prices!

IP Logged

The_Barnacle
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Melbourne
Reply #35 - Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:42pm

perceptions_now wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 5:54pm:
Let's get this into perspective, this is  just a bump in the road, at this point in time.

Exactly right.
We've had ONE poor weekend of auction results. Which really isn't surprising considering the politicians and media have been working themselves into a frenzy about the Banks raising interest rates over the past couple of weeks.

The Right Wing only believe in free speech when they agree with what is being said.

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #36 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 5:56am

<<Let's get this into perspective, this is  just a bump in the road, at this point in time. A little like the entire GFC, so far, from an OZ perspective.>>
................................................................................

This is just a little bump in the road before the complete collapse of capitalism.

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #37 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 6:25am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 5:56am:
<<Let's get this into perspective, this is  just a bump in the road, at this point in time. A little like the entire GFC, so far, from an OZ perspective.>>
................................................................................

This is just a little bump in the road before the complete collapse of capitalism.

I see you have aquired your PhD in both economics and strategic defence issues, well done.  Grin

IP Logged

Ex Dame Pansi
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #38 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 7:39am

BigOl64 wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 6:25am:
<<Let's get this into perspective, this is  just a bump in the road, at this point in time. A little like the entire GFC, so far, from an OZ perspective.>>

I see you have aquired your PhD in both economics and strategic defence issues, well done.  Grin

What's that you said about the housing slump bigolgrowthfairy?

....don't you just hate that, when you make fun of someone's education and you stuff up LOL

aquired = acquired

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." Hendrix
andrei said: Great isn't it? Seeing boatloads of what is nothing more than human garbage turn up.....

IP Logged

BigOl64
Gold Member

Townsville QLD
Reply #39 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 9:55am

Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 7:39am:
BigOl64 wrote on Nov 17th, 2010 at 6:25am:

I see you have aquired your PhD in both economics and strategic defence issues, well done.  Grin

What's that you said about the housing slump bigolgrowthfairy?

....don't you just hate that, when you make fun of someone's education and you stuff up LOL

aquired = acquired

Surely you're not equating my typo with your cretinous statements . One is a product of fat fingers and careless review and the other is a product of ignorance and the Dunning-Kruger Effect, guess which applies to you.  Grin

BTW, I didn't say anything about the housing slump, just about your mind numbingly stupid comments about economics and defence.

IP Logged

Sir lastnail
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #40 - Nov 17th, 2010 at 10:16am

The_Barnacle wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 8:42pm:
perceptions_now wrote on Nov 16th, 2010 at 5:54pm:
Let's get this into perspective, this is  just a bump in the road, at this point in time.

Exactly right.
We've had ONE poor weekend of auction results. Which really isn't surprising considering the politicians and media have been working themselves into a frenzy about the Banks raising interest rates over the past couple of weeks.

So where are the property hot spots now and the media frenzy behind it ? Smiley LOL

Why isn't the REIV spruiking this on Today Tonight like they usually do ?

Of course Australia is the only country in the world that is immune to a property crash, just because the real estate maggots say it is Smiley LOL

In August 2021, Newcastle Coroner Karen Dilks recorded that Lisa Shaw had died “due to complications of an AstraZeneca COVID vaccination”.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 
Send Topic Print