Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print
NSW coalition, re: Batemans and Port Stephens (Read 124511 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: NSW coalition, Batemans and Port Stephens
Reply #75 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 8:57pm

Quote:
Don't you understand that marine parks in their present form are a distraction from the problems mentioned in that statement and that was the meaning of the phrase in question?

So you think that coalition policy does not mean what it actually says?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #76 - Mar 3rd, 2011 at 10:01pm

freediver wrote on Mar 3rd, 2011 at 8:57pm:
Quote:
Don't you understand that marine parks in their present form are a distraction from the problems mentioned in that statement and that was the meaning of the phrase in question?

So you think that coalition policy does not mean what it actually says?

No I'll leave it to you to be able to find totally hidden agendas.

Here is the relevant section:

"Fishermen in NSW have long suffered under NSW Labor's failed marine parks policy which was designed to achieve a political outcome rather than an environmental evidence-based outcome," said Gay.

"The NSW Liberals & Nationals do not believe that Labor's approach of locking communities out of their waterways is the answer to protecting our marine environments.

"Marine parks as operated by the Keneally Labor Government concentrate solely on restricting fishing rather than addressing pollution, introduced species and agricultural substances and inappropriate coastal development"?

You insipidly weak argument focuses on the fact that marine parks don't have full jurastiction over areas where these threats arise. Big deal. This does not mean they can't make recommendations or interact with other arms of government, or the government taking advice from fisheries scientists like Prof Kearney and address these problems.

You are also only covering one side of the issue - so whaterever argument you had falls down. Namely if fishing is over-emphasised as a threat then it is well within the marine parks jurastiction to treat it less proscriptively.  

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #77 - Mar 4th, 2011 at 7:01pm

PJ you are the one offering the real meaning of what the coalition says, not me.

I think the coalition deliberately avoided directly accusing Labor of failing to address those other threats because it would make them look like hypocrits. This left them little room to saying anything with meaning - hence the meaningless gibberish.

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #78 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 8:56am

freediver wrote on Mar 4th, 2011 at 7:01pm:
PJ you are the one offering the real meaning of what the coalition says, not me.

I think the coalition deliberately avoided directly accusing Labor of failing to address those other threats because it would make them look like hypocrits. This left them little room to saying anything with meaning - hence the meaningless gibberish.

That's all meaningless gibberish FD.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #79 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 9:29am

Can you find an example of the coalition accusing Labor of not addressing those issues that is not limited in scope to marine parks?

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #80 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 9:45am

freediver wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 9:29am:
Can you find an example of the coalition accusing Labor of not addressing those issues that is not limited in scope to marine parks?

What difference does it make if they mention marine parks in the same statement?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #81 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 9:55am

None, if they merely mention it. But if you look at what they actually said they limited the scope of their criticism to marine park policy. This is so they can 'say' something that is not true, without actually saying it, because they phrase it in a way that gullible people will think they said it.

That is why you cannot find an example of the Coalition actually saying what you think they say. This is because if they actually said it, they would open themselves up to accusations of hypocrisy and turn public attention to how well they compare on those other issues. So instead they quietly slip in a bit of meaningless gibberish that they cannot be held accountable for but which will pick up a few votes from those who see what they want to see.

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #82 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 10:10am

]None, if they merely mention it. But if you look at what they actually said they limited the scope of their criticism to marine park policy.

Rubbish, the policy covers quite a few areas. Yes, marine parks, but also, pollution, dregradation and introduced species and also other issues like buy out of commercial licences and a representative body.

This is so they can 'say' something that is not true, without actually saying it, because they phrase it in a way that gullible people will think they said it.

Now that's weird.

That is why you cannot find an example of the Coalition actually saying what you think they say.

Weird again. Do you know what your saying in your posts. They don't have any internal logic and are now descending into the incomprehensible.

This is because if they actually said it, they would open themselves up to accusations of hypocrisy and turn public attention to how well they compare on those other issues. So instead they quietly slip in a bit of meaningless gibberish that they cannot be held accountable for but which will pick up a few votes from those who see what they want to see.

How exactly will they be hypocrites?

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #83 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 12:16pm

Quote:

Because labor has a better record in dealing with those other threats to the marine environment. That is why the coalition is not prepared to say that Labor has failed to address those issues. They are only prepared to say that labor's implimentation of marine parks has failed to solve problems that marine parks are not intended to solve in the first place.

That is why they rely on people like you to 'interpret' what they say - because they cannot honestly say it themselves and cannot risk the inevitable accusations of hypocrisy.

This is why you cannot come up with an example of the coalition actually saying what you 'interpret' from their meaningless gibberish. This is why the coalition had to resort to putting meaningless gibberish in their policy statement.

Quote:
Marine parks as operated by the Keneally Labor Government concentrate solely on restricting fishing rather than addressing pollution, introduced species and agricultural substances and inappropriate coastal development

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #84 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 12:52pm

[] Quote:

Because labor has a better record in dealing with those other threats to the marine environment.

Doubful. What has Labor done exactly? And how do make a comparison when the Coalition hasn't been in government for 16 years?

That is why the coalition is not prepared to say that Labor has failed to address those issues. They are only prepared to say that labor's implimentation of marine parks has failed to solve problems that marine parks are not intended to solve in the first place.

Another way of looking at it is you have a comprehension problem. Also what about the other half of it - ie that fishing is over empasised as a threat.

That is why they rely on people like you to 'interpret' what they say - because they cannot honestly say it themselves and cannot risk the inevitable accusations of hypocrisy.

This is why you cannot come up with an example of the coalition actually saying what you 'interpret' from their meaningless gibberish. This is why the coalition had to resort to putting meaningless gibberish in their policy statement.

Is that all you can contribute - sophist nonsense and chanting 'meaningless jiberish'?

[quote]Marine parks as operated by the Keneally Labor Government concentrate solely on restricting fishing rather than addressing pollution, introduced species and agricultural substances and inappropriate coastal development. [quote]

It would help if you would leave the sentence within in the quote instead of chopping the rest out - a habit of yours.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #85 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 1:16pm

So can you find an example of the coalition accusing Labor of failing to adress those other issues, or claiming to adress them better?

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #86 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 4:43pm

freediver wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 1:16pm:
So can you find an example of the coalition accusing Labor of failing to adress those other issues, or claiming to adress them better?

They just have in their new policy.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #87 - Mar 5th, 2011 at 7:09pm

Can you quote them for me? Do they limit the scope of their criticism to Labor's implimentation of marine parks?

IP Logged

pjb05
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #88 - Mar 9th, 2011 at 7:38pm

freediver wrote on Mar 5th, 2011 at 7:09pm:
Can you quote them for me? Do they limit the scope of their criticism to Labor's implimentation of marine parks?

I already have and no they don't. No one says this issue is entirely limited to marine parks - it's just a sophist ploy you have dreamed up.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #89 - Mar 10th, 2011 at 9:04pm

I can't see it.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Send Topic Print