Send Topic Print
rape in Islam (Read 4973 times)
freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
rape in Islam
Nov 6th, 2010 at 1:36pm

What does Islam say about soldiers having sex with women caught in battle?

Does a wife have a right to refuse to have sex with her husband?

Can a slave owner have sex with his slaves? Does the slave have a right to refuse sex?

If a muslim man rapes a non-muslim woman, is the non-muslim's testimony discounted in court, on account of non-muslims being 'untrustworthy'?

I identify as Mail because all I do is SendIT!
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Re: rape in Islam
Reply #1 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 8:35pm

Annie Anthrax wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 11:02am:
You haven't linked to any 'evidence' about rape being permitted in Islam in your Wiki.

I will add these for you Annie:

Abu on Spousal rape:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1232575425/48#48

It states a man has authority over his wife's body, this means he could have sex with her whenever he pleased, does it not? It means that no consent would be required in order to have sex, as he has authority, not her.

Rape of slaves, concubines, and women caught through conquest:

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1264373261/0#0

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1233662424/31#31

http://www.ozpolitic.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1225539453/13#13

IP Logged

abu_rashid
Gold Member

Aussie Muslim

Reply #2 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 8:51pm

fd,

you'd have to be one of the most dishonest (or just utterly stupid) people I've come across in the battle to defame Islam.

Quote:
It (ie. the NT/Bible) states a man has authority over his wife's body, this means he could have sex with her whenever he pleased, does it not? It means that no consent would be required in order to have sex, as he has authority, not her.

This was about the bible you goose. Unless you're actually compiling a wiki about Christianity and the Bible, then you've got your story ass-about.

It was a follow up to this post:

Quote:
"Let the husband render to his wife the affection due her, and likewise also the wife to her husband. The wife does not have authority over her own body, but the husband does. And likewise the husband does not have authority over his own body, but the wife does. Do not deprive one another except with consent for a time, that you may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again so that Satan does not tempt you because of your lack of self-control." (1 Corinthians 7:3-5)

Note: this is NT not OT, so don't give me any of this "It's from the OT we don't believe in that anymore" crap

Seriously, I don't know why you bother with all this fd, all it does it make you look like a clumsy buffoon. Go and sit with soren for a few months and polish up your bulldusting skills, cos you're not doing a very good job of it as it is.

abu_rashid  
IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #3 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:04pm

Well at least that's something different from "I've told you this in no uncertain terms countless times before" etc etc

Still, you can't seem to bring yourself to answer the question, can you? Here I was thinking I had stumbled across one of these answers you supposedly give all the time, but I was mistaken. You are only 'open and frank' about other religions.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #4 - Nov 8th, 2010 at 10:06pm

Quote:
Let's just say it's the same as the NT.

Is that you admitting that Islam allows spousal rape? I wouldn't want to go assuming anything. I have enough trouble figuring out what your views are on Islam.

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #5 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:52pm

freediver wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 1:36pm:
What does Islam say about soldiers having sex with women caught in battle?

Does a wife have a right to refuse to have sex with her husband?

Can a slave owner have sex with his slaves? Does the slave have a right to refuse sex?

If a muslim man rapes a non-muslim woman, is the non-muslim's testimony discounted in court, on account of non-muslims being 'untrustworthy'?

Muslims are allowed to have sex with captured slaves.

A wife must have sex whenever her husband desires even if she is doing household chores.

Sex with slaves is halal.

Mohammad had a coptic christian slave girl called Maria who gave him his only son called Ibrahim who died before he reached 2 years of age.

As we see in the news with Pakistan and Saudi Arabia rapes are not investigated against non muslim women when the male is muslim and the police force is muslim.

A muslim woman needs 4 witnesses to prove rape against a muslim man.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

freediver
Gold Member

www.ozpolitic.com

At my desk.
Reply #6 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:57pm

Quote:
A wife must have sex whenever her husband desires even if she is doing household chores.

Does that mean she must have sex while doing the chores, or does she get a break from the chores?

IP Logged

Baronvonrort
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:14pm

freediver wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:57pm:
Quote:

Does that mean she must have sex while doing the chores, or does she get a break from the chores?

It depends on her husband she must be obedient so if he wants her to keep doing the chores then he will fit it in around that.

Quran 4.34 sums up womens rights.

Leftists and the Ayatollahs have a lot in common when it comes to criticism of Islam, they don't tolerate it.

IP Logged

Yadda
Gold Member

A cat with a view
Reply #8 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:41am

Baronvonrort wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 10:14pm:
freediver wrote on Jan 19th, 2011 at 9:57pm:
Quote:

It depends on her husband she must be obedient so if he wants her to keep doing the chores then he will fit it in around that.

Quran 4.34 sums up womens rights.

The Koran also states that the woman, the wife, has [essentially] the status of a field [of earth, 'tilth'].

"Your wives are as a tilth unto you; so approach your tilth when or how ye will; but do some good act for your souls beforehand; and fear Allah. And know that ye are to meet Him (in the Hereafter), and give (these) good tidings to those who believe."
Koran 2.223

And her husband is permitted to use his wife [to 'plough' her] as he wishes ['how ye will'].

Moslems claim that the contents of the Koran are the direct words of Allah, and therefore sex on demand, for a man, is sanctified in the Koran, and this 'sanctity' comes from Allah himself.

i.e. Moslem women know that it is sinful for a wife to refuse a husband sex, when her husband wants it [sex].

"....And he said unto him, If they hear not Moses and the prophets, neither will they be persuaded, though one rose from the dead."
Luke 16:31

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print