perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Re: Guy Fawkes
Reply #45 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:46am

codswal wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 8:52am:
Ex Dame Pansi wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 8:47am:
My point was that intelligent political threads have been moved, and the moderator seems fit to let this stay in the political thread. Why so freediver?

chat or general?

but thats the point pansi this will only be here for a few minutes..its not the end of the world..I dont go into any of the other threads.. not sure why..so its just a bit of fun from the norm of bashing each other about ids and crap like that

You assumed that this thread would be moved Cods, clearly thats not happened.

I can see several other categories, where this thread would more properly redise!

That said, I don't necessarily believe that moving threads is warranted, but if that is what the owner of the site (FD) wants, then that's also fine.

So long as he is consistent, which he is not! FD moved somethings out of his pet area (Politics Suck), which are certainly related to Politics, then leaves other threads, such as this one, which have a tenuous link, at best.

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #46 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:47am

Guy Fawkes was a political activist/anarchist.
Where should political comments be situated then, if not within Politics?

Or are you just trying to cause trouble again?

Yeah, I know I'm right, so I guess you just have to learn to live with that!

IP Logged

codswal
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #47 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:16am

perceptions_now wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:46am:
My point was that intelligent political threads have been moved, and the moderator seems fit to let this stay in the political thread. Why so freediver?

chat or general?

but thats the point pansi this will only be here for a few minutes..its not the end of the world..I dont go into any of the other threads.. not sure why..so its just a bit of fun from the norm of bashing each other about ids and crap like that

I can see several other categories, where this thread would more properly redise!

That said, I don't necessarily believe that moving threads is warranted, but if that is what the owner of the site (FD) wants, then that's also fine.

So long as he is consistent, which he is not! FD moved somethings out of his pet area (Politics Suck), which are certainly related to Politics, then leaves other threads, such as this one, which have a tenuous link, at best.

just had the very same thought pc..I am shocked its still here otherwise I wouldnt have said what I said.. maybe someone has to elert FD..who knows.maybe in a good free thinking mood!!! maybe its his day off.anyway I dont expect it to last much longer

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #48 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:18am

chat or general?

EXACTLY

freedivers other forum- POLITICAL ANIMAL
Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #49 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:25am

I suspect the main problem with all of this is that MOZZ has gone AWOL and FD spends most of his time here on the fishing thread.
I've noticed the other global mod,LOC has been coming in on a daily basis, but LOC tends to let most things go, which is good in most instances, but when you have a troll/fruitcake like meeeelie/ticfin defecating all over the forum at their will the forum will die a sad lonely death, like all the other forums the loonie has destroyed.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #50 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:28am

skippy. wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:25am:
I suspect the main problem with all of this is that MOZZ has gone AWOL and FD spends most of his time here on the fishing thread.
I've noticed the other global mod,LOC has been coming in on a daily basis, but LOC tends to let most things go, which is good in most instances, but when you have a troll/fruitcake like meeeelie/ticfin defecating all over the forum at their will the forum will die a sad lonely death, like all the other forums the loonie has destroyed.

Yeah its much better for skippy and his vegitmite ID to be trolling, flaming, abusing and defacating all over the boards isnt it.

Oh and can you tell me where a political thread is meant to be posted if not in the politics section....yeah didnt think you could.

bwaaaaahaaaaaa

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #51 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:31am

You know....if you dont like the thread, you dont have to contribute to it, nor read it.

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #52 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:33am

tickfen wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:31am:
You know....if you dont like the thread, you dont have to contribute to it, nor read it.

The problem is YOU troll, you've stuffed this forum like you stuff every forum you haunt.

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #53 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:35am

skippy. wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:33am:
tickfen wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:31am:

The problem is YOU troll, you've stuffed this forum like you stuff every forum you haunt.

No skippy, you troll, an dyou are unable to accept other people's viewpoints.

Instead you badger and flame until you get your own way. Do you also stomp your fee and hold your breath?

bwaaaaaahaaaaa

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #54 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:36am

muso wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 6:15am:
tickfen wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:02pm:
Maybe someone should explain to him that Guy Fawkes was a political anarchist and that this is the politics thread.

Where else do you put political comments.....hang on, dont answer that!!!

bwaaaahaaaa

He was part of a Catholic plot to overthrow the Protestant king James I.  Robert Catesby was the ring leader, but Guy Fawkes was the one found with the explosives.

The Catholics of the time would argue that those who supported the Church of England under Henry VIII and Elizabeth I were the  real anarchists.

James I reigned as king of Great Britain and Ireland in 1603 with the Union of the Crowns. He had been king of Scotland for the previous 35 years as James VI. In November 1605, the first English parliament of James I was about to sit.

So Guy Fawkes night was a kind of anti-Catholic demonstration. The holiday started as a kind of religious celebration from 1606 onwards as a celebration of the victory of Protestantism.

In 1673, there was a ritual burning of the "Whore of Babylon" which was dressed up with papal symbols to represent the pope, so  that tradition of burning "the pope" continued on to this day in Britain.

Guy Fawkes himself was sentenced to be hung drawn and quartered. He jumped from the scaffold to break his neck to spare himself from the planned torture of parts 2 and 3.

Nicely summed there muso

IP Logged

skippy.
Gold Member

Reply #55 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:38am

Quote:
Instead you badger until you get your own way.

You've noticed, this will be no different. Grin Grin Grin

Click onWWW below 
IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #56 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:43am

tickfen wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 8:47am:
Guy Fawkes was a political activist/anarchist.
Where should political comments be situated then, if not within Politics?

Or are you just trying to cause trouble again?

Everything is NOT about you!

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #57 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:43am

... wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:07am:
Ahhh the joys of amateur fireworks, how I miss them.

It's just not the same turning out with half a million other people to watch your tax dollars go up in smoke as you 'oooooh' and 'aaaaah' at the official fireworks displays.

I suppose it's for our own good...we australian adults can't be trusted to do anything with the potential for physical harm.  Thank the overlords for keeping us safe from ourselves!

LOL yes the govt just doesnt trust anyone.

Guess though in the age of terrorists it maybe a good thing but again why should our livelihood, our lifestyle be impacted due to these terrorists. Afterall thats what they want.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #58 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:44am

codswal wrote on Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:16am:

chat or general?

just had the very same thought pc..I am shocked its still here otherwise I wouldnt have said what I said.. maybe someone has to elert FD..who knows.maybe in a good free thinking mood!!! maybe its his day off.anyway I dont expect it to last much longer

In fact FD has been here & moved a few things around, about 6pm yesterday, but left this here!

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #59 - Nov 6th, 2010 at 9:46am

This is a political thread and this is the political section dearie

bwaaaahaaaaa

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Send Topic Print