Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print
Guy Fawkes (Read 6559 times)
Gold Member

WA
Re: Guy Fawkes
Reply #15 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:07am

Ahhh the joys of amateur fireworks, how I miss them.

It's just not the same turning out with half a million other people to watch your tax dollars go up in smoke as you 'oooooh' and 'aaaaah' at the official fireworks displays.

I suppose it's for our own good...we australian adults can't be trusted to do anything with the potential for physical harm.  Thank the overlords for keeping us safe from ourselves!

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #16 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 11:11am

In England around this time of year we always used to get the same advert with a girl with her hand in a bandage after picking up a lit sparkler.

Thing was the girl in the advert was about 10 years old, when it was showing she was about 25 by then.

Never ones for spending money on new adverts with the same big brother message.

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #17 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:00pm

Andrei.Hicks wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 8:34am:
Wasn't it great as a kid.

Getting a Guy, dressing him up and then setting fire to him on a bonfire.

I don't know, I tried to explain to Aussies about the concept and it sounds so macabre when you explain it but it's all a bit of fun.

We'll probably need to stop it soon because the pink, social equality brigade will find it all so Un-PC.

then the next day scavenging around for the fireworks that didnt go off

aaaahhhh yes those were the days my friend....i think i can hear a song starting

bwaaaaahaaaaa

Yeah, I know I'm right, so I guess you just have to learn to live with that!

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #18 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:02pm

codswal wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 7:35am:
for one, thank my Fun Nazi Overlords for protecting me from everything that may cause some level of excitment in my life.

x

does that go for PANSI as well?...ha.ha.ha.

Maybe someone should explain to him that Guy Fawkes was a political anarchist and that this is the politics thread.

Where else do you put political comments.....hang on, dont answer that!!!

bwaaaahaaaa

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #19 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:05pm

Ah cracker night, that was fun. Can`t have that sort of thing now of course, the little darlings might have a bit of fun, not on at all!  Besides, far safer to experiment with drugs than have normal fun, everyone should know that.

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #20 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:08pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:05pm:
Ah cracker night, that was fun. Can`t have that sort of thing now of course, the little darlings might have a bit of fun, not on at all!  Besides, far safer to experiment with drugs than have normal fun, everyone should know that.

Yes where did we lose our focus to eliminate supervised fun (as there were oodles of parents in attendance) in favour of so-called safe injecting rooms!!!

IP Logged

Deborahmac09
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #21 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:09pm

tickfen wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:08pm:
Ah cracker night, that was fun. Can`t have that sort of thing now of course, the little darlings might have a bit of fun, not on at all!  Besides, far safer to experiment with drugs than have normal fun, everyone should know that.

Yes where did we lose our focus to eliminate supervised fun (as there were oodles of parents in attendance) in favour of so-called safe injecting rooms!!!

At least that way, we might not find needles in the park when we take our kids to play early in the morning!

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #22 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:11pm

Thing is, we can`t idiot proof the world. The Darwin factor can`t be eliminated.  Although it has been fun trying, for the parasites who live off the "idiot proofing regulations".

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #23 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:12pm

Deborahmac09 wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:09pm:

At least that way, we might not find needles in the park when we take our kids to play early in the morning!

wonderfull

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #24 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:20pm

Deborahmac09 wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:09pm:

Or in the sand on the beaches

But hey, dont complain else the Greenies will get upset!!!!

IP Logged

tickfen
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #25 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:21pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:11pm:
Thing is, we can`t idiot proof the world. The Darwin factor can`t be eliminated.  Although it has been fun trying, for the parasites who live off the "idiot proofing regulations".

True, we should embrace the idiots (like dippy) so that we can appreciate those of higher intellect......like ummmm
MEEEEEEE

bwaaaaahaaaaa

IP Logged

Jaykaye_09
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #26 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:32pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:11pm:
Thing is, we can`t idiot proof the world. The Darwin factor can`t be eliminated.

Indeed, you just can't account for stupidity - something which is extremely obvious as various state governments attempt to increase the restrictions on young drivers in WA (for example). All the rules in the world won't stop a dickhead on the road from being a dickhead on the road.

Incidentally, you're all welcome to come to the park near my place. Despite what people are and aren't allowed to do, there seems to be fireworks going off a fair bit (considering).

If I don't respond to a post directed toward me, it's probably because I've gone offline, not because I'm rude.&&&&Or maybe I don't like you. In which case, sod off. Ta.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #27 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:34pm

You sure that`s not just another drug gang fight mate?

IP Logged

Jaykaye_09
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #28 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:40pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:34pm:
You sure that`s not just another drug gang fight mate?

Way too precious in my neck of the woods. Unless the middle-aged parents are trying to make up for lost time.

I want to make a Latino joke, but I won't.

Regardless; fireworks, middle-aged gangsters - it's all a bit of fun.

And isn't that what it's all about.

If I don't respond to a post directed toward me, it's probably because I've gone offline, not because I'm rude.&&&&Or maybe I don't like you. In which case, sod off. Ta.

IP Logged

Andrei.Hicks
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Carlsbad, CA
Reply #29 - Nov 5th, 2010 at 12:41pm

There was nothing better as a kid Jay than getting a Guy and setting fire to him on a bonfire.

It reminded us what this country is about!

Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination - Oscar Wilde

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 6
Send Topic Print