Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
Should be royal commission into CC science (Read 10479 times)
perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Re: Should be royal commission into CC science
Reply #15 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 9:32pm

BobH wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 7:44pm:
If we are going to really get into this and try to get to a good understanding of the climate change issue, I also think some investigation needs to be done. Specifically into the funding of IPCC scientists and organizations. Look at how many pro-AGW scientists get government grants as opposed to anti-AGW scientists, and if there's any reason other than their findings on AGW that they do or don't receive government grants. If two scientific research centers with no difference other than their conclusions and findings on AGW are both applying for government grants, but only the scientists who believe in AGW get the grants, then that's cause for concern. Look at oil companies and other corporations who fund AGW skepticism too. Follow the money.

Good luck to you, but the chances of getting any open ended enquiry agreed to, is a little slim.

IP Logged

Aussie
Gold Member

OzPolitic

Reply #16 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 9:39pm

Mellie, you and your socks will eventually suffocate this place.  It is no mere coincidence that the Mods have vanished.

IP Logged

perceptions_now
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth  WA
Reply #17 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 10:14pm

Aussie wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 9:39pm:
Mellie, you and your socks will eventually suffocate this place.  It is no mere coincidence that the Mods have vanished.

Huh?

IP Logged

Dsmithy70
Gold Member

ire futuis vobismetipsis

Newy
Reply #18 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 10:22pm

codswal wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 6:44pm:
Dsmithy70 wrote on Oct 25th, 2010 at 9:48pm:
Sure stryder, but would you support the outcome if it went against the answer you wanted??

no offence smithy but what has supporting anything got to do with this..many people are in disbelief about humans controling our weather patterns..but that wont stop gillard and Co hitting them with higher cost of living and power bills from hell. this mob doesnt discriminate when it comes to passing the buck.. so I for one dont support any tripe that they come up with not by a long shot.. of course I cant prove anything just logic tells me mankind cant change a thing.but if stupid lefties think its cool good on em I wish they were the only ones to pick up the tab they might change their minds..

have you seen the state of our rivers by any chance.. all man made garbage as thick as anything..now every year they go out and pick up tonnes of garbage left by humans..year in  year out nothing changes... oh yes it does.. the garbage gets worse because no one cares today.I will drop it, someone else will pick it up eventually!!!. we cant even get the recycling bins right and how hard is that?..but yet we will reverse GW..ha,ha,

No offence taken Cods as I know none was intended.
A few points you raise:
Quote:
many people are in disbelief about humans controling our weather patterns.

No one has said or believes humans can control weather patterns, thats not what CC is about it is about pollution in the upper atmosphere acting as the glass roof in a greenhouse does by trapping and amphifing heat that would normally be reflected back into space.
Quote:
but that wont stop gillard and Co hitting them with higher cost of living and power bills from hell.

Gillard so far has added no cost to your electricity bill, your bills are rising due to 20+ years of no investment in maintinance or new power stations being built by successive state governments of both ilks.
Tonight it was reported over all the electricity generators will need to invest 43 billion in the network and we as consumers will pay.No ETS or carbon price has been implemented or even set as yet so therefore Gillard has not cost you a cent as I say, Yet.
Quote:
logic tells me mankind cant change a thing.

Mankind has been changing things since we first started farming by the selection of specific animals and plants and now we are changing things on a celluar level.
Your paragraph on rivers disproves this statement the rivers were fine until we started sucking them dry, diverting flows and of course the pollution you mention.

I don't know how much our emmissions are effecting the climate or whether we can do anything about it but I find the argument to do nothing and stick with what we know is a dirty way to produce power using a finite reasource is a regression.Mankind has, since the first day strived to improve our lot and make the world(even just the place we live) better for our children so why now are we suddenly refusing to invest in a better way in both cost and pollution to power our cities?
If renewable reasearch was funded by half of what we give to the vested interests we could have virtually free power from a reasource that is endless, and that Cods is the reason for such verment opposition to them, no one after installation will have a gravy train to live off.

REBELLION is not what most people think it is.
REBELLION is when you turn off the TV & start educating & thinking for yourself.
Gavin Nascimento

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print