Forum

Back to OzPolitic.com   Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register
  Forum Home Album HelpSearch Recent Rules LoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print
The Strategic Stuff Ups Of Howard, Bush, Blair. (Read 3632 times)
imcrookonit
Ex Member

The Strategic Stuff Ups Of Howard, Bush, Blair.
Oct 25th, 2010 at 5:51pm

John Howard grossly mismanaged Afghan war, says Bob Brown

GREENS leader Bob Brown has blamed the drawn out conflict in Afghanistan on the "strategic stuff ups" of John Howard, George Bush and Tony Blair.

In a speech during the parliamentary debate on the war in Afghanistan, Senator Brown accused the trio of gross mismanagement and strategic errors which ensured the continuation of the war and a failure to capture Osama Bin Laden.

He also slammed former prime minister John Howard and former US president George W Bush of making a “strategic stuff up” by turning their attention from Afghanistan to the war in Iraq.

And he suggested Mr Howard was at fault for sticking too closely to the United States.

“John Howard’s role as Deputy Sherriff… cannot be forgotten or disregarded,” he said.

“Our troops are fighting in Afghanistan in 2010 because Bush, Howard and others like Tony Blair grossly mismanaged their international ascendancy in 2001-3,” he added.

Senator Brown also suggested that if Osama Bin Laden and the “medieval Taliban leader” Mullah Omar had been captured following the September 11 attack, the war would have been prevented.

“Let no one forget there remains well founded conjecture that if president George Bush continued negotiating with Mullah Omar back in 2001, Omar would still be in Kabul but would have captured and delivered Osama Bin Laden to America at that time.

“Or had the Americans been willing, Bin Laden reportedly could have been delivered to a third country for trial even earlier.

"That would have made this whole bloody conflict unnecessary."

Senator Brown again called on Julia Gillard to bring Australian troops home, saying it was the responsibility to ensure Australian service men and women were taken out of harm’s way.

He attacked the Prime Minister’s extension of the Australian engagement with the war torn nation for another decade.

“This belated debate has drawn out the commitment of Prime Minister Gillard and Opposition Leader Abbott to years more. The Prime Minister flagged as many as 10 more years for Australian personnel in Afghanistan.

“Yet the Netherlands after a much more detailed and engaged parliamentary debate and a change of government at the national election have now taken its troops home. Canada is to follow suit.

“The Greens believe Australia should also bring its troops home. Twenty-one Australian diggers have already died. How many more will die?"

IP Logged

imcrookonit
Ex Member

Re: The Strategic Stuff Ups Of Howard, Bush, Blair.
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 5:53pm

Vote 1 - Australian Greens.  The fair and sensible people.

IP Logged

Gold Member

WA
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 5:55pm

LOL.  I'm no fan of the conflicts we're caught in, but Bob Brown offering advice on warfare?  really?????????

In the fullness of time...

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 6:47pm

... wrote on Oct 25th, 2010 at 5:55pm:
LOL.  I'm no fan of the conflicts we're caught in, but Bob Brown offering advice on warfare?  really?????????

Yeah, ok... you're right. The Bush brigade are a much better bet  Undecided

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 7:45pm

jame-e wrote on Oct 25th, 2010 at 6:47pm:
LOL.  I'm no fan of the conflicts we're caught in, but Bob Brown offering advice on warfare?  really?????????

Ronald Mc Donald is a better bet than Bob Brownknob.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #5 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 8:14pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Oct 25th, 2010 at 7:45pm:

Cheeseburger bombs, i like it Smiley. I'd much prefer a fat Iraqi kid to a dead one.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:01am

I find it interesting Bob blames strategic errors of Bush, Blair and Howard, considering those strategic directions were not divised by them.

Thats the easy thing about hindsight isnt it, everyone becomes an expert.

Considering Bobs stragety was not go there in the first place, I dont see doing nothing as a solution to the UN backed intervention.

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:36am

Verge wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:01am:
I find it interesting Bob blames strategic errors of Bush, Blair and Howard, considering those strategic directions were not divised by them.

Considering Bobs stragety was not go there in the first place, I dont see doing nothing as a solution to the UN backed intervention.

Brown is a wind vane.  Bob Brown would say anything to get in the limelight, this clown knows nothing but whining and bickering, he`s never done anything but whine in his entire wasted life.

Strategy? Military tactics?  This clown is ignorant in these fields of expertise also.  Bob Brown doesn`t even know who to attribute these decisions to?

The Greens - bunches of dunces.

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #8 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:38am

jame-e wrote on Oct 25th, 2010 at 8:14pm:
aussiefree2ride wrote on Oct 25th, 2010 at 7:45pm:

Cheeseburger bombs, i like it Smiley. I'd much prefer a fat Iraqi kid to a dead one.

Pork roll carpet bombing.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #9 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 7:51pm

aussiefree2ride wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:36am:
Verge wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:01am:

Brown is a wind vane.  Bob Brown would say anything to get in the limelight, this clown knows nothing but whining and bickering, he`s never done anything but whine in his entire wasted life.

Strategy? Military tactics?  This clown is ignorant in these fields of expertise also.  Bob Brown doesn`t even know who to attribute these decisions to?

The Greens - bunches of dunces.

Whos better?

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #10 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:01pm

Although in the Greens, didn't Bob Brown serve some time (like a criminal for the UK/USA) in the Military - with action?

Also, John Howard was George Bush's favourite little "superman".
Ah yes, the Anglo-Saxon Empire in full swing.
And I wonder if Blair's seige on Zimbabwe is still starving milllions of his supporters who don't support Mugabe and his efforts?
Roll Eyes
Thank god for the United Nations.

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

Verge
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #11 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:34pm

I kinda liked this, speaks volumes about our political process.

Please excuse the language

And why not, if you will permit me; why shouldn’t I, if you will permit me; spend my first week as prime minister, should that happen, on this, on your, country - Abbott with the Garma People Aug 13

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #12 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:51pm

Where do we go from here?

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

jame-e

Australian Politics

Darwin (currently)
Reply #13 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 9:01pm

Verge wrote on Oct 26th, 2010 at 8:34pm:
I kinda liked this, speaks volumes about our political process.

Please excuse the language

http://imgfave.lg1x8z.simplecdn.net/image_cache/1245280058404517.jpeg

On to the next War,
On to the next abused alter boy,
on to the next degree of warming,
On to the next phase of succesive government failures,
On and on and on.

When i was younger, i got slapped in the face alot.
One day i decided to change from "want a root" to, "Hello".
Root-slap ratio significantly improved.
Since... I have learned to apply the principle to many aspects of my life  Smiley

IP Logged

philperth2010
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Perth
Reply #14 - Oct 26th, 2010 at 9:47pm

Bob Brown condemned the war from the start and was not sucked in by drawings of trucks with chemical labs.....stories from people who were tortured and information that was already discredited before the invasion.....in retrospect Bob Brown was correct all along!!!

How were we to know we were being fed a pile of crap when the Coalition of the killing were telling us there was no alternative.....because there is always an alternative to war!!!

You cannot simultaneously prevent and prepare for war.
Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955), (attributed)

War was always the only option for the Conservatives.....there was never any attempt to find another way to deal with a small group of extremists.....killing on mass was there solution to everything!!!

Angry

If knowledge can create problems, it is not through ignorance that we can solve them.
Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 
Send Topic Print