Doped up Australians (Read 834 times)
____
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Australia
Doped up Australians
Oct 23rd, 2010 at 2:20pm

Nine new doping cases in Australia

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority says nine Australian athletes have tested positive to methylhexaneamine, a banned stimulant that it warns may be contained in some nutritional supplements.

ASADA said Saturday that the athletes will not be identified until further investigations are held. Media reports Saturday said some of the athletes were several competitors from the Commonwealth Games, as well as rugby league and Australian Rules football players.

However, officials from the Australian Commonwealth Games Association, the National Rugby League, the Australian Football League and Athletics Australia all said none of their athletes were involved.

At the recently concluded Commonwealth Games in New Delhi, two Nigerian runners tested positive for methylhexaneamine. Osayomi Oludamola was stripped of a gold medal in the women's 100 meters and Samuel Okon, who was sixth in the final of the men's 110-meter hurdles, was also disqualified.

ASADA chief executive officer Aurora Andruska said the spike in positive test results for the stimulant was a "timely reminder" to all athletes to use caution in checking the contents of supplements and other products they choose to use.

"ASADA wants to get the warning out to the Australian sporting community to be on the lookout for any supplement or product containing methylhexaneamine." she said. "Methylhexaneamine is appearing more and more in doping test results and has been linked to a number of popular supplements.

"Australian athletes must be very careful when using any supplement because, under the World Anti-Doping Code's policy of strict liability, athletes are responsible for any substance found in their body."

ASADA said methylhexaneamine, also referred to as dimethylamylamine and dimethylpentylamine, is classed as an S6 stimulant on the WADA's prohibited list and is banned in competition. Suspensions involving the substance can range up to two years.

Andruska said it wasn't the first warning ASADA has issued to athletes, but confirmed that nine positive tests was a concerning number.

"It's an unusual spike that we've seen just over this recent time, however what we're trying to do is get on the front foot here and let our athletes know to be very careful in taking these supplements," she said.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/news/article.cfm?c_id=4&objectid=10682584

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Re: Doped up Australians
Reply #1 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 2:56pm

What are their names?
Oh thats right, hide em from appropriate public shame - because Australian Athletes never do anything wrong and unpure.

SUCKING ON MY TITTIES, LIKE I KNOW YOU WANT TO.

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 3:39pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 2:56pm:
What are their names?
Oh thats right, hide em from appropriate public shame - because Australian Athletes never do anything wrong and unpure.

READ THIS BIT BEFORE YOU JUDGE

ASADA chief executive officer Aurora Andruska said the spike in positive test results for the stimulant was a "timely reminder" to all athletes to use caution in checking the contents of supplements and other products they choose to use.

"ASADA wants to get the warning out to the Australian sporting community to be on the lookout for any supplement or product containing methylhexaneamine." she said. "Methylhexaneamine is appearing more and more in doping test results and has been linked to a number of popular supplements

Angry Angry

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 3:44pm

Australian Athletes are so pure and innocent.
Grin Grin

...must be terrible for the Australian (Television/Newspaper) Media to find that "THEIR" version of Australia is going broke, self-destructing, selling themselves short, doing drugs, having sex scandels, etc, etc.
Read the Newspapers - besides spelling Gaol, the american version (Jail) - their Australia is going to the rot for want of being a success in the UK or USA.
Grin

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #4 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 3:51pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 3:44pm:
Australian Athletes are so pure and innocent.
Grin Grin

...must be terrible for the Australian (Television/Newspaper) Media to find that "THEIR" version of Australia is going broke, self-destructing, selling themselves short, doing drugs, having sex scandels, etc, etc.
Read the Newspapers - besides spelling Gaol, the american version (Jail) - their Australia is going to the rot for want of being a success in the UK or USA.
Grin

Doped up Australians
Today at 2:20pm     Nine new doping cases in Australia

The Australian Sports Anti-Doping Authority says nine Australian athletes have tested positive to methylhexaneamine, a banned stimulant that it warns may be contained in some nutritional supplements.

ASADA said Saturday that the athletes will not be identified until further investigations are held. Media reports Saturday said some of the athletes were several competitors from the Commonwealth Games, as well as rugby league and Australian Rules football players.

I SHOULD HAV POSTED THIS TO SORRY

Wink

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #5 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 3:53pm

Don't worry,

If Cops are using Guns as if they were in the Military,
then thats probably why you have
Athletes using Drugs as if they were in the Medical. Wink

IP Logged

bwood1946
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #6 - Oct 23rd, 2010 at 3:59pm

It_is_the_Darkness wrote on Oct 23rd, 2010 at 3:53pm:
Don't worry,

If Cops are using Guns as if they were in the Military,
then thats probably why you have
Athletes using Drugs as if they were in the Medical. Wink

Im not going to ask you to explain that logic  Your DRUGS seem to be in control..

; Grin GrinD

TPI  VETERAN
bwood1946 bwood1946  
IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #7 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 10:40am

We should start a "Druggie`s Olympics" should be able to enlist a few track burners from these very boards.

IP Logged

It_is_the_Darkness
Gold Member

Australian Politics

in a ReTardis
Reply #8 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 10:51am

I agree - let the athletes pump themselves stoopid and lets see some really amazing stuff ...like Roid Footy!!!

IP Logged

aussiefree2ride
Gold Member

Australian Politics

Reply #9 - Oct 24th, 2010 at 7:07pm

Ahhhhh, STEROID footy, I see, not HEAMEROID footy?
Am I right?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print